Participate in the June 2019 Member Challenge – LAST Chance to WIN a Kanile’a!

Home Page Forums Monthly Member Challenges Participate in the June 2019 Member Challenge – LAST Chance to WIN a Kanile’a!

Viewing 15 posts - 226 through 240 (of 273 total)
  • Author
    marni11
    Participant

“I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER”
    I’m sorry this isn’t very good at all. It seems like this month has been so busy! Anyway, here is my entry.

rufio0

I am premium member.

Thank you so much for watching and feedbacks 🤙
    PS: With little help from my wife 😂

• This reply was modified 4 years, 9 months ago by rufio0.
    timolnz
    Participant

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER
    Still trying to lighten up my right hand….Tim

ukukelley1
    Participant

Lyndall – Beautiful performance! You’re developing such musicality with your playing. I really enjoyed listening to your playing.
    Sheryl

ukukelley1
    Participant

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER.

I am a premium member who did not practice enough on the challenge song this month…. Here’s my attempt at Wipe Out. I love exploring music, but I seem to have trouble making myself do the number of repetitions needed for drilling and making things clean and smooth. On a positive note, though, I wouldn’t have attempted something like this not that long ago, so I do have a sense that I’m developing and progressing with my playing.

Sheryl

santai
    Participant

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER.

And yet another month gone by already!
    I actually wanted to sing this song as a duet with my wife – we practiced a little, but not enough. ^^; There is still some kind of “singing” in this: Have fun with me going crazy with the mouth kazoo! 😀 This site is helping soooo much with not taking yourself too seriously. 😉

@Andrew
    : You asked me to upload a video this time, but time is pressing, so it’s just audio again.

I managed to play this piece almost up to speed – which feels like good progress to me. Still, my playing lacked some time to tide up ringing strings. And never mind the breakdown in the middle of my performance – I got it back on track. 😀

Enjoy!

Also: I already saw some of all your great submissions and am soooo much looking forward to taking the time and listen to and watch all the others now!

• This reply was modified 4 years, 9 months ago by santai.
    gardn_gnome
    Participant

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER.

Hi Andrew – Here’s my attempt at Aloha ‘Oe. It needs a lot of work still but I’m out of time. Thx again for offering these challenges – I’ve really enjoyed trying to learn this song. –kim

planetfink
    Participant

This isn’t an entry. Just did it for fun. I had been playing it on my Kamaka, but sitting in the backyard with my soprano seemed appropriate for the song. Happy summer to all the northern hemisphere folks.

kanae926
    Participant

Aloha, RC101 friends! 🤙🌺🌴🌊🏖️

Well, this week marks my one year anniversary of finding this wonderful site, its lessons, and community. I’ve come a long way in changing the way I practice and have learned so much, but I still have much more to learn!

I’ve never had any sense of rhythm, so when I try to play with feeling, my timing is all over the place, but when I turn on the metronome, I sound more like a robot. ::sigh:: Always a work in progress! I usually play along with the tab viewer in synthetic mode to keep me on track, but Andrew said that becomes a crutch, so I changed it to just the metronome (and sometimes still get off track). 😉

Please excuse the muted (missing) notes or buzzing…I promise I know this song inside and out by now, but I can’t seem to ever get a clean take. AND IT IS SO HOT in my apartment that I have three fans going.

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER.

p.s. – Andrew (or Stephen), before you say anything about the first chord in bar 16 sounding funky, I don’t know what happened there, but that’s me playing through my mistake. Haha. I know what I was supposed to play, but what came out was something else. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

casadot349

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER
    Thank you for doing these challenges. Looking forward to trying to win! I chose to do Wipe Out this time. Here’s my video:

aquatopaz
    Participant

I am a Premium Member
    Finally got to login into Soundcloud from my computer to upload this. 4 weeks of practice. Sorry it doesn’t sound better. I play on a resonator, so percussion hits didn’t work.

borjez

I am a Premium Member.

Procrastinated on uploading this one. The end of the month always come to fast! Enjoyed the challenge with this beautiful piece. Ignore my dog entering the room at 45sec. LOL.
    Thanks for listening.

• This reply was modified 4 years, 9 months ago by borjez.
    omaon4
    Participant

I am a premium member
    Omaon4
    Listen to Tonight You Belong To Me by Helga M on #SoundCloud

gaevdl

So disappointed in myself this month! After attempting Better Together for the first two weeks, I gave up at trying to get the singing part matched to the music and tried to tackle Wipe Out instead. I have it down, mostly! But after three hours of trying to get a good submission, I had to give up. My fingers are done, my brain is done, and nothing is coming together. I wish you all luck at your songs! I’m sad I couldn’t make it work.

bzediver

This submission is more for laughs than anything. My apologies to Queen Lili’uokalani and all Hawaiians that watch this. On a serious note and hope I’m not over sharing, My wife and I have taken my mother-in-law all over the Caribbean, Mexico and Hawaii. She is a great traveler. Never complains and is ready for any adventure. Her favorite trip was to Hawaii. Kauai, The Big Island and Oahu. Sadly today it was determined that she would be put on hospice. But TRYING to play this song keeps me thinking of her in better times. Mahalo

Premium Member Submission

Viewing 15 posts - 226 through 240 (of 273 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.