Forum Replies Created
-
AuthorPosts
-
AndrewKeymasterI love this song and you played it gracefully, Ulli. Well done! π
AndrewKeymasterBeautifully played, Jan! I enjoyed listening to it, too π
Ohh and the search feature can be found on the forum home page at the top left:

AndrewKeymaster
Each tab displays a letter symbol for the technique that’s to be used:
H = Hammer-On
P = Pull-Off
Sl. = Slide—-
0-2: Does it mean hammer-on? Start playing on open-string and hit 2nd note?
Since 0 is open-string, I am not sure if it is possible to play as βslidesβYes, H/O. Check out this lesson for an overview on how to do this technique.
You cannot slide open to 2. This would be a hammer-on.
2-0: Should I play starting with touching 2nd note and take off my finger?
Again, since 0 is open-string, I am sure if it is possible to play as βslidesβCorrect, the above link covers pull-offs too π
March 27, 2021 at 8:12 pm in reply to: Participate in the March 2021 Member Challenge β Theme: Love Songs! #46256
AndrewKeymaster@terryfallon3 – Your video is set to private, can you make it public?
AndrewKeymasterGreat job, Lisa! Sounds beautiful π
AndrewKeymasterSounds great! This is such a pretty tune π
I’m glad you guys picked it as the winner from our last vote off. Which btw, our arrangement/lesson will be out soon!
AndrewKeymasterLOL we had the same comment, Nora π
AndrewKeymasterIt’s brand new! Came out last Friday π
AndrewKeymasterGreat start, Nora! Sounds awesome π
March 20, 2021 at 3:07 pm in reply to: Participate in the March 2021 Member Challenge β Theme: Love Songs! #45824
AndrewKeymaster@katazumiri – That was absolutely lovely with the bass duet. Well done!
@shmu88 – Sounds great! There’s no right or wrong with rubato. As long as you dig it, that’s all that matters. As far as our advice goes, we just want to make sure you understand the concept, and it’s clear to me that you do π
AndrewKeymasterThat was amazing! I’m very impressed. Def gonna share this in our newsletter today π
March 18, 2021 at 12:46 pm in reply to: Participate in the March 2021 Member Challenge β Theme: Love Songs! #45807
AndrewKeymasterNo worries, you played it very well!
March 18, 2021 at 12:05 pm in reply to: Participate in the March 2021 Member Challenge β Theme: Love Songs! #45805
AndrewKeymaster@marlongas – I just spoke with AJ, he miscommunicated that he, himself, would have performed it faster. Your performance tempo is inline with Steven, who performed and taught the lesson. Which makes sense why his comment was confusing to you.
I just listened to your performance. Your playing oozes feeling and your expression of the piece was beautiful. Very well done!
—-
And for other folks reading this feedback: Keep in mind that a song like this is subjective to the performer. Steven’s lesson focused on vibrato, dynamics, and rubato. BUT, it’s up to you to interpret it and perform it as you see fit. There’s no right or wrong π
AndrewKeymasterBeautifully played! Christopher is working on another vintage Hawaiian song for us. Keep an eye out for it π
AndrewKeymaster@alexander_hiske1 – Check out Module 3, Unit 2 in our Harmonic’s Course. It teaches this technique in complete detail. If you’re still having trouble, post a video. I’ll be happy to take a look and further advise π
-
AuthorPosts