Participate in the June 2022 Member Challenge – WIN $6,000 Kanile’a Ukulele

Home Page Forums Monthly Member Challenges Participate in the June 2022 Member Challenge – WIN $6,000 Kanile’a Ukulele

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 152 total)
  • Author
    laurajax
    Participant

I am a premium member
    In the Hall of the Mountain King.

ldarrow
    Participant

Thank you @andrew. I will give your suggestion a try. Think I may video myself while practicing too. I can see just how much I am doing this when watching the video.

mark1256
    Participant

Thanks for the advice Andrew. I think I do pretty good on each section but when I try to put them together I fall apart. My memory isn’t what it used to be. Clarity and timing is also much better until the camera goes on, then nerves take over. I’ll keep working on it until a new song gets my attention lol.

wongbrown

I am a premium member.

I am submitting ‘Here Comes the Bride’ for June’s challenge. Well, I can’t remember how many takes I have made. I found it hard to go from bar 21 to 22. I used a different finger style to Chris’s. Hope that’s ok as I have tried various ones and found this one easier for me. I also found it hard to bend my first finger after barring.

Thank you Chris for making this beautiful song.

lyndallk
    Participant

I’m a PREMIUM member. Had a little fun playing both parts – but even more fun lining them up in imovie. You live and learn

jebergeron
    Participant

I am a PREMIUM MEMBER.

Here is my take on La Donna e mobile. It was a real challenge but I had a really fun time learning it!

june2020

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER
    In the Hall of the Mountain King for this month. Wish I’d had more time to work on it. Those high frets are sure tough to get good sound!

ukandrea
    Participant

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER

Here comes my quick (or better sloooow) and dirty one shot handy video for Habanera. I am so sorry (really!) that I currently have no time to practice, so I can just deliver what I can play from the notes. I am sitting on suitcases for next business travel, this was my last action before sleeping 5 hours before the flight.

Andrea

P.S.: More important, the first 10 ukuleles from Ukulele Kids Club have reached Dortmund hospital and the music therapist told me how happy the first kids were. If anybody wants to donate for Germany just go to the donation page of Ukulele Kids Club and add “Germany” as a comment to the payment.

kdeacon7

I am a PREMIUM MEMBER

This is my 3rd ever fingerstyle! I need time to smooth transitions, develop quality, and of course….timing! I am making progress though : ) THANK YOU

ukulelee
    Participant

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER!

My offering is a slow and bumpy ride, but it will remain a work in progress until it’s smooth sailing. Thank you for the opportunity Andrew and RockClass101

Andrew
    Keymaster

@laurajax – Excellent performance! Only thing I’d say is to cut down on the gaps between the themes.

@wongbrown
    – Bravo, Sheila! This is the best performance I’ve heard from you to date. I’m going to send it to Chris, I’m sure he’ll love it 🙂

@lyndallk
    – You aced it! Loved watching it 🙂

@jebergeron
    – Excellent feel throughout your performance! Only thing I’d say is to keep working on the walk up section and the part after it to bring it up to the tempo of the first melody.

@june2020
    – Well done this month, June! I thought the higher notes sounded great! Only thing I’d say is to work on keeping timing steady in those two higher themes. But it was great overall! Keep up the good work 🙂

@ukandrea
    – Awesome to hear about the update with the UKC 🙂

Playing sound great! Great articulation throughout. When you get back, I’d work towards gradually boosting tempo. Safe travels!

@kdeacon7
    – Very impressive take for your third fingerstyle tune! I was really impressed with your comprehension of the rhythms. They aren’t easy in this piece!

Couple tips. First, try to memorize it. Start with 8 bar sections. This way you can focus on how you are playing it. Check out this article and video as I break down why this is important.

Second, try to keep your fingers planted as you build chords. For example, the E chord in bar 1. You’re lifting up after each note. This cuts the sustain. Double check that part in the lesson because I remember talking about tips for playing this tricky section.

@ukulelee
    – Excellent performance! That cutaway def helps for reaching those high notes 🙂

krajisunny
    Participant

Hello! It’s my first time participating in a RC101 challenge!
    Here is my attempt at “here Comes the Bride.”

wongbrown

Thanks so much, Andrew. What a great encouragement! I feel like all the hard work paid off. Yay😆

concan
    Participant

I am a premium member

Hey everyone,
    this month I had more time to learn a piece. Here comes ‚in the hall of the mountain king‘.

concan
    Participant

and here is another entry with my daughter. We had a lot of fun learning and playing together.

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 152 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.