Participate in the June 2023 Challenge! You Choose: $1,745 OR $2,900 Kanile’a

Home Page Forums Monthly Member Challenges Participate in the June 2023 Challenge! You Choose: $1,745 OR $2,900 Kanile’a

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 189 total)
  • Author
    rebeca
    Participant

@Andrew- Thank you for the feedback. I really appreciate it.
    I suppose I’m more into swing 🙂 but I didn’t realize I was changing the rythm pattern.

Andrew
    Keymaster

@ccwuke – Excellent strumming, Chris!

@jody_hendrickson
    – You aced both tunes, Jody! Well done 👏

And TY for the kind words! 🙂

@clempek
    – Great take, Clem! Feel and vibe was spot on!

denisedistefano
    Participant

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER

Here is my entry for the June Monthly Challenge. I chose the One Finger Etude – Mini Lesson: 009. I thoroughly enjoyed learning this piece. I played it on my Kala KA-ACP-CTG concert ukulele. Lots of good entries this month. Good luck, everyone!!!

leslieb
    Participant

Thank you for the great suggestion and video Andrew! Sure will give it my best.
    Life is good!

kdeacon7

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER

Okay, here is my first real live ‘DUET’ for “Harmonizing Chords”. Not only was this a great lesson, it also provided a great time learning to play along with someone else.

Be sure to watch our “out-takes” as we tried to record a decent submission for you. You will see just how these lessons allow us to enjoy the journey! Special thanks to Adam Ousley, of Ousley Music for helping me out with this June challenge.

abster
    Participant

I am a premium Member

Please accept Abhay’s entry for this months challenge. He worked really hard and at times wanted to give up. However, I am glad he persisted.

We have really enjoyed watching all your entries.

thank you having us a part of this wonderful community.

• This reply was modified 10 months, 1 week ago by abster.
    abster
    Participant

that was so amazing!

lhamilton
    Participant

Beautifully done, Abhay!

leb397
    Participant

@kdeacon7 what fun sharing your outtakes that we ALL relate to. Nice job. @abster you are amazing. Wish my grandkids had the desire you have. Excellent. Keep it up, don’t stop.

abster
    Participant

@lhamilton

@leb397

Thanks so much! 🙏🏽🙏🏽💕

• This reply was modified 10 months, 1 week ago by abster.
    Andrew
    Keymaster

@denisedistefano – Excellent fingerpicking, Denise! One suggestion, try a little bit of a lighter attack on the triplet strum. Overall, well done this month!

@kdeacon7
    – Bravo y’all! Fantastic duet and I loved the outtakes 🙂

@abster
    – Another incredible performance, Abhay! 👏👏

The_Bumble_Bard
    Participant

@abster, that was absolutely amazing! Perfect job! 😊

gstriph
    Participant

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER

One finger Etude for June, 2023

Lots of firsts here… I’m on the road so this was done on an iPad with iMovie in one take. LOL – I’m not sure the recording isn’t better than using a computer with a mic.

Jerry

moonshoes
    Participant

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER

Everyone’s once again doing amazing this month! I see that I definitely wasn’t the only one who couldn’t resist attempting more than one. I would’ve liked to try all of them, but I tried to be reasonable and stuck to two. I went for the one finger etude (because I’d already started on that one previously, but mostly because I can’t resist fingerpicking) and the feel good strumming riff this month. For the etude I chose to play it on my baritone, because I think it sounded really pretty (the only reason you need to pick one uke over another, I think).

moonshoes
    Participant

The riff was a little more work than the etude. I wish my mutes were a little cleaner, but I guess I’ll just keep practicing a little longer. The piece has definitely helped me improve my chucking and muting, though!

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 189 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.