Ask Taimane ANY Ukulele Question for Chance to WIN Her Uke!

Home Page Forums Uke Talk Ask Taimane ANY Ukulele Question for Chance to WIN Her Uke!

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 197 total)
  • Author
    camerona
    Participant

Have you received much classical music training? If so, how has it influenced how you compose music.

Thanks!

cindy_le
    Participant

What size ukulele do you enjoy playing most and why?

Thanks,
    Cindy

• This reply was modified 6 years, 5 months ago by cindy_le.
    shibauke
    Participant

Taimane, if you could pick absolutely anywhere to perform your ukulele, real or fictional, where would it be and why?

nivlem
    Participant

Who invented the ukulele and why is it so popular in Hawaii?

riccardo
    Participant

Hi I started playing ukulele watching videos on youtube and searching tabs. Now I want to study something more methodical do you have any suggestion for books?

ukulele_erik
    Participant

Hi Taimane

There is an ethereal quality to your composition and playing of, “Moon.” Additionally, your voice floats effortlessly over the melody. Did your vocal interpretation guide your playing, did you playing guide your singing, or was it more of a combination of both?

Thanks!

aisylu_g
    Participant

Hey, Taimane!
    What was the first song you played on ukulele? What was especially difficult for you?
    Thanks 🙂

casper123
    Participant

Aloha Taimane, I am having Ukulele lesson and learning to play Spanish style Ukulele, I have a concert Ukulele but would like to know which type of Ukulele has a better sound for Spanish style. Many thanks and thank you for your inspiration X

uukulele7
    Participant

Hi Taimane, just loving this instrument. How do you combine and manage simplicity with inspiration.
    King regards,
    Colin

ranferd
    Participant

Taimane:
    I was introduced to your music by my daughter Mandy. She had lived in Hawaii for 6 years and met up with you a number of times both at her belly dance performances and also your concerts. While visiting her in the islands I picked up my first uku. Five or six ukes later I’m still at it. It’s a hobby for me as I’m not musically inclined. My question is (stage fright) how can I get more comfortable playing in front of my friends. Love your music style. You alway look like your having so mush fun on stage. Thanks Randy

Andrew
    Keymaster

Big thanks to everyone who asked Taimane a question! We’ll be releasing the Q&A video and revealing the signed ukulele + CD winner this Friday, November 17th. Stay tuned!

Andrew
    Keymaster

Wow! You guys really delivered! We received 144 questions for Taimane; 5 of which were selected by random and answered by her! Sit back and get comfy as we dive into the mind of an ukulele virtuoso.

Be sure to leave a comment below for Taimane for the chance to WIN this signed Kala KA-15s Ukulele + “We Are Made of Stars” CD!

null

aqiel19
    Participant

I love how Taimane plays the ukulele the way she strums the strings, the way the dances as she plays the ukulele,and most of all she is a nice person. Thank you Taimane

joezsuez
    Participant

I love this forum. It helps me improve so much. I can watch and listen for hours . Thank you N Susan Zehrung

yoavlan

I love the way Taimane plays in such a free manner. I think the whole flamenco playing style goes really well with all the dancing she does on stage.

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 197 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.