Participate in the December 2020 Member Challenge – LAST CHANCE TO WIN Kanile’a

Home Page Forums Monthly Member Challenges Participate in the December 2020 Member Challenge – LAST CHANCE TO WIN Kanile’a

Viewing 15 posts - 196 through 210 (of 219 total)
  • Author
    Andrew
    Keymaster

THANKS TO EVERYONE WHO PARTICIPATED THIS MONTH! WE HAD 102 ENTRIES! YOU GUYS ROCK! The challenge will run until Dec 31, but no more entries will count towards the giveaway prize.

I’ll be announcing the winner of the Kanile’a Ukulele tomorrow LIVE at 12 pm EST (Check Your Local Time Zone) on our YouTube channel at this link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wfFFaARhn00

P.S. There may be a bonus trivia entry awarded tomorrow, so def don’t miss the live stream 😉

Here is a list of everyone who participated. Please let me know if there are any discrepancies.

—-

lisadmh
    lisadmh
    debb1985
    debb1985
    deadbuggy
    deadbuggy
    nthibode
    nthibode
    mark1256
    mark1256
    hiloukes
    marianne
    marianne
    patparr
    patparr
    rebeca
    johanna2509
    johanna2509
    shmu88
    shmu88
    sebaraedo
    cncamacho
    cncamacho
    qiuyan
    qiuyan
    pippin105
    pippin105
    ukandrea
    ukandrea
    gstriph
    gstriph
    cauer2
    cauer2
    antotonin
    antotonin
    lyndallk
    lyndallk
    mweir1
    mweir1
    misterbones
    misterbones
    sir_anzalot
    sir_anzalot
    ccwuke
    ccwuke
    mozcyc
    ukulelee
    ukulelee
    robinboyd
    robinboyd
    amylilley
    amylilley
    katazumiri
    gmflin8
    gmflin8
    addilein
    addilein
    annemarie
    annemarie
    yukalele
    yukalele
    ebetsimo
    lissid
    lissid
    rockmyuke
    rockmyuke
    kanae926
    kanae926
    unclemymy
    unclemymy
    rufio0
    rufio0
    simonalexander
    simonalexander
    brettboy
    brettboy
    willymac
    willymac
    jedart
    beauke
    beauke
    dividedsky
    dividedsky
    joe150
    joe150
    ukesilver
    ukesilver
    whollyprofit
    whollyprofit
    somasoma321
    lisamcc
    lisamcc
    andrewvh
    andrewvh
    jayton
    jayton
    dal08260
    dal08260
    ukandoit
    ukandoit
    alana_
    alana_
    rickeymike
    rickeymike
    tric_o_tronic
    tric_o_tronic
    turkgoose
    turkgoose
    tsetsova
    tsetsova
    sdorunga
    laurakarr12
    laurakarr12
    bemarlie
    bemarlie
    stianukulele
    stianukulele
    oldan_
    oldan_
    firemanwife2012
    kittycatlin
    kittycatlin
    karenj
    karenj
    joannetala
    joannetala
    andyrose
    andyrose
    robinl
    uku_on
    uku_on
    riley_ukulele
    riley_ukulele
    mademoiselleannette
    melanieh
    pika80019
    pika80019
    concan
    concan
    angeline
    goody2shoes
    goody2shoes
    kirpuff
    kirpuff
    schaap123
    schaap123
    aloooy
    aloooy
    janaq1
    janaq1
    coffeemug
    coffeemug
    luizaveit
    jkulele
    jkulele
    b_ukes_101
    b_ukes_101
    celia21
    cimarronsailor
    cimarronsailor
    cinichol
    cinichol
    zukulele
    zukulele
    santai
    santai
    henri0
    henri0
    betsym
    betsym
    emiliano
    emiliano
    lynnwatson
    lynnwatson
    iyers408
    iyers408
    lakeside339
    lakeside339
    mac1984
    mac1984
    givingtree89
    givingtree89
    r1ggler
    r1ggler
    maryjanew
    maryjanew
    cloud_cactus

themccoys
    Participant

PREMIUM MEMBER.

Little duo from the McCoy’s and our pup Cleo.

We’re beginners of less than 6 months. We really enjoy these challenges. This one was definitely a stretch!

jayjay
    Participant

Deck the Halls with

rickeymike
    Participant

Mac – Thanks for sharing Blake’s drawing. Wonderful!

McCoys – very beautiful…and I love Cleo!

henri0
    Participant

Just donated $21 to UK side of the Ukulele Kids Club

Andrew
    Keymaster

Here’s the live stream announcing the winner if anyone missed it. Congrats, @junkourata!

lisadmh
    Participant

Congrats @junkourata! Enjoy! I hope you’ll play us something on it. 🙂

Thanks for the chance, @Andrew. That was fun!

jlbross
    Participant

So bummer. Practiced carol of the bells and while I knew it needed to be Submitted Before end of month, I didn’t realize it was the 23rd. Oh well. I really enjoyed learning it. Also I know you are keeping a tally. I donated $15 to the uke kids club.
    Merry Christmas to you and your Team Andrew. Thanks for all you do.

lhamilton
    Participant

Hi,

Here is my The Christmas Song — a bit hesitant in places but I wanted to post it before Christmas was over. I mixed and matched a bit with the versions. (I don’t mind it being a bit late — the main thing is that I had impetus to work on it enough to actually record it 🙂 )

Linda

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER

• This reply was modified 3 years, 2 months ago by lhamilton.
    Andrew
    Keymaster

WE DID IT! WE RAISED $2,051 for The Ukulele Kids Club. The money we raised will donate 40 ukuleles to hospital based children who will be paired up with music therapists that TEACH THEM how to play!

