Forum Replies Created
-
AuthorPosts
-
AndrewKeymasterWelcome, Steve! I’m always around if you need help on the lessons. Don’t hesitate to email me or post on the forums 🙂
AndrewKeymasterI wouldn’t use a lysol wipe on an instrument. From what I’ve read, the virus can live up to a few days on surfaces. So the only option in my mind is to place the package in the corner of a room and wait a few days to open it.
April 17, 2020 at 1:02 pm in reply to: Participate in the April 2020 Member Challenge – WIN Kanile’a Tenor Ukulele! #36900April 16, 2020 at 12:01 pm in reply to: Participate in the April 2020 Member Challenge – WIN Kanile’a Tenor Ukulele! #36874
AndrewKeymaster@tric_o_tronic – great job! I think you’ve got a great base established. What I’d do moving forward is to work on memorizing it and tightening up the timing.
Take a 4 bar section, memorize it and play along with the tab player. The rhythm track (bass & cajon) will help keep you locked into the groove. Loop those 4 bars and when you feel comfortable, try the next 4 bars. Then go back and do 1-8. Work your way through the tune with that method 🙂
AndrewKeymasterWelcome, Ariana! And thank you for the kind words 🙂
AndrewKeymasterGreat job! This is still one of my fav tunes to play 🙂
April 14, 2020 at 1:12 pm in reply to: Participate in the April 2020 Member Challenge – WIN Kanile’a Tenor Ukulele! #36861
AndrewKeymasterApril 13, 2020 at 3:15 pm in reply to: Participate in the April 2020 Member Challenge – WIN Kanile’a Tenor Ukulele! #36841
AndrewKeymasterlildevil – beautiful playing, Barbara! Love the laid-back feel and coupled with your shirt, it really makes me think of Hawaii 🙂
johanna2509 – your triplet technique is phenomenal! But I do have one critic. I’d say you nailed it 75% of the time. So what I would work on is getting the execution consistent, so we get that number closer to 100%.
And super cool to see Berny’s uke 🙂
alex2531255 – Excellent playing! Great note clarity and sustain. And I LOVE the birds in the background – it makes the ambience of this piece so beautiful!
cncamacho – I thought you did a great job! Timing sounds great as does the triplet strum 🙂
propsfpv – Sounds good so far! I do think Loke is easier, so you may want to work on that one as well.
laurasil – Bravo! You did so well on everything, especially that solo! I’m impressed 🙂
The only thing I can suggest is to play along with Evan in the tab player. That’s always a great way to practice!
AndrewKeymasterThese videos are awesome! Thank you for sharing and for the kind words, Rick!
April 11, 2020 at 12:07 pm in reply to: Participate in the April 2020 Member Challenge – WIN Kanile’a Tenor Ukulele! #36802
AndrewKeymasterApril 10, 2020 at 5:48 pm in reply to: Participate in the April 2020 Member Challenge – WIN Kanile’a Tenor Ukulele! #36791
AndrewKeymaster@rebeca – Well done! I really dig the rubato you used at the mid mark of the tune (before 30 sec). If I remember right, Chris did that too. It adds a cool stylistic touch!
The only thing I heard that stood out was what I’m guessing is a little stumble for the last walk-up (48 seconds). I’d keep that section steady to match the feel of the rest of the piece. But overall, great job!
@ukelars – Here is my feedback for you 🙂April 9, 2020 at 2:50 pm in reply to: April 16, 2020 – Live Lesson Topic: Learn to Use Rubato #36771
AndrewKeymaster*** HEADS UP *** We’re switching the day for this month’s live stream.
Thursday, April 16th at 7:30pm EST (check your local time zone)
April 9, 2020 at 12:58 pm in reply to: Participate in the April 2020 Member Challenge – WIN Kanile’a Tenor Ukulele! #36762
AndrewKeymasterunclemymy – Great job! I thought you did really well, the one thing I will suggest is to target your practicing on sections that you stumble on.
So for example, bar 17 and 18 are toughies with the big stretch requirement. So you want to practice 16 going into 17, 17 to 18, and 18 to 19, before putting it all together: 16-19. In essence, you’re focusing on one phrase.
Ohh, and don’t forget to tune before you record 🙂
taylor22jane – I loved it! I just shared it on our social media. You guys rock!
AndrewKeymasterLOL – I had the same realization when I first heard EVH play guitar. Literally, mind blown!
Thank you so much for the support, Taylor. And wow! I just watched your fam jam. Totally gonna share it on our social media 🙂
-
AuthorPosts