Participate in the June 2019 Member Challenge – LAST Chance to WIN a Kanile’a!

Home Page Forums Monthly Member Challenges Participate in the June 2019 Member Challenge – LAST Chance to WIN a Kanile’a!

Viewing 15 posts - 181 through 195 (of 273 total)
  • Author

Happily!……
    I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER!
    Ok so suffer the masses
    This is only my fifth song and have no business attempting Aloha Or, but I do love this song.
    Still tensing up when I hit the video button which is not conducive to playing Barr chords.
    Just need to keep working at it.
    Thank you all for your forbearance.

andracass
    Participant

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER

Here my poor attempt. I need a lot of practice yet.
    Wipe Out

en_joy
    Participant

Thank you Andrew! Im using metronome more than before. I still have issues to follow rhythm with my leg.

• This reply was modified 4 years, 10 months ago by en_joy.
    soraya06
    Participant

@andrew thank you so much for your critique ! I was not aware i did this bendy thing with my fingers, thank you for pointing that out, i will be more mindful to place my fingers curved in the future 🙂

holly1

Hello Everyone!

* I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER * : )

I’ve so enjoyed hearing everyone’s songs. Very inspiring! And congrats to those who can sing. I prefer not to in public, lol. So here is my entry with Tonight You Belong To Me. I recorded it twice, because I was unsure which version would “count” as an entry, so I am adding the Kazoo w/chords version and the uke solo only version. I prefer the kazoo version, so much fun. LOL. I bought 3 different kazoos to find my favorite sounds (Woodman, Horner, and kid’s party version). I choose the Woodman, for it’s lighter sound. So below are both with and without kazoo, but by far the kazoo version is my choice.

With Kazoo…

And the Uke solo only version…

The Hammer-Ons in the solo don’t play well for me, so I just played them. I think the timing is off to hear it ring, or and the action on my strings is too high, so not sure if that has much to do with the ring not sustaining or not? Oh well, like I said, the kazoo version is my favorite. Thanks for listening.

Holly

rickeymike
    Participant

Holly, no Folly with the Kazolly! Loved it! BTW, I think both entries would “count”.

karenj
    Participant

Thanks for the feedback. I had a hard time getting that rhythm in my head, I think partly because I had been playing it incorrectly initially, went back to the videos but it never quite stuck. I do like the ability to slow down the tab streamer and play along. But there is the inevitable brain freeze once I hit record. Ugh. I’ll keep working on it! I’m also working on the fancy ending but still have a long way to go on that too.

I’ve been enjoying everyone’s submissions. The Aloha “Oe have been especially pretty. They really make me feel like I’m in Hawaii and I’m inspired to learn that song too. I do live in coastal Maine and although I don’t surf, I do walk the beach regularly and like watching the surfers. Maybe some of that vibe will rub off.

Aloha,
    Karen

karenj
    Participant

Holly, I loved the kazoo part! I think kazoo and ukulele are a match made in heaven!

If anyone is interested in adding to or upgrading their the kazoo collection, I love my wooden kazoo from the Doc Kazoo/Aswego Kazoo company.
    https://www.facebook.com/dockazoo/

cornishdpt
    Participant

I am a Premium Member.

Not sure why but I feel like I had a harder time with this one versus last month. I think I just need to buckle down and practice finger picking more.

aquatopaz
    Participant

I am a Premium Member.
    Soundcloud appears to be down. Spent a month learning this and recorded it. Will try again later. If Soundcloud continues to have (something unexpected happened. please try again ) errors, I hope you count entries with a late upload. I have been working on this for 4 weeks.

noemie
    Participant

Thank you andrew for the feedback and for a month of premium membership.
    I understand my mistake now 😊

aquatopaz
    Participant

I am a Premium Member
    Wipeout

After Trying for awhile to login onto soundcloud, with just error messages, I tried to record again on my phone which was logged into soundcloud, as I couldn’t see an upload feature, but it wouldn’t upload. So, despite thoroughly enjoying learning this song, it has been so frustrating to get this up I will probably never play this song again. Recorded and hopefully uploaded to youtube off my recording.

mfaske
    Participant

Ah, once again time’s up! Here’s my entry –
    I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER!
    I apologize up front for all the imperfections. I will keep practicing. If I could just master the art of performing in front of the camera. I swear, once the camera’s on everything locks up, my fingers instantly turn three times their normal size and my brain shuts down. Oh well, I’m sure that I’m not alone. Anyway, this was a ton of fun and I’m really excited that I was able to learn this one! I had my doubts. And it’s been a thrill watching everyone’s submissions. You all are great! I’m just glad this is a challenge and not a competition!

mfaske
    Participant

Cornishdpt – It’s mind boggling for me to watch you play! I tried to play right handed at first, and that just didn’t work well at all. So I restrung the uke and now play a mirror-image of what I see, which is really not all that difficult once you get used to it. But to flip the uke and basically play it upside down, well, thinking about it hurts my brain. Kudos to you! Great job!

cornishdpt
    Participant

Mfaske:
    Thnx! I thought about it a lot when I decided to start playing since I’m a lefty and was forced to learn drums righty when I was younger. I had a lot of teachers tell me to just learn righty…. But they obviously didn’t get it. I read online that a lot of nicer ukes have different size holes so I wouldn’t be able to restring the uke backwards if I ever wanted to buy a really nice one. After learning that Paul McCartney plays his guitar upside down, I decided it was worth a go.
    Plus, now anytime someone has a uke somewhere, I can just pick it up and play theirs. Btw, great job on your playing as well!

Viewing 15 posts - 181 through 195 (of 273 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.