Participate in the November 2019 Member Challenge – 2nd Chance to WIN Kanile'a!

Home Page Forums Monthly Member Challenges Participate in the November 2019 Member Challenge – 2nd Chance to WIN Kanile'a!

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 309 total)
  • Author
    cauer2

Hey Holly,
    I like my uke too. I am super excited though, as I am expecting a new Pono delivered tomorrow. I had it set up low G. Can’t wait to get my hands on it.

Andrew
    Keymaster

brenna – I like the dominant lick at the end, nice touch! I also dig the ritardando going into the strum section. Your performance was really good, the only thing that stood out to me was the transition going back into the fingerpicked section, felt a bit laggy. I’d also suggest keeping the ending lick a little more consistent in timing/rhythm. To me, I’m hearing a fermata on the last chord hit followed by that lick, but played in a steady tempo. Let me know if that makes sense, if not I can record a video demoing how I hear it.

holly1 – Dang, Holly! Super clean playing! Excellent job with bringing the melody note out in the strumming section. Keep up the great work!

stinyuke – Well done, Christina! The only thing that stood out to me was that you rushed into the strumming section. So you just want to hold out that last hit longer, while the pick up note falls on the last beat.

As far as your question, hang tight because we’re releasing a course on harmonics the first week of January; and I actually answer what you asked in exceptionally nerdy detail LOL.

brenna
    Participant

Ciao Andrew!!
    You’re right. I’i fix it.
    See you soon
    Ciao

rickeymike
    Participant

Another good one, Steeny!

holly1

@Andrew Thanks for the kind praise, it means so much. I did actually try to accentuate the melody notes so I am glad you noticed. These challenges are such a great tool to keep us moving forward and challenging ourselves. Thanks again to rc101, couldn’t do it without ya, and may have even given up (gasp!). So glad to have all the ‘non-singing’ options here. I can’t wait to see our choices are for december! Until then I am currently trying to learn the clawhammer technique that I stumbled across, wish me luck!

stinyuke

Thanks Andrew for the feedback! Wow so i’m looking forward to the course! It sounds like it contains everything i want to learn next on the ukulele playing.

Thank you Rickey! 🙂

Andrew
    Keymaster

@holly1 – My pleasure! You did so well 🙂 And, actually we are working on a course for clawhammer. The plan is to release it mid January. We picked some fun, catchy bluegrass tunes for it!

holly1

@Andrew Great! I’m in! I love the bluegrass sound. Looking forward to the course. Once again rc101 has my back! <3

jinajupiter
    Participant

Cool looking forward to new course 🙂

willymac
    Participant

Here’s my entry for the November 2019 challenge. I thought I was doing ok until the end when I was apparently overcome with the desire to repeatedly play the wrong string. Unfortunately I can’t record again until after Thankshiving, so I figured I’d enter this and then replace it after Thanksgiving if I have time. It was a wonderful arrangement. Thanks for teaching it to us. That’s my 2nd favorite Elvis tune. My favorite is Return to Sender. Although it has a cool bass line so you have to use counterpoint they do for Bach’s Bourree

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER

suesbarn
    Participant

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER

Here is my November Challenge: “I Can’t Help Falling in Love”

Recording question – I recorded with an iphone 7 – no additional mic, using Garage Band. I tried to turn off the filters, tuning, etc, but it still sounds really weird – not at all like in person. Any thoughts of a cheap way to record better?

Can’t Help Falling in Love

robinboyd
    Participant

@suesbarn – How does it sound weird? It sounds OK to me. Not like when @lyndallk was having issues with recording.

rickeymike
    Participant

Sue, I thought it sounded very good like a studio recording. I heard a strange noise at 1:23 but sounded like a technical “beep”.

lisadmh
    Participant

You did a great job!

I hear what you’re saying though. I find the same thing with my recordings. They sound harsh and over recorded, not as smooth as they sound live, or at least in my head. I bought a cheap Mic for my phone and it didn’t help. I’d love to hear cheap recording ideas.

suesbarn
    Participant

Thanks all. I guess I still here Twang and Warble (c)2019 🙂
    Maybe it is me, it just doesn’t sound at all like I hear in person.

Lisa, I had also tried a cheap microphone, but it didn’t help, actually made it worse.

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 309 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.