Participate in the July 2022 Member Challenge: WIN Electric Ukulele!

Home Page Forums Monthly Member Challenges Participate in the July 2022 Member Challenge: WIN Electric Ukulele!

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 204 total)
  • Author
    lhamilton
    Participant

Wow — thanks Andrew (and the gi_gi_ and potato_lady)!

I’ll take a look at that lesson and continue on those barre chords.

Linda

robinboyd
    Participant

@potato_lady – Saying you’re a premium member gets you an extra entry for the 3-monthly Kanilea uke giveaways, but it’s not necessary for these smaller prizes. Some of us just write it out of habit, though.

pysanky
    Participant

I chose Stairway go Heaven for my entry. This marks a year since buying my first uke, I had no idea how much I would enjoy playing it!

lisadmh
    Participant

Thanks Andrew. 🙂

ldarrow, you can do it! I simplified a few tricky bits. That’s okay too, I figure.

ldarrow
    Participant

@lisadmh I have simplified in a couple of places too. I can tell you it will be nowhere near the performance by @pysanky. Bravo @pysanky

pysanky
    Participant

Thanks @ldarrow, I’m sure you will be great! I was actually going to give up as well because my pinky locks at the same place every time, but kept at it. It really is hard to get a good recording, I have super stage fright and just knowing I’m being recorded freaks me out lol! I’m going on vacation so glad I submitted early instead.

dianna
    Participant

Bravo Gigi!

Andrew
    Keymaster

@gi_gi_ – Wow! I loved everything about your performance! Just sent it to Ashley to watch. I’m sure she’ll love it too 🙂

@pysanky
    – Wow! You and Gi Gi are on fire tonight! Excellent performance! So much fun to watch!

rayne68
    Participant

Nice job, @gi_gi_ ! I especially like your light touch on the fingerpicking parts- it’s lovely and smooth, which is tough for most people to do, but you make it look easy here. Thank you for taking on this challenging song 🙂

• This reply was modified 1 year, 9 months ago by rayne68.
    rayne68
    Participant

@lhamilton Wow! As someone who can’t whistle at all, your ability to do this whole melody is blowing me away. Thanks for giving us your unique take on this classic song!

• This reply was modified 1 year, 9 months ago by rayne68.
    lhamilton
    Participant

Thanks, Ashley!

gi_gi_
    Participant

@Andrew Thank you so much for the encouragement and vote of confidence. It means a lot.

@Ashley
    Thanks Ashley. Do you give voice lessons? That would be great.

pysanky
    Participant

Thanks @andrew, I really enjoy these monthly challenges!

gstriph
    Participant

Hi

Leaving at the end of the month so recorded today. Stairway was a bit much and I didn’t want to sing so did Aura Lee. After playing as written for the entry I found a different version and transposed it to F and moved it partially up the neck for a 2nd verse…

Jerry

Andrew
    Keymaster

@gstriph – I love how you took it up higher on the neck, sounds awesome! But, double check the chord work for the 2nd half (starting on bar 9) as I’m not hearing the correct harmony. Alternatively, you can sub that section out for our arrangement (bars 9-16). Which would be a nice contrast to your higher voiced 8 bars since ours takes it back down to the beginning of the neck 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 204 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.