Participate in the November 2022 Member Challenge – WIN $6,000 Kanile’a

Home Page Forums Monthly Member Challenges Participate in the November 2022 Member Challenge – WIN $6,000 Kanile’a

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 179 total)
  • Author
    june2020

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER
    Luigi’s Mansion theme. Had fun learning this one!

• This reply was modified 1 year, 4 months ago by june2020.
    suekulele
    Participant

@andrew – thank you so much for the wonderful encouragement! You made my day! 🙂

sarahd
    Participant

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER

First time playing with a backing track but I figured Song of Storms was a good one to start with! I think I need not only new strings but also a better phone for Christmas, this one is beginning to die on me (or maybe it’s just had enough of recording thousands of takes!) 😀

Anyway, here ’tis…

jayton
    Participant

Hi,

Loved the challenge, especially playing to a backingtrack and the editing =).
    Even with an easier song it is really getting used to. I had a rushed start but think I settled a bit afterwards

Premium Member
    Looking forward to December’s challenge!

Regards, Jay

lyndallk
    Participant

Premium member

Just in the nick of time – here’s my version of Zelda’s Lullaby. Luckily its still yesterday in the USA, so I can still submit this in time for this month’s challenge. I’m really enjoying people’s entries.

janaq1
    Participant

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER

Hi everybody!
    It is pleasure to watch and listen all your submissions.
    I have chosen Zelda’s Lullaby as this month’s challenge. I don’t know The Legends of Zelda, but this tune and its arrangement is beautiful.

pika80019
    Participant

I am a premium member, and I choose Great Fairy Fountain from Zelda as my chance to win that beautiful Uke!!!

Wish everyone has a great day😊

nosferatu

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER

Hi,

this is the best I could do for the time I had to practice it 🙂 Thanks for feedback.

cimarronsailor
    Participant

I am a premium member.

Any tips on intonation appreciated.

mkstewart67
    Participant

I am a Premium Member.

Well this sure was a fun one, having not ever played or heard of these games/songs before. Your arraignments are so great to learn and play! Thank You so much for the Challenge, instruction and support as well.
    It is the best to hear and see everyone learning and improving each month. I love the song choices and the challenge to keep getting better. I continue to work on my timing and trying to press harder on the strings, striving for that Clear Note! I am realizing I need more Strength in my Fingers for that. might need to add in some Hand exercises.
    Here is my take on Great Fairy Fountain.

Great Job Everyone and keep going!

sir_anzalot
    Participant

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER

Hey everyone! Though I originally wanted to do a lot more than what I ended up recording I finally have a submission ready. I actually learned all three of the Zelda Songs this month but seem to have overdid it a bit with that. My fretting index is now quite strained and so I had to choose one song to record instead of the whole medley I had planned out. I guess recording all of it in one take would have been a nightmare so I settled for just the one instead and now I am happy I did because I barely made it through that recording session with an accaptable take. Anyway, props @brettboy for his medley and thanks @andrew for the piano clip though I didn’t end up using it – I might still when I got time on my hands and had the chance to recover some index stamina. Hope you enjoy my take on Zeldas Lullaby 🙂

• This reply was modified 1 year, 4 months ago by sir_anzalot.
    Andrew
    Keymaster

Here’s everyone on page 8 we hadn’t gotten to.

@dividedsky
    – Beautiful playing, Jane! Sounds like the last melody needs just a little more practice to smooth out and bring up to tempo.

@krajisunny
    – Beautifully played, Sunny!

@robinboyd
    – Bravo Tiff & Robin! Lovely duet and I dig the tone of the keys! Works well for this tune 🙂

@marlongas
    – Congrats on learning 2 songs! GFF was beautifully played, keep up the great work!

Andrew
    Keymaster

Friendly Reminder – The deadline for receiving feedback and an entry into the giveaway is tonight at 11:59 PM EST (check your local time zone).

jody_hendrickson
    Participant

Here is my attempt at Great Fairy Fountain. It was pretty challenging technically for me, and I ran out of time to actually try and make it sound musical :). Thanks everyone for your inspiring entries!

I am a premium member.

concan
    Participant

I am a premium member.

This month I decided to play Song of Storms.
    I wanted to do this with playing the piano, but I wasn‘t able to bring the two videos together because of too little computer skills. Well, next time.
    I struggled a bit with the Dm barrèe, the strings sounded not always clear.

Have a nice evening

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 179 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.