Participate in the October 2019 Member Challenge – WIN a CUSTOM Kanile’a!

Home Page Forums Monthly Member Challenges Participate in the October 2019 Member Challenge – WIN a CUSTOM Kanile’a!

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 303 total)
  • Author
    lisadmh
    Participant

@en_joy, I think it works. My fingers are confused but I think I’ll get this one. Thank you!!

lisadmh
    Participant

Laura, that was awesome! I’ve reached the driving people crazy stage, but I’m nowhere near the posting stage. Kudos on reaching both stages at the same time. ☺☺ Sounds great.

nthibode

Sounded great @laurasil! Are you a premium member? If so, add ‘I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER’ to your post for the extra entry!

laurasil
    Participant

@nthibode Not at the moment, I’m a college student (= no money lol) and the dollar is kind of expensive in my country. However, my birthday is coming soon so I’ll probably use that money :p and thanks!! Btw your performance was so good!

@lisadmh
    hahahaha thanks so much! I guess it’s collateral damage (sorry family)

robinboyd
    Participant

@lisadmh – Tiffany had been playing with en_joy’s fingering even before he posted his video and it works for her, but I prefer the standard fingering. With regard to not bending the strings (like Andrew mentioned) I find that I bend the strings when I end up with a death grip on the neck. If I focus on pressing down with just enough force to fret cleanly but no more than that, then it helps with that issue. It’s worth trying.

lisadmh
    Participant

Robin, the bending is definitely due to the death grip, because I’m struggling so much to get into position. I think this will work better.

nthibode

Thanks @laurasil! Ah yes, I understand. I’ve always been impressed with your submissions and more so now that I know you don’t have access to all the helpful features of the premium membership! Way to put in the work. Happy (early) birthday!

Andrew
    Keymaster

laurasil – Beautiful playing! At this point in your playing, I’d start thinking about adding accents and dynamics. Most of your playing has a very even range, but you can really make the piece pop in certain places by using either of these concepts. Check out this live lesson that Matt taught for an idea on how to incorporate this into your playing.

johanna2509
    Participant

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER (finally I can say this too 🙂 )

I know it’s not perfect, but I felt like recording today. My new uke should arrive next week, so I plan to upload a second (hopefully smoother version) in the following weeks!
    Looking forward to all submissions and halloween costumes 🙂

So here is my entry:

@nthibode
    Your entry was AMAZING! Everything was just on spot.

Andrew
    Keymaster

johanna2509 – Great job! Here is my feedback and the lesson I referenced.

ripley
    Participant

@johanna2509 – that was great! Love the decorations and costume too 🙂

johanna2509
    Participant

Thank you Andrew for your feedback video! I knew something wasn’t right with my fingerpicking, but I couldn’t tell what exactly.
    I thought the four finger approach was the reason for feeling uncomfortable, because most of the time I chose the three finger approach where I can anchor with the ring finger. Thus, the floating position was new for me.
    I’ll check out the lesson again, thank you for pointing it out!

@ripley
    thank you! I had fun decorating the piano 🙂

nthibode

Thanks Johanna 🙂 Awesome costume and nice playing!!

becky7777
    Participant

Johanna – I anchor with my arm on the side of the uke. If that makes sense? It is sort of the same as planting with your pinky, but it will feel different.

Great costume! 💖

jinajupiter
    Participant

Very Nice Johanna! Nice hat :). And new ukulele? Luna fits Halloween too. 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 303 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.