Participate in the July 2022 Member Challenge: WIN Electric Ukulele!

Home Page Forums Monthly Member Challenges Participate in the July 2022 Member Challenge: WIN Electric Ukulele!

Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 204 total)
  • Author
    kelsey91
    Participant

Hi everyone! Here is my entry for this month with Aura Lee. I’m a premium member.
    I learned this in about a week and I decided to memorize it this weekend. So There might be a few pauses in there. I played it for my sister later and it sounded a lot better but anyway.

Thank you for the lessons! I have started teaching a beginner ukulele lesson once a week in my town. They know some basic chords and we are working on that island strum, so it’s been fun. I haven’t shown them any finger style yet but I have thrown your guys name out there a couple times:)

concan
    Participant

Hey everyone,
    here is my entry for july „Aura Lee“. This peace was not very difficult, but the fingerstyle was challenging not to touch the wrong string.

patparr
    Participant

Hi.
    Stairway to heaven:

patparr
    Participant

If I win the Electric Ukulele, here is the first song I will play with it.
    A bit of hesitation near the end. I am nervous when I record myself.

Bonus:

• This reply was modified 1 year, 8 months ago by patparr.
    mark65536
    Participant

Hi everyone – I’m new to the site, love the competition and all the entries.

Here’s my attempt at Stairway

maryjanew
    Participant

I thought I’d post an update for “Aura Lee” since I’m back from my Maui vacation and camping trip. I was able to work on it a little while away. It is a little bit better than my first video. Aloha and Mahalo for the awesome lessons on RC101!

themccoys
    Participant

Aura Lee

themccoys
    Participant

For such a simple song.. this was more difficult than I thought. I tried your strumming tech but I’ll have to work on that.

cararozy
    Participant

Hi:

Been so busy this month. Here I am, at almost the 11th hour, posting my submission of Aura Lee. Amazes me how difficult it is to play such a simple song when one has adult learner brain & arthritic hands. But, I did it! Thanks for the opportunity.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 8 months ago by cararozy.
    • This reply was modified 1 year, 8 months ago by Andrew.
    omaon4

This is Omaon4 with Aura Lee

I am still gonna learn Crazy. I really love it. But Aura Lee got to do for now. ☺️

Andrew
    Keymaster

@cararozy – Can you upload your video to YouTube? Our upload feature only supports photos.

@omaon4
    – Your video is showing as private. Can you set it to public?

cararozy
    Participant

Feel like a kid who waited until the last minute to do a school project. Hope it works this time!

Aura Lee — by me.:)

sarahd
    Participant

I’m gutted I couldn’t get 50s Rock & Blues ready in time but will keep practising in the hope of one day having an electric ukulele! Congrats to all those who persevered – it was a tricky month!
    Here’s my last minute switch to Aura Lee. I found it really difficult to keep in time and not race to the finish line on this one (and I need more time to try the funky strum flick thing!), but hopefully I’m (just) in time for an entry…

nelsonlin2021
    Participant

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER.

I had to make a last minute switch to submit Aura Lee.

I was gunning for Danger Zone this month but I couldn’t quite get it together in time for this month. I found it ok to play along by myself with the tablature but as soon as I played with the band, it was like another level and I couldn’t keep up. More time and practice needed for sure.

As a side note, I’m wondering if it’s possible to have the Tab Play Along with only backing track sound (without ukulele performer) as an intermediate step so I get some visual help with the rhythm but without Evan playing. Do you think this will help me bridging across to completely rely on the backing track along?

sarahd
    Participant

I’m with @nelsonlin2021! I don’t know whether it’s my speakers or my ears, but I struggle to hear the U-Bass so I haven’t got a clue how I fit in with it when suddenly it’s just me and the backing track. I too could do with a bridge of some sort!

Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 204 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.