Forum Replies Created
-
AuthorPosts
-
April 29, 2020 at 1:11 pm in reply to: Participate in the April 2020 Member Challenge – WIN Kanile’a Tenor Ukulele! #37260
AndrewKeymasterThat was awesome, Taylor! For the H/O & P/O it’s all about strength. Make sure you H/O with enough force so that it rings at an equal volume to a regular plucked note. Check out this lesson and lemme know if you need more help.
AndrewKeymasterHi Anne, I moved your performance to its own topic as it’s not a song choice for the April challenge. But brilliant job, it sounds lovely! And nice to hear the new uke too!
AndrewKeymasterI’d send an email to Mike @ Uke Republic. I’m sure he knows the answer. Tell him I sent ya 🙂
April 27, 2020 at 12:31 am in reply to: Participate in the April 2020 Member Challenge – WIN Kanile’a Tenor Ukulele! #37166
AndrewKeymaster@funtime2018 – huge improvement on the 2nd time through! Stephen left you some feedback – I think the take away is to play with Matt AND the backing track. Matt’s playing acts as a guide this way, helping you stay locked in. BUT – you did a great job locking in on the last half of the rhythm track, so I know you can nail it all w/ practice! Keep up the good work!
AndrewKeymasterWelcome, Linda! Thank you so much for your support 🙂
I’d recommend starting here, and when you get comfortable with the fundamentals, jump into the clawhammer course! That will be a ton of fun with your banjolele!
And if you ever need help on the lessons, don’t hesitate to ask. Always happy to help!
AndrewKeymasterWelcome, @spikey! Thank you for your support!
I’d recommend starting here. Let me know if you have any questions. Always happy to help!
AndrewKeymasterHe says, thanks you so kindly!! 🙂
AndrewKeymasterMy pleasure!
April 21, 2020 at 11:43 am in reply to: Participate in the April 2020 Member Challenge – WIN Kanile’a Tenor Ukulele! #37033
AndrewKeymaster@andrewvh – I thought you did a great job, Andrew! 2 things I would do: Memorize it and play along w/ the backing track. It’ll help smooth out the performance and keep you locked into the groove.
Def post a video if you add the backbeat! BTW – bravo, @aloooy! Sounds great! Love seeing you guys rise to the added challenge 🙂
April 20, 2020 at 8:17 pm in reply to: Participate in the April 2020 Member Challenge – WIN Kanile’a Tenor Ukulele! #37029
AndrewKeymaster@funtime2018 – can you post a video? I’ll be better able to troubleshoot that if I can see what’s happening.
April 20, 2020 at 7:56 pm in reply to: Participate in the April 2020 Member Challenge – WIN Kanile’a Tenor Ukulele! #37027
AndrewKeymaster@funtime2018 – Great job! Here are my thoughts for you. And here is where I recommend starting and check out the reading course to truly tackle rhythm/timing.
April 20, 2020 at 6:17 pm in reply to: Participate in the April 2020 Member Challenge – WIN Kanile’a Tenor Ukulele! #37021April 20, 2020 at 5:19 pm in reply to: Participate in the April 2020 Member Challenge – WIN Kanile’a Tenor Ukulele! #37016
AndrewKeymasterStephen’s going to post everyone on page 7 in just a bit. But here are folks on page 8 so far 🙂
—-
@surfnrz – SO GOOD and so much fun to watch! You killed that solo! Big props on the timing and syncing both parts. There’s so much syncopation in this song that I’m super impressed but how accurate you got everything.The only advice I can offer you is to practice the parts that aren’t as clean at a slower tempo. Keep up the amazing work!
@barbecueblack – Excellent performance! You nailed the feel with getting the melody to pop and the harmony to beautifully sustain over it. Great job this month 🙂
AndrewKeymasterHi Faye,
“Link in the description box below” is in reference to folks watching the video on YouTube’s website or app. There is a description box under each video that let’s creators put text or links in (you would need to click “SHOW MORE” to expand it):

But if you’re watching the videos on our site, you won’t need to use any of this as I link the most important (extra) lessons in the “Helpful Tips” section above the video:

As for your second question, check out the second video on this page and jump 6 minutes into it to learn how to use the tab player. That video also gives a rundown on how to navigate the site 🙂
-
AuthorPosts