Participate in the November 2023 Member Challenge – WIN $935 Kanile’a

Home Page Forums Monthly Member Challenges Participate in the November 2023 Member Challenge – WIN $935 Kanile’a

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 191 total)
  • Author
    rebeca

@Mikakanemusic: Thank you!! I really appreciate your feedback and I’m excited for watching new lessons from you!.
    I rarely choose the challenge of the month based on the difficulty of the arrangement.
    I usually choose the tune i like the most. I was absolutely captivated by this one though I knew it wasn’t going to be an easy task.
    Thank you for your useful tips I’ll thake it all into account. I’ll take it up slowing down as soon as I can.
    unfortunately not only I’m a bit busy this month bot I also injured the Middle finger of my left hand and I am going to be out of uke at least until January
    I Hope I won’t forget completely the arrangement until then 🙁

@Dianna
    : @The_Bumble_Bard: Thank you! You’ re so nice!
    I admire how @The_ bumble_bard always go the extra mile with uke.
    I’m enjoying each entry.
    I’ll be here watching you all and testing my level of “ukeaholism” until I can take my uke again 🙂

• This reply was modified 5 months, 2 weeks ago by rebeca.
    anyon1
    Participant

@The_Bumble_Bard I love the clawhammer sound on the Path of the Wind. I think I like it better than the original piece! I’ve been meaning to work through the clawhammer lessons, but I haven’t gotten to it yet. Thanks for the inspiration!

@katazumiri
    The addition of the bass ukulele was great! What software are you using to get both videos displayed/synced like that?

katazumiri
    Participant

@Andrew, thank you so much!

@anyon1
    I’m using “VSDC Free Video Editor”
    In the video editor you can:
    – allocate space for the image on the screen,
    – manually move the entire video (with corresponding audio track) relative to the timeline.

About synchronization, the more rhythmically you play, the better the end result.

This time I had Matt in my headphones, that is, I was guided by the backing track. Sometimes it’s easier to play if you have a metronome in your headphones. Here you need to experiment what is more convenient for you personally.

The_Bumble_Bard
    Participant

@rebeca, thank you so much! To me, it’s easier to take a simpler arrangement and modify it than it is to learn an intermediate arrangement “as is.” I don’t know if other people feel that way. I think that makes sense because it’s the difference between having to learn exact notes in an exact way versus just making something up, the latter of which I feel like I’m better at, but more so I just love doing it and it’s exciting to me. But I also really love all the arrangements on RC101 as they are; they are amazing, they’re just harder for me to learn by following the tabs exactly. 😅 The beginner arrangements are so well constructed that it makes it easier to modify them because you know the material you’re working with is already really good.

So sorry to hear about your finger! That’s so sad. I hope it heals more quickly than you think. 😟💕

@anyon1
    , thank you so much, so glad you liked it! 😁 And very happy that it’s inspired you. You should definitely look at the course and give it a try, clawhammer is so much fun. 😊

anyon1
    Participant

Thanks for the info @katazumiri! It doesn’t look like that particular video editor is available for my device, but I see many free options. I’ll have to test out a few!

joe150
    Participant

I am a premium member

• This reply was modified 5 months, 2 weeks ago by joe150.
    Andrew
    Keymaster

@joe150 – Awesome job this month, Joe! Only thing I’d suggest is playing along with Matt in the tab player to work on keeping the tempo a little more steady. Try one melody at a time. Start with a slower tempo and work it up to speed 🙂

misterbones
    Participant

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER

I decided to tackle Howl’s Moving Caste theme this month. This also makes for a great warm-up exercise, as it really goes through all the motions, all over the fretboard. It’s one of those pieces that’s almost impossible for us mere mortals to get one complete playthrough down without a mistake, so here’s as close as it gets for me.

rebeca

@misterbones:Wow! That blew my mind! It sounds clean and smooth and you look so calm while playing that make it look easy.

annemarie
    Participant

So beautifully played!

misterbones
    Participant

@rebeca: Thank you!

The_Bumble_Bard
    Participant

@misterbones, you captured the feeling of that one so well! Such a tricky arrangement and you nailed it! 😊

Andrew
    Keymaster

@misterbones – Wow, Michael! That was incredible and very impressive!

dianna
    Participant

@misterbones – I second @Andrews critique……Wow!

misterbones
    Participant

Thank you all, that’s very kind and means a lot to me!

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 191 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.