Participate in the November 2022 Member Challenge – WIN $6,000 Kanile’a

Home Page Forums Monthly Member Challenges Participate in the November 2022 Member Challenge – WIN $6,000 Kanile’a

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 179 total)
  • Author
    kanae926
    Participant

@mark65536 – I don’t know how you made that video, but it was epic. Thanks for making it! Now…can you give a lesson on how you make your cool videos? Inquiring minds want to know. 😂

Andrew
    Keymaster

@mark65536 – DUDE! That was so cool! Def gonna share on our social media this week 🙂

@rebeca
    & @katazumiri – Gorgeous playing ❤️

leb397
    Participant

@mark65536 that was amazing. This group keeps raising the bar. And yes, need some recording lessons/ forum called tricks! So enjoyable.

mueleski
    Participant

That was great, good playing and great video.

mark65536
    Participant

@Andrew – sweet, thanks!

@kanae926
    , @leb387 – thank you :-). For most videos I pretty much use Andrew’s recommendations in the recording course – https://rockclass101.com/ultimate-guide-recording-ukulele/

For this video I found some software that does the hard work of creating vintage Zelda style games: https://solarus-games.org/ – if anyone else wants to give this a go I’ll happily give some pointers

ldarrow
    Participant

Given my age, I am sure that most would be shocked at the fact that I have played both Zelda and Animal Crossing New Horizon. I began playing animal crossing with my daughter (me Southern Hemisphere and her northern so that we could visit and trade items) at the same time I started ukulele. At that time I tried to learn the song but found it too difficult for my very beginner skills. So, I am attempting it again, in the hopes that my skills have improved enough to handle it. Still finding it a challenge. It is deceptively difficult. The stretches are the most difficult task for me right now, but hoping I will have it all together by the end of the month.

ukealori
    Participant

Hi @Andrew.
    I want to try my hand at recording Song of Storms using the backing track this month. Using an accompaniment track is something new for me so I thought it would be a great challenge to add to my skill set. I tried to search your forums and didn’t have any luck. Is there a “How to” video, or instructions as far as recording? Do I just have the backing track playing in the room as I record so my phone video captures it all live? or is there a better way to include it?

I have seen others using headphones, but haven’t yet learned how to edit and video mix…

I’m ready for any suggestions! 🙂 Thanks in advance

Andrew
    Keymaster

@ukealori – A lot of folks like to keep it simple. They sit their phone close to the speaker(s) of the device their using. When you hit play, there’s a 2 bar count in, so you should have plenty of time to get situated 🙂

ukealori
    Participant

@andrew, Thank you! I have watched your lessons on recording with mics, lighting etc, with Ableton and Powerdirector, but haven’t taken that plunge yet. No pick up in my Uke…

Enjoy your week!

shmu88
    Participant

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER

Hi all!
    Here’s my attempt at Zelda’s Lullaby
    I just looove this month’s theme and I would be thrilled if more video game’s/movie’s song lessons were coming.

Cheers 🙂

sir_anzalot
    Participant

Your video was so freakin cool again @mark65536 I thoroughly enjoyed that as a die hard Zelda fan! I hope you’re aware that you’ve set quite the standard for yourself to live up to with those latest works of yours 😀

I won’t be cheap and copy your approach but thank you for posting the Software anyway. Champ move!

ukandoit

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER.

one of the first song I learnt on RC101, so I’m happy to play it again 🙂

Andrew
    Keymaster

@shmu88 & @ukandoit – Beautiful playing, guys 🙂

dianna
    Participant

Quick question….any thoughts on using low g uke on Zelda’s Lullaby?

Andrew
    Keymaster

Dianna, if you watch @ukandoit’s video above, he played it on low G. There’s a few notes that will sound a little off, but for the most part it works 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 179 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.