Participate in the July 2022 Member Challenge: WIN Electric Ukulele!

Home Page Forums Monthly Member Challenges Participate in the July 2022 Member Challenge: WIN Electric Ukulele!

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 204 total)
  • Author
    bev400

Hi everyone, i am a premium member and this is the first challenge i ever participated, since my ukulele journey is short. My first choice was Stairway to heaven but soon i rejected it because probably i would need both july and August to produce a decent result. Aura Lee is my choice in the middle of a heat wave in Greece……thanks…..

Ps I couldnt post directly the video from youtube that is why i posted a link instead…

• This reply was modified 1 year, 9 months ago by bev400.
    • This reply was modified 1 year, 9 months ago by bev400.
    • This reply was modified 1 year, 9 months ago by Andrew. Reason: Video Embedded
    dividedsky
    Participant

I am a premium member.

Here is my submission of Aura Lee. I hope to learn the other songs in the challenge someday. I’ve enjoyed watching everyone’s submissions!

Jane

ldarrow
    Participant

I chose a song that is really beyond my skills so I will be a last minute poster as it will take every bit of time to be presentable. However, I do want to comment on how wonderful everyone is doing. It has been really enjoyable to watch many people sing. There are a lot of nice voices in this group

sarahd
    Participant

Like many others, I love 50s Rock & Blues Andrew! I’ve been learning it all month but playing with a backing track is well beyond me at this stage. So, unlike @ldarrow above, I’m going to have to do the last minute switch-a-roo! Wish me luck…

antotonin
    Participant

Hello everyone !

Here’s my attempt on danger zone, the solo is still too hot for me at 100% but I think i’m close πŸ™‚

Style some glitch at the end…

I’M A PREMIUM MEMBER

turkgoose
    Participant

I am a premium member.

I did the 50s Rock & Blues and I love it so much, I wish I could play it better.
    I love any song that you guys do with a backing track. My goal is to do all the concept lessons with the backing tracks because they all sound so good! Thank you Andrew and the awesome team at rock class101!

rayne68
    Participant

@jedart I’m so glad you tried this one even though you said it kicked your butt! haha. One thing that could help you is to slow down the tempo just a bit. It will give you more time to find your next chord while also making the song sound smoother as a whole!

rayne68
    Participant

@terryfallon3 Aww thanks! I’m so glad you enjoyed working on this arrangement. And yeah, for guys, A isn’t the easiest key for this song. Thanks for trying it anyway. I loved how you added some harmonics at the end–great way to add your own touch πŸ™‚

rayne68
    Participant

@uku241 I have a feeling you’ll be trying to sing and play some more after this one! Great job on this arrangement. Keep working on putting these skills together and you’ll get more and more comfortable with it πŸ˜€

Andrew
    Keymaster

@shmu88 – LOL I’m rooting for you!

Everyone on page 8 that I haven’t gotten to.

@terryfallon3
    – Great job, Terry! It’s always tough to pick a key with singing because everyone has a different range. It’s extra tough with an arrangement like this one because it’s not the most conducive for using a capo to change the key since you’re playing throughout the span of the neck.

This is a tough song to play with so many barre chords, the swung feel, and the fingerpicked sections. I thought you did excellent in all these areas! I would mainly focus your practicing on keeping it steady (timing wise). Try working on one verse or one chorus at a time sans vocals.

Lastly, see if you can get the chromatic walk-up intro to have more of a triplet rhythm. Check out this lesson for help with that rhythm.

@uku241
    – Bravo! Excellent take, I really enjoyed watching your performance Brian! Keep up the great work πŸ™‚

@leb397
    – Brilliant take Louisa and excellent job getting the strum technique down πŸ™‚

@andracass
    – Good to see you again, MT! Performance was great! Only thing I heard that was off was the chord hit in bar 13. Switch back to an F for that measure.

@bibilele
    – Excellent take! πŸ™‚

Everyone on page 9 so far.

@bev400
    – beautiful playing, well done!

@dividedsky
    – excellent take!

@antotonin
    – Woah! That was awesome! Killer groove throughout and you rocked that solo. A little more practice on that fast pentatonic lick and it’ll be perfect. The only other area to clean up is the plucked double stop section. It’s tough with how fast the tempo of this tune is. Overall, I loved your performance and the shades were a nice touch!

@turkgoose
    – great groove and feel throughout! Try looping measure 12 with me in the tab player. That’ll help tighten up the timing/rhythm of that bar. Overall, you aced it! Keep up the great work and thank you for the kind words. I really appreciate it πŸ™‚

jbmills07
    Participant

I am a premium member πŸ™‚
    I started to learned a couple songs for this month, but found most to be a bit out of my league, so I went with Aura Lee for my submission, and I tried to add a little of my own take on it… ish… lol. Oh also, broke out the uke with the pick up for this months theme!

morrieuke1
    Participant

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER
    50’s Rock & Blues-although virtually, I am now able to brag that I am (sort of) actually in a band with Andrew lol!!

mermaidofca
    Participant

My July entry

lbilkie
    Participant

I have been working on Stairway to Heaven, but couldn’t get enough practice time in this month. Here’s my Aura Lee.

mermaidofca
    Participant

I’m a member. I probably should have tried an easier song, but this arrangement is amazing.

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 204 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.