Ask Taimane ANY Ukulele Question for Chance to WIN Her Uke!

Home Page Forums Uke Talk Ask Taimane ANY Ukulele Question for Chance to WIN Her Uke!

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 197 total)
  • Author
    jaxelsson
    Participant

In your opinion, what ukulele wood type produces the most authentic Hawaiian sound?
    (Picture attached is of my daughter playing her spalted maple uke in Iceland last summer.)

marcyedgar
    Participant

Aloha sis what do you prefer traditional string or more strings when playing?

slavkaem
    Participant

Hey Taimane!

Do you believe in music magic???
    Meaning do you believe music can do magic?

Greetins from Slovakia

bobtoabe
    Participant

What is the single most important thing for you in your music & performance?

libbytripp
    Participant

Are you the first artist to turn a ukulele into a flamenco instrument?

bigislegoatman
    Participant

Aloha Taimane, your style and flair hypnotize me. Do you like to use any alternate tuninings on your uke?

kamani7
    Participant

Aloha Taimane,

What kind of wood do you like best for the soundboard of a ukuleleđź’Ą? What wood will produce the best sound?

Thanks, Chuck

glen1968
    Participant

Hi Taimane, I couldn’t help noticing what appeared to be a double 5th string on one of your ukes. Can you explain this? Many thanks, Glen1968 England

epease3

When you were first learning to play, what was your favorite song to practice? Do you still like to play the beginner songs from your rookie days?

migrantmatt
    Participant

When you are soloing, do you play modal patterns? I get lost switching between modes and don’t know if I should be focusing on modes or pentatonics, which do you prefer?

scottlewis101
    Participant

Did the ukulele originate in Hawaii or did it come to the islands from somewhere else?

pureacidhell
    Participant

Hello Taimane, what is your favorite rendition (or cover) song by a ukele artist? I love your performances.. keep it up! Kindly regards, Claude, Montreal, Canada

ukulelegeek
    Participant

Hi Taimane,
    Would you consider performing and doing workshops at the Tampa Bay Getaway?

kkdiaz
    Participant

How/when did you decide the ukulele was your instrument, above all others?

pabstthealien1
    Participant

Ukulele means “jumping flea” in Hawaiian. However, the last queen of the Kingdom of Hawaii, Liliuokalani, translated ukulele as what?

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 197 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.