Participate in the July 2022 Member Challenge: WIN Electric Ukulele!

Home Page Forums Monthly Member Challenges Participate in the July 2022 Member Challenge: WIN Electric Ukulele!

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 204 total)
  • Author
    artcrocker
    Participant

I am a Premium Member,

I submit Aura Lee

Andrew
    Keymaster

@gi_gi_ – I gave her your email 🙂

@artcrocker
    – That’s a beautiful looking and sounding uke! I dig the changes you added to your performance. Only thing I’d say is to try to keep it locked into tempo more.

gstriph
    Participant

Andrew – good idea – I like it. Thanks! Jerry

biancak
    Participant

I’m a premium member

(My previous submission doesn’t show…)

Imposter syndrome is at its max but I’m submitting Aura Lee this month
    (I had a lot of fun trying to learn the 50s rock and blues but I didn’t and won’t get to recording level with that)
    Aura Lee or Lea was one of the first pieces I learnt from Ukulele Mike / Michael Lynch not long after I first picked up the uke, so for his memory I played it in his style: downwards thumb strum throughout.

leslieb
    Participant

I am a premium member.

This month I worked on Aura Lee. The other song choices are a lot of fun and after I become proficient with bar chords I plan on learning them as well. Slow and steady…

Thanks for the fun!

gi_gi_
    Participant

@Andrew Thanks so much

jedart
    Participant

My first post disappeared, this is my attempt at “Crazy”, this piece kicked my but, but I’m still trying it…

I am a premium member.

Andrew
    Keymaster

@biancak – Beautifully played 🙂

@leslieb
    – Well done, Leslie! I have one tip to make your transitions more efficient. When you switch chords, for example going to F in bar 4, I noticed that your index finger goes down first then your middle finger. Try to place both down at the same time. Same thing goes for the G chord transition in bar 2, although you can make that one easier by omitting string 1 since that note is not needed (in other words, fret a G5: 023X).

@jedart
    – Great singing and playing, Jed! This is a tough song to play with so many barre chords, the swung feel, and the fingerpicked sections. I thought you did excellent in all these areas! I would mainly focus your practicing on the transitions that you hesitated on. Loop these sections w/out the vocal then add it in.

Last thing I want to mention, see if you can get the chromatic walk-up intro to have more of a triplet rhythm. Check out this lesson for help with that rhythm.

leslieb
    Participant

Thank you for your guidance. I see what you mean and will incorporate the change as I practice. Hope to make progress with muscle memory!

varajas
    Participant

Hello Hello,

Here is my entry for the July 2022 Electric Ukulele Member Challenge.

gmflin8
    Participant

Had fun practicing Aura Lee this month
    And also had fun creating the video 🙂

brettboy
    Participant

I am a premium member.

Salutations Fellow Uke Lovers! I took on 50s Rock & Blues. Super lesson. Thanks Andrew and Stephen! Here’s my best take:

debb1985

I am a premium member

I tried relearning Stairway to Heaven this month. Needless to say, I only got through half. Summer has been busy and I have been nurturing some other outdoor hobbies, so I have fallen behind. I am posting what I learned along with my video from 2 years ago to show my growth. I played it this time on my Baritone. I leave for vacation Friday so this was the best I could do. Happy to see the improvement after 2 years though! Okay if it doesn’t count as a submission since it isn’t the whole arrangement 😀

2 years ago….

zongozongo

Hi Andrew
    I here is my submission. It’s Aura Lee. I am a premium member.

Happy practicing
    Nicolas

shmu88
    Participant

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER

Hi guys!

Here’s my best take at 50’s Rock and Blues 🙂

Cheers

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 204 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.