Participate in the June 2019 Member Challenge – LAST Chance to WIN a Kanile’a!

Home Page Forums Monthly Member Challenges Participate in the June 2019 Member Challenge – LAST Chance to WIN a Kanile’a!

Viewing 15 posts - 211 through 225 (of 273 total)
  • Author
    gaberdude
    Participant

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER

Nice renditions, especially enjoying lisamcc and surfnrz and jinajupiter and all the rest of the songs.

Here is mine. I tried singing high like Katie, but couldn’t quite make it work. So, here I go low. I think the original Jack Johnson key would fit my voice best, but it seems ok like this.

(It’s in two pieces because the app I used to record has a time limit. Sorry.)

kumakuma

Hi, I am a basic member.
    I got last year a present of E-Ukulele. I think it suits good with the song wipe out. It took a lot of fun to play this . Andrew, thanks very much for this cool arrangement.

stinyuke

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER

Here is my submission for this month’s challenge. I had a small blocking in my fingers in the middle and in the end, but otherwise I’m quite happy with it.

I tried to do a small mixture of Andrew’s hard ending and the intermediate ending by adding a Hammer On-Pull Off combination at the end 🙂

@brenna
    loved the performance with your son! 🙂

brenna
    Participant

Thanks!!! 😊

morrieuke1
    Participant

This has been a great challenge-tried my best thanks Andrew and team 🙂

jinajupiter
    Participant

Nice Gaber! Your guardian angel also liked it. :).
    Sounds great on electric Uke Kuma!

Andrew
    Keymaster

Friendly reminder, the deadline is tonight at 11:59 P.M. EST. Anything submitted past the deadline will not count for the giveaway or receive feedback. (check your local time zone)

Below are the last two folks on page 12.

—-

annefgodfrey – Way to go on nailing the percussive rhythm section! So good!

So your comment about consistency tells me that you know exactly what to work on. Take 4 bars at a time and focus on keeping the timing steady. The hardest part is the transition from one chord to the next. So focus on that area.

When you get the four bars down, target the next four, then work on 1 through 8. Then do the last four. And try 1 through 12.

jedart – July’s live lesson will be all about playing & practicing with a metronome. Hope you can tune in for it 🙂

Fingerpicking section sounds good! Try and work on boosting tempo, 5 BPM at a time.

holly1

Yellowrosescottag – You asked about my ukulele… It’s an Amahi African Burl Concert Ukulele.

C-10 Amahi African Burl, Concert

It does have an amazing sound quality in my opinion (even when I can’t seem to play it as well as it should be played, lol.) I absolutely love it! It was my first ukulele, purchased about 7 months ago, and I play it everyday, an hour or more at a time. It holds tune beautifully and doesn’t need to be tuned often. I’m starting to consider putting new strings on it but am afraid to mess with it until it really needs it. It’s my baby and I’m not even taking it to the beach with me next month, I bought a Magic Fluke Flea for that trip. oh and I just used my phone to record the video (Samsung Galaxy s7 Edge).

And Karenj – I checked out the kazoo you linked to. That’s an interesting shape indeed!

And Kumakuma – e-ukulele, wow! Very cool sounding, and perfect for wipe out.

Hoping I can check out the live youtube stream on the 4th during my lunch break at work to see who wins the Kanile’a. Good luck everyone! : ) Looking forward to July’s challenge and what will be next. Thanks to all at rc101 for keeping us on our toes and practicing!

Holly

• This reply was modified 4 years, 10 months ago by holly1.
    donovan

TONIGHT YOU BELONG TO ME -my entry
    Hi! I’m really enjoying this and look forward to more songs. This one is my very first time fingerpicking- well I’m only nine and elf taught with my grandmother. I sing this song in harmony it’s me cousin but she is away with her Dad for the month so we’ll show you that another time.
    I’m also trying to learn that artificial harmonics technique from Mr.Sandman. I want to sing that with her and my sister.
    So please be kind with me here even though I clubbed the end with nerves and I really knew it best of all, but anyway, I hope you like this version!
    Yours Truly, Donovan
    this version

donovan

Uhhhh y’all know I meant SELF taught and not ELF taught, right?

ukemaniak
    Participant

My submission: Tonight You Belong to Me

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER

• This reply was modified 4 years, 10 months ago by ukemaniak.
    annefgodfrey
    Participant

Gosh Andrew, thank you for critique.
    I love you, Rock Class & such kind friends.
    Amazing submissions.
    Good luck to all.
    Happy 4th!

kelsey91
    Participant

Hi everyone!
    So here is my entry for the June challenge!
    This is Better Together by Jack Johnson.
    I have been practicing a lot and I know it needs more practice but this is the last day to enter! It has definitely been challenging for me; probably one of the hardest songs I’ve learned so far. But you have to start somewhere right? Anyway I hope you enjoy it!! ✌🏻

fiat-lux
    Participant

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER.
    Hi,
    For the Beach Theme, i take the beach uke. This song is among my all-time favorites, as When i’m 64 and Dream a little dream, so thanks a lot for these arrangements. Not satisfied with my playing but i keep on working.

kelsey91
    Participant

Great job!

Viewing 15 posts - 211 through 225 (of 273 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.