Participate in the December 2020 Member Challenge – LAST CHANCE TO WIN Kanile’a

Home Page Forums Monthly Member Challenges Participate in the December 2020 Member Challenge – LAST CHANCE TO WIN Kanile’a

Viewing 15 posts - 181 through 195 (of 219 total)
  • Author
    santai
    Participant

Finally – my submission for the last challenge of the year.
    It’s probably the worst I ever submitted and I’m sorry for wasting your time listening to this. ^^;
    I had hardly any time to practice this and recording conditions were horrible. But, well, at least I got the job done…

Happy, happy holidays to all of you around the world! Good health to every single one! See you next year for more challenges. 🙂

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER

henri0
    Participant

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER

Been loving learning this. Want to move on to Carol of the Bells soon. So much good choice this month.

Know the C section especially needs work. My problem is my decent uke is a soprano and a few of those 13th fret notes sound pretty damp on it…my concert has a pretty high action… nonetheless, it’s mainly a practice issue…if I play any later tonight (gone midnight here) I’m probably being anti social 😅

Merry Xmas all.

betsym

I am a premium member.
    I donated $20 to the uke charity.

Andrew
    Keymaster

@cinichol – your initial post is on page 12 🙂 Please don’t edit it – as I’ve embedded your video. It’s easier for us when leaving feedback to remain on one page than to click links to YouTube’s site.

And TY So much for your donation! Please email me with the amount donated so I can add it to the tally 🙂

emiliano
    Participant

Hello! I hope the best in this 2021 for all Rock Class peeps, next month it will be one year since I joined this super cool site and specially this 2020 have give so much fun since no many places to go out, but on the happy side I can stay at home with my uke.

And like we say here in my country Feliz Navidad to everyone.

I am a premium member.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 4 months ago by emiliano.
    lynnwatson
    Participant

I am a premium member.

iyers408

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER.

Here is my attempt at Carol of the Bells. I also want to take this opportunity to thank you and your team for a great year of music. I feel I have made a lot of progress while having fun.

Happy Holidays
    Shankar

lakeside339
    Participant

I am a premium member (hard to believe sometimes!)
    I knew this would be hard piece when I first saw it. Sure enough, my fingers seemed to have a mind if their own. Like many of us, I can play this a little bit better when not recording 🙂
    I went slower and slowweerr…

But it was fun trying to learn this as it is one of my favorites. Nice arrangement and lesson Steve – the harmonics are a nice touch in this piece.

Anyway, I now have a goal for next Christmas – to be able to play this piece smoothly and up to speed next year.

Thanks Andrew for these ongoing challenges and it does challenge us to learn new things. I donated to UKC this year.

mac1984
    Participant

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER:

Also, here is the drawing I won in the competition a couple months ago. I decided to have it done of my son Blake because he was the reason I started playing ukulele. I only played percussion before he was born but I wanted to be able to do something musical with a baby. Ironically, he is now the reason that I don’t get to practice as much as I would like. You can hear him singing in the background of this video.

givingtree89

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER

Hey there Andrew and team!

Here is my December submission. This is my worst one yet, but it’s all I could manage to do with how hectic things have been. Hoping you all have a wonderful holiday!

Andrew
    Keymaster

@lakeside339 – TY so much for your donation. Please email me with the amount donated so I can add it to the tally 🙂

r1ggler

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER

“Carol of the Bells”

• This reply was modified 3 years, 4 months ago by r1ggler.
    • This reply was modified 3 years, 4 months ago by r1ggler.
    maryjanew
    Participant

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER

As always, I am a last minute video loader!
    My version of Carol of the Bells still needs lots of work.
    I am a slow learner!
    I love this song though, and I really enjoyed Steven’s lesson and arrangement
    Of the song. I will keep working on it.
    Thanks,
    Mary Jane

cloud_cactus
    Participant

Well here is my last minute Deck the Halls! A few mistakes here and there but I didn’t have time to video tape another take hahaha. Merry Christmas to everyone!
    -Brinley

maryjanew
    Participant

@andrew
    I also donated $51.43 to Ukulele Kids Club!
    I know, odd amount! Apparently, last year I signed up to give every year automatically and it must be the exact amount for one ukulele!
    It is an Awesome organization! Love what they do!
    Thanks again Andrew!
    Mary Jane

Viewing 15 posts - 181 through 195 (of 219 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.