Participate in the July 2022 Member Challenge: WIN Electric Ukulele!

Home Page Forums Monthly Member Challenges Participate in the July 2022 Member Challenge: WIN Electric Ukulele!

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 204 total)
  • Author
    tessiert
    Participant

Hi everyone,

I have to admit to having been tempted to skip this month’s challenge because there are so many songs on the site that I want to learn to play. But I also really wanted to learn the nifty chord-melody strum/pluck trick Andrew teaches in the instructional video (Aura Lee), and I’m glad I stuck with it!

Best,

Trace

Andrew
    Keymaster

@suekulele, @annemarie, @lynnzo – Beautiful playing all-around 🙂

@tessiert
    – Great performance, Trace! And well done on getting that strum technique down. Have you seen this arpeggiated strum technique? AJ loves using it and it would be another nice one to add to your technique repertoire.

lhamilton
    Participant

I tried Crazy this month. I preferred to lower the key by a couple of notches so I used my Baritone with the capo on the third fret —

Linda
    I am a Premium Member

• This reply was modified 1 year, 9 months ago by lhamilton.
    tessiert
    Participant

Thanks @Andrew – I hadn’t seen that arpeggio technique. Pretty cool, and nice song too – I’ll get to work! 🙂

jebergeron
    Participant

Hi all,

Here is my submission for this month challenge. It is a busy month with vacation so had not much time to practice but the split strum/finger was fun to do.

gi_gi_
    Participant

@lhamilton Wow your whistling is so beautiful… That was so unique. Loved it.

Andrew
    Keymaster

@lhamilton – Well done, Linda! I agree with Gi Gi, love the whistling 🙂

Uke playing was great too! There’s a few times where it sounds like you are loosing the swing feel and playing more straight. Just something to keep in mind as you continue practicing.

You did amazing with all the barre chords. It’s a tough one to play. But sometimes, some aren’t ringing 100% clear. Your form looks great, so I’d say it comes down to pushing hard enough with the index finger. And boy, does this one takes a toll on our poor index finger lol.

Last thing I want to mention, see if you can get the chromatic walk-up intro to have more of a triplet rhythm. Check out this lesson for help with that rhythm.

@jebergeron
    – Great performance and the strum technique sounds great too 🙂

dinhlien
    Participant

This is my attempt. Thank you Andrew!

• This reply was modified 1 year, 9 months ago by Andrew. Reason: Video Embedded
    fmattheus
    Participant

Here’s my attempt at Aura Lee. I had a bit of fun ever so slightly modifying it bit 😉

katazumiri
    Participant

Hello everyone!

Here is my attempt with “50s Rock & Blues”. This is with 50% speed.

Have a nice day!

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER

The_Bumble_Bard
    Participant

@lhamilton, that whistling was incredible! You’re like a majestical bird that’s alighted on these forums from another, more beautiful dimension. I mean that in the best way, LOL. That seriously was mind-blowing, though. Never heard anything quite like that or really heard anyone who whistled quite so pristinely.

Side note, is it necessary to say that you’re a premium member? If so, I AM that, so please note that for your record books. Thank you and good day! 😀

lisadmh
    Participant

You can just call me Jimmy now.

I’ve wanted to learn this one for years. Thanks for the challenge. There are some glitches, but I’m glad to add this to my regular practice cycle.

Andrew
    Keymaster

@dinhlien – Beautifully played 🙂

@fmattheus
    – Thank you for the kind words! I really appreciate it 🙂

Great playing and I dig the rhythm strums in-between. Only thing I’d say is don’t forget to change to A7 in bar 10. Keep up the great work!

@katazumiri
    – Bravo! Great job on timing and feel. I’d say start boosting tempo. Try 60% or 65%. I think you can make a big jump like that right away.

@lisadmh
    – My favorite performance from you to date! Great feel/pace throughout and coupled with the outdoor setting made the performance so enjoyable to listen to. Keep up the great work, Lisa!

gi_gi_
    Participant

I am a Premium Member.

I’m crazy to be attempting Crazy 😂😂😂

ldarrow
    Participant

@lisadmh good job. I was glad to see someone post this song. I chose it too and have been struggling. Have thought about giving up and doing a switch-a-roo at the last minute, but you have inspired me to keep going.

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 204 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.