Forum Replies Created
-
AuthorPosts
-
AndrewKeymasterWell done, Sami! Such a beautiful song 🙂
AndrewKeymasterYes, the problem was me LOL. I forgot to change the video URL. Refresh the page, should be correct now and TY for letting me know 🙂
April 7, 2021 at 11:06 pm in reply to: Participate in the April 2021 Challenge – WIN Kanile’a Baritone Ukulele! #46462
AndrewKeymasterI agree, Andrea. It’s very difficult to play. We’re working on 2 more with Evan. One is beyond ridiculous LOL – but, the other isn’t. It actually might be the easiest one he’s ever done for us. AND – it’s super fun to play!
Debb, totally cool with me!
April 6, 2021 at 9:45 pm in reply to: Participate in the April 2021 Challenge – WIN Kanile’a Baritone Ukulele! #46446
AndrewKeymasterBravo, Andrea! It sounds beautiful 🙂
Here’s what I would do: You’ve got quite a few spliced clips. So my main focus would be on playing it as a complete piece. But, I want you to work on only one solo at a time.
When you’re comfortable playing through it, you can start working on touching up the areas you mentioned. And don’t be afraid to slow the tempo down when practicing. I’d increase speed last.
Ending where you did is okay.
April 5, 2021 at 8:01 pm in reply to: April 10, 2021 – Live Lesson: The Nashville Number System #46434
AndrewKeymasterHi guys! There will be a PDF posted after the initial broadcast. Check back when we release the lesson to download it 🙂
April 5, 2021 at 12:21 pm in reply to: Participate in the April 2021 Challenge – WIN Kanile’a Baritone Ukulele! #46422
AndrewKeymasterGot it, Johanna!
Karen, here is a quick video with tips for you 🙂
April 3, 2021 at 9:38 pm in reply to: Participate in the April 2021 Challenge – WIN Kanile’a Baritone Ukulele! #46414
AndrewKeymaster@johanna2509 – Bravo! Well done. Here’s my feedback for you 🙂
@samash07 – My pleasure!
@ukandrea – Thank you so much for the kind words! And congrats on the progress! I can’t wait to hear you play it 🙂April 3, 2021 at 9:25 pm in reply to: Participate in the March 2021 Member Challenge – Theme: Love Songs! #46413
AndrewKeymasterThank you for the kind words, guys!
April 2, 2021 at 12:46 pm in reply to: Participate in the April 2021 Challenge – WIN Kanile’a Baritone Ukulele! #46396
AndrewKeymaster@samash07 – We’d love to! Please add all the requests you can think of HERE.
You asked a great question:
Would really love some tips on how to do those fret jumps without the pauses.
Here’s my feedback for you and here’s the lesson I referenced.
April 1, 2021 at 7:51 pm in reply to: Participate in the April 2021 Challenge – WIN Kanile’a Baritone Ukulele! #46392April 1, 2021 at 12:05 pm in reply to: Participate in the March 2021 Member Challenge – Theme: Love Songs! #46378
AndrewKeymasterWOW! We had 56 members participate this month! This challenge was a lot of fun and AJ and I thoroughly enjoyed watching everyone’s performances. Bravo to each of you who participated! Everyone did an amazing job!
This month’s prize is a beautiful Islander Concert Ukulele. So without further ado, the winner is:


Our April Challenge is LIVE: https://rockclass101.com/april-2021-challenge. The theme is Heartwarming Songs and it’s your first chance to WIN a $1,400 Kanile’a Baritone Ukulele! Hope to see everyone in the challenge! 🙂
—-
Here is everyone on page 8.
emiliano – Excellent interpretation. Every month your playing really impresses me, keep up the great work!
goody2shoes – Great start! Little more practice and you’ll smooth it out 🙂
April 1, 2021 at 11:52 am in reply to: Participate in the March 2021 Member Challenge – Theme: Love Songs! #46375
AndrewKeymasterHere’s everyone on page 7.
rockmyuke – Dennis, keep in mind that we are always our worst critic. I loved your interpretation. It was beautifully phrased and well played. Keep up the great work!
andrewvh – Great job, Andrew! It was cool to hear you throw in some of the concepts that Steven taught in the lesson, like vibrato.
I’d say, get it memorized so you can focus on how you want to splice in those concepts into the performance.
Catherine – Performance was great! Keep up the great work 🙂
celia21 – I like your use of rubato. Had a great natural feel, but be careful of having too much of a gap in between notes/phrases – which I head a couple times in the B Melody. Other than that it was great, keep up the good work!
eyka321 – Beautifully played! There were a couple spots you stumbled on, so just focus on cleaning those up in your practice. But otherwise, it was excellent!
timolnz – Performance sounds great, Tim! I would say that the notes sound a little bit punchy, which is indicative of plucking a little bit too strong/hard. But it’s hard to say if it’s you or just the audio recording being a bit hot.
Here’s a video you can check out that I made for another member in another challenge that talks about light verse soft attack:
goody2shoes – Sounds great, Joel! Well played 🙂
joe150 – This is one of the best takes I’ve heard from you, Joe! The melody sounds beautiful, but keep working on the ending of it. I’m really impressed with your performance this month, keep up the great work!
sylus9 – Here is my feedback for you and here’s the lesson I referenced 🙂
b_ukes_101 – Sounds great, Brandon! Focus your practice on cleaning up those little fluke areas and you’ll be rockin’ and rolling! Keep up the great work!
kirpuff – Beautifully played, Sara!
maryjanew – Sounds great, MJ! Keep working on the B Melody and I’d say, memorize it and then you can start to play around with some of the concepts that Steven taught in the lesson, like rubato or vibrato.
March 31, 2021 at 10:20 pm in reply to: Participate in the April 2021 Challenge – WIN Kanile’a Baritone Ukulele! #46362
AndrewKeymaster@misskika – If you do the baritone part on high G, the notes on the 4th string will sound off. Do you have a low G? It would work better for that instrument.
AndrewKeymasterNo worries, Brian! This take is much more fluid! Tells me the practice and effort is paying off 🙂
-
AuthorPosts