Participate in the November 2022 Member Challenge – WIN $6,000 Kanile’a

Home Page Forums Monthly Member Challenges Participate in the November 2022 Member Challenge – WIN $6,000 Kanile’a

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 179 total)
  • Author
    rebeca
    Participant

@Andrew: Thank you! 🙂

Happy of beeing part of this talented community.
    Enjoying every entry.

zongozongo

It’s Fairy time for me 🙂

I am a PREMIUM member.

Happy playing,
    Nicolas

misterbones
    Participant

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER

Here’s yet another Zelda’s lullaby. Ok, moving on to the Waltz of the Flowers. I have a feeling it might be one of the selections in the December challenge 🙂

mark65536
    Participant

@sir_anzalot nice one, thanks! I’ve just seen @jinajupiter’s video of Stairway fron June 2020 – there’s a way to go before reaching that standard I think

lhamilton
    Participant

Hi,

This month I worked in Zelda’s Lullaby —

I really enjoyed this arrangement. My dogs did too — there was a dog sleeping on the floor at my feet as I played.

Linda
    I am a Premium Member.

laurakarr12
    Participant

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER
    Song Of Storms

Andrew
    Keymaster

@zongozongo – Very beautiful playing! The only thing I would suggest is working on some of the subtleties like eliminating unwanted string noise when changing chords. For example, listen to the change that happens at 20 seconds in your video. Try not to lift completely off the strings. That should fix that.

Double check the measure at 1:15. Sounds like you added a few extra notes there. And at 1:29, aim to play through your mistakes instead of restarting the measure. We always want to pretend like we’re playing with a band, if we make a mistake they keep going.

@misterbones
    – Excellent playing, Michael! Very good job on the pacing!

@lhamilton
    – Beautifully played, Linda! One thing I want to point out is that it sounds like you changed the first hit of most measures to a quarter note. Try to keep the opening notes as 8ths to stay true to the original composition.

@laurakarr12
    – Wonderfully played! Great job on the timing! The only thing I’m hearing that can be worked on is that some of the notes are a little buzzy. It’s hard to diagnose as I can’t see what you’re doing, but I’d guess it’s caused by not keeping enough finger pressure held down on the note.

lhamilton
    Participant

Thanks, Andrew! Yes — I noticed the timing issue myself after I’d recorded 😀

Linda

mkstewart67
    Participant

I am a Premium Member.

So hard to pick just one song here, so Im sending Zelda’s Lullaby off early because I so want to Learn Great Fairy Fountain as well. I’ll continue to fine tune Those hard to reach high notes in the Lullaby, as I dive into the Great Fairy Fountain!!

• This reply was modified 1 year, 5 months ago by mkstewart67.
    Andrew
    Keymaster

@mkstewart67 – Beautiful playing, Melissa! And I agree, those high notes are tough to grab. Much easier with a cutaway 🙂

gmflin8
    Participant

I am a Premium Member.

Never played a computer game as a child or as an adult 😀 But I do know about super Mario and recognize Luigi’s figure, and that is about it, haha. Had to pick something close to my level, wish I had a low G but I don’t, and then I am heading to the airport for a 2-week trip for Thanksgiving. So, here is what I have recorded for this month’s challenge. A submission is better than no submission. Aloha, Grace

P.S. I also tried to create a similar thumbnail from rockclass101. I am learning uku and design 🙂

• This reply was modified 1 year, 5 months ago by gmflin8.
    leb397
    Participant

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER
    I selected Song of Storms to show my new Low G Ortega Pineapple Uke! Thanks Uke Republic – love it.

Louisa

laurakarr12
    Participant

Andrew, you are spot on with your diagnosis of my buzzy notes. It’s a pressure struggle, for sure.

mkstewart67
    Participant

Where, oh where is Brettboy??
    I so miss his tunes!

Andrew
    Keymaster

@gmflin8 – Awesome job Grace and love the graphic! Have a great trip!

@leb397
    – Beautifully played, Louisa! Excellent timing!

@mkstewart67
    – He’s practicing! If you have insta, you can follow him at: @brett_uke

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 179 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.