Thanks to everyone who participated and donated in our December Challenge.

Together, WE GAVE the gift of music to children in need.

null

cinichol
    Participant

Pure awesomness!

isabelm
    Participant

Congrats @junkourata!! That’s amazing to hear how much money was raised for the UKC too!

Thanks Andrew for the wonderful tutorial for the Christmas Song! This was definitely a challenging piece to learn. Hope you all had a merry Christmas and happy holidays!

wongbrown

Oh, I have overlooked the deadline too. Congrats to the winner!
    I still want to submit my entry hopefully to get some feedback 🙏 I always have a problem which is the echo noises of the strings which I don’t know how to eliminate.

Happy New Year to Andrew and the team and all our fellow Rockclass members. It has been such an enjoyable and rewarding year for me in playing ukulele in this website. Thanks for all the hard work guys. You have done a marvellous job 👍👍

AJ

Here is everyone on page 10!

alana_ – Great Job! Very even and smooth through out the entire piece. Awesome performance keep it up!!

rickeymike -Sounds great!! Main thing I noticed was the rhythm of the melody. The first and third notes are being held out a little longer than they should, causing the rest of the piece to feel a bit slower. Once you get the rhythm adjusted I think you’ll have it sounded very good!!

tric_o_tronic – Awesome job!! I would experiment with alternating the picking between your first and middle finger for the higher strings. You’ll be able to play it more accurately and get it up to tempo. Give it a shot and see!!

turkgoose – Great job! The percussive slap sounds great and not too loud and overpowering. Awesome performance, keep it up!!

tsetsova – Very good!! Super clean performance! One thing that might be cool to try is softening the dynamics on the arpeggiated notes so that way the melody stands out a little more. That’s one thing I like to do, so give it a shot and see how you like it. Great job overall!!

sdorunga – Sounds great! I would just work on that B section a little bit and get it to where it feels comfortable. There was a slight hesitation as it came in. Try to get it where it flows smoothly with the main melody and you should be good from there!

laurakarr12 – Awesome performance! The tempo you played at was very nice. There just a few minor things where some notes were not as loud as others along with some fret buzz, but just keep practicing and that stuff should fix itself really. Otherwise great job!!

bemarlie – Sounds great! I would just continue to work on the transitions between each chord. It’s almost there!! So keep up the good work!

stianukulele – Great performance! Technique, feel, and timing were all sounding very good, So not much else to say. Keep rockin’!

oldan_ – Awesome Job! Everything sounded solid. Keep up the good work!!

AJ

Here is everyone on Page 11!

firemanwife2012 – Great job! I would smoothen up the transitions a little but and soften up the dynamics just a bit. You got the song down though! So just work on those couple things and then the song will sound smooth and nice. Keep up the good work!

kittycatlin – Killer performance! Only think I would try is alternating the first and middle finger for the melody when there are several notes in succession. That will smoothen the flow and make it sound a lot cleaner. Also less movement for your index finger. Great job and super cute kitty!!

karenj – Sounds great! One thing I would work on is making sure each note is held out for the appropriate length of time. There were some notes that were cut short, so be aware of that and you should be good from there!

joannaetala – Great job!! I really enjoyed your performance. Only thing I would work on would be the transitions between melody and chords. There are parts that sounded a little choppy, so just focus on making all the notes ring out as you play!

andyrose – Sounds great!! The main thing betides the hammer ons and pull offs are the dynamics. The way I like to do it is to have the arpeggiated parts slightly quieter than the melody which allows the melody to stand out a bit. Ant hen from there you can experiment with changing they dynamic levels from section to section. Otherwise you sound great!

robinl – Great job!! Very smooth and even performance. Not much else to say but keep up the great work!!

uku_on – Great job! I would mainly just get some of those chord transitions down a little bit more!! Lots of cool chords in this piece, and it uses the whole fret board essentially, so just focus in with those transitions since you know the chords already! Great playing so keep it up!!

mademoiselleannette – Fantastic job! Very nice performance overall. I enjoyed listening! Keep up the great work!!

malenieh – Great performance! Not really much to say here. Keep rockin’!!

pika80019 – Sounds great!! Very nice dynamics and technique. Keep up the great work!!

concan – Nice job!! Another nice and smooth performance!! Not much to say other than keep up the good work!

angeline – Fantastic Job!! Those hammer ons and pull offs were spot on! Really great performance. Keep up the great job!!

Viewing 15 posts - 196 through 210 (of 219 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.