Participate in the November 2019 Member Challenge – 2nd Chance to WIN Kanile'a!

Home Page Forums Monthly Member Challenges Participate in the November 2019 Member Challenge – 2nd Chance to WIN Kanile'a!

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 309 total)
  • Author
    k_ra11
    Participant

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER

I Love AJ’s arrangement of Can’t help falling in love! Thank you Andrew for these awesome opportunities to push myself and even overcome some stage fright that I apparently have while recording.

cauer2

Very nice k_ra. I think you did a great job with the arpeggiated strumming. I have been working on getting that technique down but it is really hard for me; my fingers just dont seem to want to move that way. I have a lot of trouble with fan strumming too. Anyway, thought you did a great job. Thanks for sharing.

Andrew
    Keymaster

willymac – Beautiful playing, Brian! I’m going to share this today and send it to the folks at Kanile’a. I’m sure they’ll love to see it! So question, no swung feel? Just wondering why you went back to straight. And as far as the ending, I thought you handled it extremely well. As long as you don’t stop, most folks never notice mess ups.

suesbarn – Here is my feedback for you 🙂

k_ra11 – Wonderful job! Great feel and excellent job on the arpeggiated attack. The only thing I’d suggest working on is the rhythm in bar 14, which I actually just talked about towards the end of the video feedback that I left for Sue (above you).

brenna
    Participant

Ciao!!!
    Second attempt. A little bit more consistent in the third part.

Ciao and have fun for challenge!!!

suesbarn
    Participant

Thank you for the awesome feedback. The timing makes more sense now!

willymac
    Participant

Andrew,
    Thank you so much. I really appreciate it. This was such a fun song to play and you’re a great teacher. Thank you.

About the “swing.” I started working on it and relooked at the video of your teaching and realized that one of the purposes of learning this song was to teach us to put emotions into our playing. That’s something I need to work on, so I decided it’s best to concentrate on trying to put emotions into the song and not get distracted with swing (although I love swing music). I plan on trying to play a swing version of this song after Thanksgiving and see how it sounds. I’ll post it on this site somewhere if you’d like to see it?
    Cheers,
    Brian

Andrew
    Keymaster

@willymac – Please do! 🙂

Andrew
    Keymaster

@brenna – That’s a lot smoother now! Great take overall 🙂

k_ra11
    Participant

Cauer2, Thanks so much for your kind and generous words. I totally hear what you’re saying about not being able to get the hands to do what ya want. Ha! I’m hoping to practice a bit more than I have been able to. Thanks again for your comments. :o)

Andrew, Thanks for your feedback! I’ll check out the rhythm in bar 14 and watch your video to see how I can refine this a bit more! I really do appreciate how encouraging you are!

annefgodfrey
    Participant

I am a premium member.
    Thank you.

oldan_
    Participant

I am a Premium Member.

Here is my first attempt at House of the Rising Sun. Quite difficult for me, I’m hoping to improve upon it in the next few days. I have simplified the strum as per you suggestion and it helps a lot.

I can play it more consistently at a slower pace, and the harmonics are completely impossible 🙂 Right now I’m trying to get it smoother and accentuate the melody notes. I hope I’ll have time to record a second version around the last few days…

Cheers

Daniel

rickeymike
    Participant

Daniel, Nice strumming and picking. I think you’ve got the rhythm down and the pace is good.

becky7777
    Participant

In Can’t Help Falling in Love, is it ok if I substitute the chord you have as G(3) to use the g in the 7th fret on the C string too? (Offhand I have no idea what that turns it into name wise. I’m happy with G(3) for now.)

In measure 31 it sounds pretty cool to me, to play that G there, instead of the low G because of the higher notes he was wrapping it up with.

Andrew
    Keymaster

@becky7777 – Yes!

becky7777
    Participant

Thank you 😁

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 309 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.