Participate in the May 2021 Challenge – WIN Kanile’a Baritone Ukulele!

Home Page Forums Monthly Member Challenges Participate in the May 2021 Challenge – WIN Kanile’a Baritone Ukulele!

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 147 total)
  • Author
    ukulelee
    Participant

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER

Hello folks ar Rockclass101,

I can’t tell you how much I enjoy the content of RockClass101. It really is one stop shopping for all my ukulele goals. I have a long way to go to smooth this one out, but it has been fun working on it. A throwback to my high school guitar days! Thank you all! Cheers.

bomarkt
    Participant

@ukulelee
    that was awesome🥰👍🙌

Andrew
    Keymaster

@ukulelee – Well done, Leone! Sounds awesome! Only thing I’d say is to pluck/strum harder for that riff. It’s one of those riffs where we want it to punch with a lot of energy. And a stronger pluck/strum will give you more volume for that part.

robinl
    Participant

Hi everyone, this month I learned Come As You Are. Still working on the barred Dm chord, but here is my progress so far!

ukulelee
    Participant

Thank you!…as with all uke stuff it’s a work in progress!

ukulelee
    Participant

Thank you for the feedback, Andrew! I will definitely work on that.

Andrew
    Keymaster

@robinl – Bravo, brilliant playing!

@ukulelee
    – My pleasure!

robinboyd
    Participant

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER

I was really busy this month so I picked one of the easier ones. I hope you like the few extra bars I added at the beginning. Also, I hope it’s OK that I used a low G uke. I don’t think it made a huge difference to the sound, but the wider string spacing made it easier to switch between picking and strumming.

Thanks to Matt’s live lesson on barre chords, I had already practiced playing the Dm chord this way, which was a huge help. I decided not to use Matt’s thumb picking, although I practiced it both ways.

Andrew
    Keymaster

@robinboyd – excellent take, Robin! Well done!

ukandrea
    Participant

A (late) thank you, Andrew, for your feedback and tip for my “Come As You Are”.
    It is so great to see everybody’s performances and how the fun unites us.
    Infected from the other’s spirit I also learned “Smoke on the water” and parts of “Jump”, but I won’t spend time on recording as I am still very focused on Steven’s great Bee Gee’s arrangement.
    With this song it is like everything I have learned in the past 8 months with all the practicing for the challenges combined with Matt’s live session advices comes together and pays out. That makes me really proud and very happy.
    Andrea

morrieuke1
    Participant

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER

Eddie Van Halen inspired not only guitar players, but musicians of all genres. His innovation and passion for music was overwhelmingly contagious! RIP Eddie VanHalen, your music will always inspire!!

Such a challenging uke arrangement. I am going to keep working on this one. Thank you Evan and Andrew for the great arrangement and instructional videos.

Andrew
    Keymaster

@ukandrea – TY so much for the kind words 🙂

@morrieuke1
    – That was awesome, Michael! Performance was great! What I’d work on is spending a day or 2 on one section a time. So like a verse or pre-chorus. Slow it down and loop it until you’ve got it clean, then build the speed. That should help get every section as tight as that intro riff.

For the solo, try a couple licks at a time. Use the tab player and try to match the phrasing as close as possible. Ohh and great job on the tapping lick!

morrieuke1
    Participant

Thanks Andrew for the feedback, and great advice! I do plan on working this one more, and one section at a time. Thanks again!

nthibode

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER

My heart wasn’t in this one, so I guess I really Ain’t Talkin’ ‘Bout Love. But there’s always something to learn and work on.

Awesome work everyone! I’m impressed by those who tackled Jump. Until next time!

henri0
    Participant

Nearly there with Ain’t Talkin bout love EXCEPT the solo which is driving me (and probably everyone around me) crazy by now. My tech set up means the tab play along is often really out of sync or won’t work so want to check I’m on the right track here and open to critique/suggestions so I can get it right at speed. TIA

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 147 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.