Participate in the December 2020 Member Challenge – LAST CHANCE TO WIN Kanile’a

Home Page Forums Monthly Member Challenges Participate in the December 2020 Member Challenge – LAST CHANCE TO WIN Kanile’a

Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 219 total)
  • Author
    goody2shoes
    Participant

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER!

Happy Holidays to everyone!
    Here’s my submission for December’s challenge – Deck the Halls.
    Stay safe and keep on uke-n’

all the best,

kirpuff
    Participant

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER

I loved this arrangement of The Christmas song! I wish I had time to get a cleaner take, but I think this is gonna have to be it! Thanks Evan and Andrew!

Also, I guess I owe an explanation…

My aunt gifted my 3 year old with Hammer Cat (featured artist) a few weeks ago. Our lives have been full of joy since and what is Christmas without sharing, I ask you? (I’m so very sorry)

Happy Holidays, all!

(Andrew, I made a $50 donation to the UKC)

schaap123
    Participant

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER

I would say hats off once again to Evan and Andrew for the amazing lesson on The Christmas Song, but in this case I think it’s more apt to say: let’s all put our Christmas hats on!!! Merry Christmas and happy holidays to all, it’s been a wonderful year at RC101.

PS: I will donate $25 to UKC next week, what a great cause!

aloooy
    Participant

Final song for the year. Learned a lot from rc 101. Looking forward to more beautiful songs for 2021.

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER

janaq1
    Participant

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER

Hallo everyone!
    Here’s my December attempt at Deck the Halls. Thanks Rock Class 101 for this challenge!

Marry Christmass!

coffeemug
    Participant

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER.

I struggled mightily getting a half decent take for this challenge. Wish the recording reflected my enjoyment learning Steven’s arrangement. I really enjoy his teaching style.

Have a safe holiday, uke friends! 2021 is right around the corner!

luizaveit
    Participant

Hi, I really enjoyed this tune. It‘s the first time I played a low G Ukulele.
    Thank you guys for making really cool Uke lessons have a merry christmas and a happy new year. Keep on rocking.

jkulele

Hi guys,

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER.

Here is my performance of Deck the Halls. By no means perfect but out of time at this stage. Good luck to everyone who has entered and Happy Christmas. Looking forward to what 2021 has to offer on RC101.

b_ukes_101

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER

Mele Kalikimaka everybody!!! I had a great time learning Carol of the Bells. It’s not 100% and I had quite a bit of trouble with sustain because of all the hammer-ons…any tips on how to overcome that?

celia21
    Participant

Hi,
    here is my recording of Deck the Halls. The hammer-ons do not always sound good but I really enjoyed playing it.

cimarronsailor
    Participant

I am a premium member.

Here’s my attempt at The Christmas Song. Please forgive the struggle, but the arrangement really appealed to me. Hopefully with some feedback and practice, I’ll be up to speed for next year.

Andrew
    Keymaster

We’ve SMASHED through our participation goal of 72 members! So I went ahead and made our donation of $500 to The UKC today 🙂

This means we’ve also SMASHED our fundraising goal and have now raised $1,809 for the charity! AMAZING!

Let’s set a new goal and go for $2,000!

P.S. The Kanile’a winner will be announced tomorrow at 12PM EST at the link below:

Friendly Reminder – The deadline for receiving feedback and an entry into the giveaway is tonight at 11:59 PM EST (check your local time zone).

robinboyd
    Participant

@Kirpuff – I love hammer cat!

cinichol
    Participant

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER

So tense when I’m being recorded, I feel like I’m going to crack down the middle and shatter into a million teensy remnants of a human.

I really am going to get some decent recording equipment. And workable fingers.

I know; I got some middle measures there utterly discombooberated.

I swear on my life I can play this thing without the weird mistakes and timing when I’m not being recorded. (And yeah, I sound like the guy who says, “I caught a fish THIS BIG.”)

Love the arrangement. Thank you Andrew and Steven! Merry Christmas ukeheads!

OH WAIT. I donated!

zukulele

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER
    Unfortunately I missed out on entering last month, but remembered just in time for this month. Next year, I hope to have time to submit the harder arrangements. Merry Christmas!

Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 219 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.