Participate in the April 2019 Member Challenge – WIN a Kanile’a Tenor Uke!

Home Page Forums Monthly Member Challenges Participate in the April 2019 Member Challenge – WIN a Kanile’a Tenor Uke!

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 305 total)
  • Author
    becky7777
    Participant

That was awesome deadbuggy. Please tell me you didn’t learn that in a few hours though! 😂 I feel inadequate enough as it is memorizing stuff LOL! It was beautiful weather in IL too today. The frogs are out full force right now. The Harleys all came out of winter hibernation at 9am like everyone set their clocks to it. I’d say it was the real first day of Spring lol.

I found out it’s Earth Day too btw. Happy Earth Day everyone!

We can all honor our instruments and take a moment to thank the trees that have a new life and voice in our hands.

lyndallk
    Participant

@deadbuggy. I really liked your version of a thousand years Sarah! You get such a lot done in a short time! The dynamics are great. I didn’t know that tune but you’ve inspired me.

Andrew
    Keymaster

gstriph – Great performance! Here’s my tip for you 🙂

deadbuggy – Sara! That was super cool, love the vintage feel. I I think it’s awesome that you guys put your own spin on these tunes! 🙂

Here are my thoughts on your take of ATY.

deadbuggy
    Participant

Thanks Andrew! Excellent advice on slowing down and staying slow. I’ll definitely work on that!

gstriph
    Participant

Andrew – thanks! BTW, I like the video feedback.

Jerry

robinboyd
    Participant

Here is dream a little dream.

I wanted to get this up quickly for a few reasons. Firstly, I really want to spend some time working on When I’m 64 for Anne. Secondly, I played around with the timing in this, and I wanted to get a recording done before Matt’s live lesson tomorrow.

Here’s what I did:

1. I played on the 2 beat in measures 1, 11, and 13, but on the 1 beat in measures 3, 5, 12, and 15.
    2. I unswung (is that a word?) Measure 4, but left the rest of the piece swung.
    3. I changed the timing in measure 11.

I really appreciate that Matt’s arrangements provide some room for creativity. Brenna and Deadbuggy have already demonstrated that with this piece.

• This reply was modified 5 years ago by robinboyd. Reason: Issues with video upload
    stianukulele

Great challenge with a great price!

Can I post an other version of In My Life or do I have to use your arrangements?

Version I am talking about is Shimabukuro’s

Best Regards
    Stian

deadbuggy
    Participant

Andrew — a short snippet of Thousand Years at a slower pace/mood. I see what you mean!

becky7777
    Participant

Stianukulele – I could be wrong here, but it’s the rockclass arrangements, otherwise it could get out of hand really REALLY easy in SO many ways.

(I’m NOT speaking for Andrew though! -I wouldn’t dare do that! It’s just my assumption, just basically saying “I doubt it”, but with 100x too many words, like usual.)

Andrew
    Keymaster

Hi Stian, Becky is correct. It must be one of the 4 RC101 arrangements listed in post 1 on this topic.

Andrew
    Keymaster

@deadbuggy – Much better! Perfect feel 🙂

robinboyd – Here are my thoughts for you when re-arranging the tune.

robinboyd
    Participant

Thanks Andrew. I needed that. I was getting a little bit too excited.

Also, it has been brought to my attention that I forgot to write I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER in my post.

becky7777
    Participant

Oh crud. My favorite version of Dream isn’t really completely standard and was basing the melody loosely off her singing. (Figured I’d listen to a version I liked to know how it goes)

Going to need to check it against a normal one more carefully now. There seems to be a few different interpretations of the melody though? Just little things like Robin’s where they rest, I think, but crud.

robinboyd
    Participant

For me, it was still a valuable exercise. I had to really focus on what I was doing with the timing and at the end of the day, I learned about what worked and what didn’t.

• This reply was modified 5 years ago by robinboyd.
    becky7777
    Participant

Laurakarr12-

BEAUTIFUL Kanile’a!!!!
    I’ve been scattered but if I didn’t type this already, congrats on your first fingerpicking piece!

I loved the “It begins”. 😉

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 305 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.