Participate in the June 2019 Member Challenge – LAST Chance to WIN a Kanile’a!

Home Page Forums Monthly Member Challenges Participate in the June 2019 Member Challenge – LAST Chance to WIN a Kanile’a!

Viewing 15 posts - 196 through 210 (of 273 total)
  • Author
    lyndallk
    Participant

I was going to do Wipe Out but the truth is I didn’t have time this month. So here is Tonight you belong to me. Such a sweet tune. Thanks to Andrew, Matt and Katie for great arrangements.

Really enjoyed catching up with everyone’s submissions.

I am a premium member

brenna
    Participant

Precisissima. Bellissima da sentire. Bravissima.
    👍👍👍👍

• This reply was modified 4 years, 9 months ago by brenna.
    rickeymike
    Participant

Lyndall, perfection! And at 100% speed. WOW.

Cornish & Mfaske – I too am a complete lefty. When I took my first Uke class (without owning an Uke), the instructor said I should try right handed. I resisted terribly for the same reasons all of us lefties do, but I gave it a try and bought the Uke. The up side was that I was fingering the frets with my dominant hand. The down side was that I couldn’t do more than single down strums with the awkward right hand. I could never keep a strum pattern going. But overall I’m glad I did accept the challenge of playing right handed.
    It worked for the uke but for instance, when I first learned golf, I listened to my instructor and played right handed. It was horrible. After a few weeks of swinging right handed, I bought a set of left handed clubs……..

hotmilktea

almost gave up the challenge this month…I don’t know why this song seems to be even harder than the “thousand years”. Glad I did not stop (thanks to my new sweet Moon Bird Uke which keep me practicing happily!)

Good job everyone!

I am a premium member

gstriph
    Participant

I am a premium member.

Hotmilktea – you’re a tough act to follow – that was beautiful.

I really struggled with this one and finally just ran out of time – so here it is, warts and all.

I went to the Midwest Uke and Harmonica Camp last weekend. There were 180 or so students and about a dozen faculty taking over a small college campus for 2 days. It was amazing. They had a variety of classes, strum-a-long sessions, 2 faculty concerts, an open mike, and plenty of people just getting together to play. The friendliness and inclusion of people at all levels was heartwarming. One of the most fun things was trying out other people’s ukes (and Elderly Music ran a store and brought both inexpensive (did you know they make a glow-in-the-dark floating plastic uke?) and *really* expensive ones to try out. If you have a chance to go to one of these, I’d recommend it.

Anyway – my entry Tonight you belong to me.

Jerry

hotmilktea

thanks for your kind comment :)@gstriph. how lucky you are to be able to go to the Camp! I wish I can, but with a 2yr old Todder, it is mission impossible for the coming years T_T

lyndallk
    Participant

Thanks @brenna and @rickymike. Its the perfect tune for a uke really.

Nice playing and nice new uke @hotmilktea.

Are you going to play some harmonica for us sometime @gstriph? Sounds like a fun camp! Always great to immerse ourselves in ukulele!

coffeemug
    Participant

Hi!

I am a premium member.

smudge
    Participant

I am a premium member. Loved working on the rhythm with this one. Will need a bit MORE work I’m afraid!! Thanks for the challenge.

kellyblackburn
    Participant

Here’s my entry for this month’s challenge.
    I am a Premium Member!

Thank you,
    Kelly Blackburn

I needed to start this on the beach, as proper homage to The Jerk, which I probably watched 20-30 times as a teenager. I was hoping for a more beautiful day, but this is my first weekend at home this month, so I had to make do with what I got. Although I’ve been away a lot this month, I was able to take a ukulele with me everywhere and get some practice in. Thanks for another good month and challenge. I’m still loving trying something new each month and can’t wait to see what’s coming up for July.

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER

becky7777
    Participant

I am a premium member.

painful sorry. and last minute!

• This reply was modified 4 years, 9 months ago by becky7777. Reason: Forgot premium lol
    becky7777
    Participant

Sprinting- that was an awesome ending lol! Looked like a ball to film too!

Ricky- Oh my goodness! You’re playing backwards and upside down, right? <-(Pun wasn’t intended but lol!) I couldn’t imagine my picking hand being the non dominant hand either! A blues guy did the same though because it was what he had to learn on.

I haven’t caught up with days of entries but everyone’s I’ve heard so far is great!

Holly1 Your home has a really lovely sound. What kind is it? What recording device did you use?

Holly 1, I was snafoo’d by predictive text! Lol! I was asking about your ukulele not your home. Cheers

Viewing 15 posts - 196 through 210 (of 273 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.