Participate in the July 2022 Member Challenge: WIN Electric Ukulele!

Home Page Forums Monthly Member Challenges Participate in the July 2022 Member Challenge: WIN Electric Ukulele!

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 204 total)
  • Author
    seoulkim

Hi everyone

I am a premium member.
    My challenge this month is “Stairway to Heaven”.
    It is beautiful song with great arrangement to ukulele.
    I love it!

samash07
    Participant

Hi,

Below is my entry, I hope the changes I made don’t invalidate the entry πŸ˜…

ukealori
    Participant

I am a Premium Member

I really need to work on my performance face… I look so serious, when in reality I love playing πŸ™‚

ukandreas_girl
    Participant

Hello, I am ukandrea’s daughter, 6 years old, and this is the very first song I am playing on the ukulele.
    I practiced a lot and I hope you like it.

P.S.: I think I made my mom VERY HAPPY

ldarrow
    Participant

Running out of time. Here is my attempt at stairway to heaven. This was really beyond me but given the electric prizes, I felt compelled to try. Many struggles and the alternating chording and muting with the left hand was new to me. One thing I have been trying to correct is mt tugging at the strings. It’s still there, but I think it is less than it has been, so hopefully making progress on that. The challenges are all about progressing and I think that had I not been participating in these that I definitely would have come this far in the last approximately year and a half. My warnings to you should you choose to watch this

nthibode

July was a busy month — I didn’t think I’d get around to participating. But I couldn’t resist acting like a Crazy lady and the chance to win that awesome electric uke! Thanks Andrew & Ashley.

Cheers!

Andrew
    Keymaster

Here’s everyone on page 9 I hadn’t gotten to.

@jbmills07
    – beautiful performance. Love the rubato, it gave it a lullaby-like quality.

@morrieuke1
    – I’d say you passed the audition! Loved it and that last chord put a smile on my face πŸ™‚

Great feel throughout and you nailed the licks. Bravo!

@mermaidofca
    – great performance! First thing I’d recommend is to double check the chords for the intro. A few of them were off.

This is a tough song to play with so many barre chords, the swung feel, and the fingerpicked sections. I thought you did excellent in all these areas! I would mainly focus your practicing on keeping it steady (timing wise). Try working on one verse or one chorus at a time sans vocals.

And I think the best way to work on this would be to play along with Ashley in the tab player.

@lbilkie
    – beautifully played!

Here’s everyone on page 10 so far.

@seoulkim
    – amazing job! It’s incredible to watch you tackle these tough tunes month after month. One thing I want you to work on is cleaning up your playing. Sometimes there’s a bit of string buzz. So you want to slow it down and focus on note clarity.

I also want you to memorize this piece. That way you can focus 100% on how you are playing it. Watch this lesson, it talks about why this concept is so important. Then I want you to watch this lesson. It’ll help you add a little bit more finesse to your playing.

@samash07
    – Excellent performance and I love the harmonics. I’m kind of jealous, wish I thought of that πŸ™‚

@ukealori
    – beautiful performance! And hey, we all have a uke face. Have you seen mine LOL. Or worse, google John Mayer or Stevie Ray Vaughan for a good laugh πŸ˜‚

@ukandreas_girl
    – Magnificent! It was the most beautiful ukulele performance I’ve ever heard. You’ve got a very bright future ahead of you πŸ™‚

@ldarrow
    – No warnings needed, it rocked! Great feel throughout. And I loved the ending! I didn’t notice any string pulling. Honestly at this point, I’d just keep practicing. The more time you put into it, the smoother it will get. Keep doing what you’re doing, because it’s working!

@nthibode
    – Another brilliant performance, Nathalie. Keep up the excellent work! πŸ™‚

lhamilton
    Participant

Hi,

This one doesn’t count since I’ve already posted, but it was such a cool arrangement that I really wanted to work on it and knew that, if I wasn’t facing sharing it, I likely wouldn’t work too hard on it.

Linda

johanna2509
    Participant

Hi all, here is my Aura Lee. Was a busy month and I am glad I took my Soprano with me on vacation to record this πŸ™‚

nthibode

Thanks @Andrew! Will do.

Andrew
    Keymaster

@lhamilton – That rocked! Well done, Linda!

@johanna2509
    – Beautiful performance πŸ™‚

Friendly Reminder – The deadline for receiving feedback and an entry into the giveaway is tonight at 11:59 PM EST (check your local time zone).

mermaidofca
    Participant

Thank you Andrew for the feedback, I appreciate it and bravo to you for watching all the videos. I’m on the road so don’t know if this will reach you.

mademoiselleannette
    Participant

Hi everybody.
    Here’s my July entry with Love Me Tender aka Aura Lee.

lhamilton
    Participant

Wow! Thanks, Andrew!

yukalele
    Participant

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER

Hi,

I went for the 50’s R&B this month. It’s a great little piece, wonderfully written and orchestrated by Andrew – thanks!

Having said that, I hope you can bear listening to my murdering of it.

PS -Notice I’m playing on my Flight!

David

• This reply was modified 1 year, 8 months ago by yukalele.
Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 204 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.