Participate in the April 2019 Member Challenge – WIN a Kanile’a Tenor Uke!

Home Page Forums Monthly Member Challenges Participate in the April 2019 Member Challenge – WIN a Kanile’a Tenor Uke!

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 305 total)
  • Author
    lisadmh
    Participant

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER

Here’s what I’ve got. I messed around with it a little, inspired by others here. It’s all plucked instead of strummed because I like the sound and need to workon cleaner plucking. A bit of back beat, a bit of repetition. Recording never gets a great take….

Looking forward to feedback.

planetfink
    Participant

@lisadmh Very nice, loved the plucking and the backbeat. Has a great swing feel to it.

cncamacho
    Participant

Here’s my take on Dream a Little Dream–anyone else find they clam up a bit and make more mistakes when recording themselves vs. just practicing? 🙂

I am a premium member

tessa84

tessa84

Been a while since i did this, it will be good to pick up my ukulele again.

Andrew
    Keymaster

Awesome to see you back, Tessie!

kanae926
    Participant

So here’s my challenge entry…a year into playing the ukulele.

Even though this song only took an hour to learn and memorize, I was plagued with a lot of buzzing and muting in all the bar chords. I tried to minimize the string noise I normally get (sticky fingers) based on Andrew’s feedback for someone else, but I couldn’t get rid of it all.

A week of practice and it’s still not as clean as I’d like (not nearly), but here it is…There’s even a part where I couldn’t hold in my own incredulity and you might hear me laughing (whoops). As many times as I’ve recorded this, I hate all the takes. 😒

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER.

becky7777
    Participant

Kanae- You stole MY ending G something chord! I think.. –Oh wait, it’s not an Ed Sheeran song so it’s ok! 😉 (The lawsuit.. Bad joke… Anyway!)

Great entries everyone!

tessa84

Are we supposed to state if we are a premium member or not? I pay on a monthly basis but I’m not sure if that is premium or if the single payment yearly is the premium membership. Please let me know which membership I have and if I can upgrade if I’m not already a premium member.

marni11
    Participant

Tessa,
    If you are getting a monthly membership, or a yearly membership, and you are paying, then yes you have a Premium membership.

The only way you don’t have a premium membership, is if your not paying, and that is “basic membership”. 🙂

kanae926
    Participant

@tessa84 – Writing “I am a premium member” is if you want double entries in the April/May/June challenges for the chance to win the Kanile’a. It normally isn’t required to state.

Andrew
    Keymaster

Correct. And as long as you have an active premium membership, as in it hasn’t expired, you are good to go!

coffeemug
    Participant

I am a premium member.

Here goes:

lillybel
    Participant

Hi,
    I’m practicing the barre chord technique every day with Dream a little dream of me. It’s hard because I have small hands, but I don’t give up. I hope I will be ready for the membership challenge! There is a wonderful ukelele to win!!! 😄

Andrew
    Keymaster

planetfink – Way to go! Here is one tip for you 🙂

carmeloukes – Hey Carmelo, awesome to see you participating! Keep working at it, but tackle it in chunks. I’ll leave you detailed feedback when you post your final version 🙂

lisadmh – Here is my feedback for you 🙂

cncamacho – Well done! So you have a really strong base established, but it feels like it’s dragging a bit. So to fix this, I want you to focus on mastering 2 bar phrases at a time. So take the first 2 bars, get the timing down, then take the next 2 bars, get the timing down. Then practice bars 1 through 4.

Use the same approach throughout the entire piece, and it will help you in keeping a steadier tempo.

tessa84 – Awesome to see you back! And I dig the tone of the banjo 🙂 Check out the advice I left for Lisa above. I’d like you to try a little bit more of a relaxed feel as you play through the piece. Let me know what you think about that.

kanae926 – Excellent job! Here’s my feedback on when you improved the breaks and filled it in with a strum pattern.

coffeemug – Here is my tip for you.

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 305 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.