Participate in the November 2022 Member Challenge – WIN $6,000 Kanile’a

Home Page Forums Monthly Member Challenges Participate in the November 2022 Member Challenge – WIN $6,000 Kanile’a

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 179 total)
  • Author
    gisele

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER

My November entry. Still in the very beginner phase, but considering I had little time to practice as I was away for work most of November (missed my ukelele terribly!) it seems I’m still improving, little by little. Thanks Andrew and Rockclass101!

erin99
    Participant

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER
    I decided to play Animal crossing for this month’s challenge. This melody is so cute!! I picked Smiger high G ukulele to make sweet sound for my performance. I changed the strumming pattern and slide from D flat to A flat on bar 8, because the distance is too far for me.

Here is the entry-

• This reply was modified 1 year, 4 months ago by erin99.
    yukalele
    Participant

Andrew,

Once again, many thanks for the personal feedback – always appreciated.

David

The_Bumble_Bard
    Participant

Thank you kindly for the feedback, @Stephen! I was just horsin’ around with the “imaginary frets,” but I’ll practice more on the actual frets of my concert uke going forward. And work on the chord transitions. Thank ye! 😊

dianna
    Participant

Thank-you @Stephen….even tempo seems to be my nemesis….that will be my goal for the December piece

lbilkie
    Participant

Thank you for the feedback @Stephen. It is always appreciated to know what to work on!

rafaela
    Participant

@Stephen Thank you for your kind feedback! I really enjoyed playing Zelda’s Lullaby, it has become one of my favourite songs 🙂

richard_siegert
    Participant

Hello everybody,

here is my record of Great Fairy Fountain. I really like this song and it made me play Zelda: Ocarina of time on my 3DS again :D. It was more difficult than I had expected tho. It is still too slow unfortunately, but I will continue practicing this song for sure!

See you next time.

richo_uke
    Participant

I am a premium member

Hello Andrew, hello RockClass members,

at first I tried to learn „Great Fairy Fountain“ which I really love a lot but I didn‘t have enough time this month, so I had to change to „Song of storms“ which was more convient to me as it is a Level 1 melody.
    I must say that it was a real pleasure for me to play to a backing track again. It now was the second time ever and I know that I still have to improve, but for me – I was happy with my result.
    Andrew, I really want to thank you for your kind feedback on last months „Haunted uke“. I didn‘t expect your feedback to be so positive… so thank you very much.
    Looking forward to the december challenge and hope that I can join again

• This reply was modified 1 year, 4 months ago by richo_uke.
    biancak
    Participant

I am a premium member

4 weeks of no uke, healing time for the fingers. Was happy to find this piece didn’t need the pinky…

olemartin
    Participant

Thanks, @Andrew.

Ole Martin

ldarrow
    Participant

@andrew thanks for the feedback and for pointing out the lesson on increasing my reach.. I have already looked at it and it will definitely become a part of my warm up for practice. I see this not only helping me with stretch but also with strengthening my pinky finger, which is weak. especially on the G and C strings. Thanks again for all of the wonderful lessons and helpful comments. You are an excellent teacher.

karenj
    Participant

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER

Here is my November challenge submission of Great Fairly Fountain. It was a fun song to learn and a great lesson. I wish you all a happy holiday season, no matter what or how you celebrate.

I am sorry if this is a duplicate. But my Internet has been wonky and I don’t think my last posting went through.

Take care,
    Karen

ukulelee
    Participant

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER

Thank you Steven and Andrew for this lovely arrangement. It is still a work in progress to smooth out the bumps and get it up to tempo but it been great fun learning this so far.

Cheers!

joannetala

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER

This is my November entry. I didn’t have a lot of time to practice. I took a screenshot of the image from Matt’s video. Hope it’s okay to use it here.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 4 months ago by joannetala.
    • This reply was modified 1 year, 4 months ago by joannetala.
Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 179 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.