Participate in the June 2019 Member Challenge – LAST Chance to WIN a Kanile’a!

Home Page Forums Monthly Member Challenges Participate in the June 2019 Member Challenge – LAST Chance to WIN a Kanile’a!

Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 273 total)
  • Author
    rickeymike
    Participant

enjoy – Very well done!

soraya06
    Participant

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER

Hi Ya’ll !

Here is my submission for this month coming from a scorching hot Maastricht. The weather has been exceptionally warm the last couple of days here in the south of The Netherlands, reaching temperatures of 35+ degrees, which leaves me with sweaty fingers and slippery strings (didn’t know that was a thing, or maybe it’s just me lol ) but regardless, i tried to make it work, even though i had a little mishap at the end. I am also learning better together, which is sooo much fun to play but i am hesitant to upload cause i sound like a screeching hamster with bronchitis.

brenna
    Participant

Bel suono e molto preciso. Mi piace molto!!
    Brava!!
    Gianluca

cyukug
    Participant

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER.
    I like how everyone here enjoy the moment in their own video.

Here is mine.

rickeymike
    Participant

Sora & Cy — So good. Absolutely marvelous.

soraya06
    Participant

Thank you so much gianluca and rickey 🙂 Both of your performances were really stellar as well, thoroughly enjoyed them !

llmairalmiquel
    Participant

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER

noemie
    Participant

Hello, I’m back to play Aloha ‘Oe this time. I can do better but when I record me, I make new mistakes.
    I’m not a premium member.

Bonne écoute !

Andrew
    Keymaster

joannetala – This has to be your best performance I’ve heard yet! I am super impressed! 🙂 I know we’ve talked about rhythm in our feedback for the last month or two, and it definitely sounds like you focused on that this month. Keep up the excellent work!

joe150 – Great job, Joe! So there are a few things I want to point out:

1) I’d recommend resting your right hand pinky on the body, underneath the sound hole. Check out this article to visually see placement recommendation. Placing it here should help with dexterity and mobility when fingerpicking.

2) I know I linked this lesson which helped simplify the rhythmic breakdown. But I’d recommend taking it a step further with simplifying. Try strumming muted quarter notes and counting throughout the 12 Bars while playing alongside a metronome.

3) Don’t forget that after the breakdown, the song goes back into the 12 Bar melody. Double check the form.

karenj – Way to go! Here is a helpful video that breaks down the rhythm I used in the performance.

The main pattern is:

1 2 &a (3) e& 4 &a
    1 2 &a (3) e& 4

I’d recommend to put it into “synthetic” mode on the tab player and slow it down and loop the 2 bar phrase. If you don’t know how to do this, watch the 2nd video on this page and skip 6 minutes into it.

Bonus lesson that simplifies rhythm.

en_joy – Dang, bro! You killed it. Rhythm, timing, and feel were spot on. Amazing!

soraya06 – So well done! A couple pauses here and there, but sounds like a little more practice will fix that. I’d focus most of your practice on the Outro. And one helpful tip: Watch out for bending at the first joint, like the D7 at 24 seconds. Always keep the finger curved and on fingertip. 🙂

cyukug – Excellent playing, form looks great, and wonderful job on the triplet strum technique. Couple things I noticed:

1) Double check the rhythm for the last bar in Melody B (bar 20) as you rushed it.

2) The last bar before the solo should end on a G, not Cm.

llmairalmiquel Excellent playing and feel 🙂 Couple suggestions:

1) I’d sub out your ring finger for your pinky finger during the section from 17 seconds to 21. That chord has a bit of an awkward stretch when using the ring.

2) Double check the rhythm in bar 9 (second to last bar before the Chorus). Sounds like you lingered a little too long on the D7.

noemie – Wow! I’m impressed that you were able to figure that one out all on your own! And your playing is fantastic! 🙂

The only thing that stood out to me is bar 13 (3rd bar in the chorus). Double check the rhythm there, which you will be able to now, because I set up your account for a month of premium membership. Keep playing, you are rocking!

nthibode

As usual I’ve enjoyed watching the submissions this month! Loved the duet with your son, @brenna. Good luck with the draw everyone!

Here is my recording of Wipe Out — a fast and fun song. Surf’s up!

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER

Andrew
    Keymaster

@nthibode

null

And I really love the slide sound, sliding up from the 3rd fret. Nice touch and awesome performance! 🙂

nthibode

lol Andrew, thanks! 🙂

annefgodfrey
    Participant

I am a premium member.

Andrew, I am having trouble with submission.
    Thank you for challenging lessons.
    Lots of mistakes, rhythm inconsistency & hesitation here but submitted with much appreciation to you & all at Rock Class 101.

• This reply was modified 4 years, 10 months ago by Andrew. Reason: Video Fixed
    brenna
    Participant

Ottima performance. You play and smile. It’s wonderful.
    😊

jedart
    Participant

Thanks for you reply Stephen. I struggle a bit with the rhythm. I tried using a metronome but that was too distracting. I’ve been working on the fingerpicking section, here’s a video of my progress

Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 273 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.