Participate in the December 2020 Member Challenge – LAST CHANCE TO WIN Kanile’a

Home Page Forums Monthly Member Challenges Participate in the December 2020 Member Challenge – LAST CHANCE TO WIN Kanile’a

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 219 total)
  • Author
    pippin105

Thank you for your feedback Andrew, yes I am really trying to work on my hand stretch at the moment, small hands and short fingers !
    Really wanted to do Hannukah but struggled with the stretch for Dm (1), but working on it.

Wishing all a Rock Class 101 a Merry, safe and happy Xmas.

antotonin
    Participant

I AM PREMIUM MEMBER !

Hello, I tried my best recording The Christmas Song but it’s too long to be played perfectly all along… Here’s my best attempt so far with a little nervosity at the end.

lyndallk
    Participant

I am a premium member

I tried to be festive, but the candles only last so long..

PS I made a donation to the uke kids club

• This reply was modified 3 years, 4 months ago by lyndallk.
    mweir1
    Participant

Here is my recording of The Christmas Song. How could I resist learning to play my favourite Christmas song of all time! Not quite got there with the chorus yet but the best I can do before being ukulele-less for a few weeks.

I am a premium member.

cauer2

No. I still have my low G. Ill just have to do some creative re stringing from here on out.

debb1985

Chris your HO/PO sounded so nice! Your video brought a smile to my face 🙂 that is so sweet you traded your uke for a guitar for your daughter. What a lucky girl!

cauer2

Thank you Debb. She loves it.

cauer2

Robinboyd,
    Put the ukeless pun together just now🤣🤣. I was up late last night; didn’t have all cobwebs cleared earlier. That was clever, thanks for the laugh.

misterbones
    Participant

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER

Here’s my entry for the December challenge. I chose the Christimas song, as I’m a big jazz fan (as I mentioned in the 2021 curriculum topic), and to me the Christmas song really is a jazz standard which just coincidentally happens to have Christmas themed lyrics.
    After listening back to my recording I noticed a number of timing issues, particularly with rushing the quarter notes. So I still need to keep working on that, but for now this will have to do, really need to practice something else for a while.

gstriph
    Participant

Andrew

Thanks for the video! I knew something was off but really didn’t know what.

Jerry

Andrew
    Keymaster

@cauer2 – Well played, Chris! I love the commentary of your kids, they are adorable 🙂 And that’s very sweet of you to do for your daughter.

@antotonin
    – Here is my feedback for you.

@lyndallk
    – Thank you so kindly for your donation Lyndall! Please email me with the amount as I’m keeping a tally of how much we raised 🙂 And great job on the song! Only thing I’d suggest is to memorize it.

@mweir1
    – Playing sounds great, Mairi! Great feel overall. Watch the video above, the second half covers a timing tip for that tune. It’s the same feedback I’d suggest for you to work on.

@misterbones
    – You play well, Michael – but, yes the timing needs a bit of focused practice. But if you read the comment I left for Mairi (above you) which references the feedback I left for Antonin. Watch the second half of the video for him – it’s got a tip on working on timing with this tune. That seems to be a difficult area for this song – so just know that it’s not hard for you only.

lyndallk
    Participant

Thanks, Andrew. I know memorise! I usually do, but for some reason I couldn’t get it together for this simple tune!!

robinboyd
    Participant

@cauer – I’m glad you still have a uke. That would have been sad if that was your only one.

gstriph
    Participant

Andrew –

I’m curious if I followed your video. I can play along with it. This short video has your excerise on the E string (gets better… sorry, recording jitters). I played a little loop of the song. It always seems a little choppy as the e string gets muted with each double stop.

Jerry

Andrew
    Keymaster

@gstriph – That sounds smoother 🙂 From here on, try looping 2 bars at a time in the tab player, slowed down to whatever is comfortable for you, and work on matching Steven’s playing 100%.

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 219 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.