Participate in the November 2022 Member Challenge – WIN $6,000 Kanile’a

Home Page Forums Monthly Member Challenges Participate in the November 2022 Member Challenge – WIN $6,000 Kanile’a

Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 179 total)
  • Author
    leslieb
    Participant

I am a premium member.

This month I worked on Animal Crossing.

santai
    Participant

Great Fairy Fountain it is! 😊

I am a premium member.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 4 months ago by santai.
    • This reply was modified 1 year, 4 months ago by santai.
    jlbross
    Participant

I am a premium member. I chose Song of Storms. Still need to get the first barre chord to ring a clearer. It is a bit twangy. LOL.

dermango
    Participant

Hi, i’m premium member.

Got little issues in private life this month and had only 5 evenings to practise Zelda’s Lullaby… Full of errors and hadn’t time to practise some harmonics in there what i wanted to… Anyways here is this version :

• This reply was modified 1 year, 4 months ago by dermango.
    addilein
    Participant

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER

Here comes Zelda, Song of Storms

Andrew
    Keymaster

Here’s everyone on page 9.

@gisele
    – Excellent playing and timing! You had a very creative work around for the barre chord, but I’d encourage you to work on barring. It’s a very useful skill to develop.

@erin99
    – Great playing throughout! I like the adaptation you made for those two bars, but it does introduce an extra note as you slide up. So from a rhythmic perspective, it’s a little confusing.

The stretches that Matt plays are definitely tough, check out this lesson for help with increasing left hand reach.

@richard_siegert
    – Beautiful playing and your form looks great too! Sounds like a little bit more practice will smooth out the second and third Melody.

Double check the last bar, that first harmonic should be the 2nd fret on A. Overall, you did a great job! Keep up the good work 🙂

@richo_uke
    – My pleasure on the previous feedback! You did a great job this month too. I will say that the second time through was a better take. You held the notes out through their entire duration on the second take. That didn’t happen a couple time on the first go-around.

So I just want to point it out as something to be aware of. And that’s why I love recording and listening back. It helps us catch the little things and know where to target our practice.

@biancak
    – Beautifully played 🙂

@karenj
    – Beautiful playing 🙂

@ukulelee
    – Your playing sounds beautiful. I would do exactly as you said, focus mainly on increasing tempo from here. Keep up the great work and thank you for the kind words Leone!

@joannetala
    – If that’s speed learned, I’m impressed! Great playing!

digbybare
    Participant

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER.

I think I bit off a bit more than I could chew with this one. It’s nowhere near where I was hoping it’d be, but oh well. It was a lot of fun to learn, with so many new elements I hadn’t really tried before (big stretches, barre chords, a lot of movement all over the neck, strumming only a subset of strings).

I think I’ve gotten better at holding the uke (thanks Andrew for the videos last time!), it didn’t feel like it was falling, even when I was standing, and even with all the left hand movement. Hope I can continue to get away with not having to use a strap. 😝

kdeacon7

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER

Okay, NOT my best, but I did memorize this time. The osteoarthritis makes electric shocks in my fingers (and spine) but hey, it is the uke that counts here! I could not get a bar-cord due to swelling. Nonetheless, I made it work! A buzzing string and a few timing issues, but I LOVE the song! Thank you. (I can still play Blackbird, and better than before) The bar-cords hurt if I’m in a flair up. Love the challenges, and it’s really been a big help in my intermediate level play : )

omaon4

I am a premium member😊
    Omaon4

lynettejd
    Participant

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER

• This reply was modified 1 year, 4 months ago by lynettejd.
    felixhchan
    Participant

My entry for the November 2022 member challenge: Animal Crossing New Horizons theme. I am a premium member.

uku241
    Participant

I missed a couple of challenge months because I dropped my Ukulele and it broke 🙁

A little out of practice so I went with an easy choice………and it was fun to do with piano!

uku241
    Participant

Oops…I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER

k_ra11
    Participant

I’M A PREMIUM MEMBER

What a great challenge!

sarrafina
    Participant

I am a Premium Member

This month I did Luigi’s Mansion Theme. The most challenging part was the 16th notes and it was fun to learn.

Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 179 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.