Participate in the May 2020 Member Challenge – WIN a Kanile’a Tenor Ukulele!

Home Page Forums Monthly Member Challenges Participate in the May 2020 Member Challenge – WIN a Kanile’a Tenor Ukulele!

Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 333 total)
  • Author
    robinboyd
    Participant

@sgwarren – That’s not just you. I spent ages trying to record yesterday before I gave up.

planetfink
    Participant

@sgwarren Thanks. Just moved here a few months ago. The view still amazes me every day. Your playing also amazes me. Great job.

rebeca
    Participant

@planetfink – well done! That sounds great!

@sgwarren
    – uke is really addictive isn’t it? It seems that a lot of people playing ukulele come from a long term relationship with guitar

Steven
    Participant

@rebeca Yeah I think you’re right – it’s certainly a natural step for a guitarist. I always enjoyed playing guitar but that enjoyment never came anywhere near the sheer joy I get from playing uke. It really is a magical little instrument.

robinboyd
    Participant

@stianukulele – you stole my idea by playing on a log in the woods! Seriously, though, this piece really does lend itself to being played outside. Great job playing it, too.

joe150
    Participant

@miztaken Thank for the help, I recorded my video on am old I pad. I put In a vise , to hold I pad , on a stack of tubs.
    I just get stage fright really bad.

rickeymike
    Participant

planet – Steven took the words right out of my mouth. I love the tempo.

Stian – great all around!

rickeymike
    Participant

Joe – nice job. You’re really improving. It shows a lot on Melody A.

uku_on
    Participant

I am a premium member.
    This song is very catchy and fun. It sounds a bit off on a high G ukulele but I still like it.
    I didn’t fully memorize this song which is why I am staring so much. Really enjoyed playing this song though.

stianukulele

Thanks for all the feedback! Really appriciate it 🙂

• This reply was modified 3 years, 11 months ago by stianukulele.
    robinboyd
    Participant

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER

Like @stianukulele, I felt that this really should be recorded outside. Also, when I play it, it should be called Out in the South.

lyndallk
    Participant

I am a premium member

So good to hear all these submissions. Makes me want to learn Out in the North sometime.

Here’s my Malagueña, and I’m happily sporting my new RockClass101 t-shirt. Luckily I videoed this the other day because winter has arrived here in Sydney. No more t-shirt for a few months

Here we go. I do like flamenco uke

rickeymike
    Participant

Uku on – Rock on, Bro!

Robin – Yes! Nice harmonics and great location shooting.

Lyndall – OLE, Senorita!

Steven
    Participant

@uku_on Great job! I really like your super clean fingerstyle technique – and that Kamaka is NICE! #uke-envy

@robinboyd
    Love the outdoor recording and those extra cheeky harmonics sounded great. I really liked your right hand triplet technique too – very smooth 🙂

@lyndallk
    Just WOW! You nailed that big time! All those different techniques sound excellent and your fan strum sounds AMAZING. You could tell how much you enjoyed playing it too 🙂

• This reply was modified 3 years, 11 months ago by Steven.
    robinboyd
    Participant

Thanks @sgwarren and @rickeymike. I’ve been working on that triplet technique for a while 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 333 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.