Andrew

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 1,516 through 1,530 (of 4,195 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: 9 Months Progress #48965
    Andrew
    Keymaster

    Beautifully played, bravo!

    Andrew
    Keymaster

    Here’s everyone on page 8.

    ldarrow – I definitely think she would have loved it. You played it absolutely beautifully, Linda πŸ™‚

    lisadmh – That was fantastic, Lisa! Big improvement over the drafts that I heard from you earlier this month. I think you’ve got the timing down, it sounded spot-on! Your phrasing sounds great! Which is such a big part of soloing!

    Remember, we don’t want to compare ourselves against others. Rather, we want to aim to be better than we were yesterday. Once again, the drafts I heard earlier this month compared to where you’re at now is a big improvement! Well done!

    terryfallon3 – Here’s my feedback for you πŸ™‚

    seoulkim – You’re playing sounds wonderful! But I do have two tips for you. The first one is to slow the tempo down. This is one of those songs where the music breathes and flows better at a slower pace.

    Secondly, take a moment to review this lesson. It’ll explain the difference between playing with a straight versus a swung feel. For this one, you want to play with a little bit more of that swing feel.

    henri0 – That was awesome, Rhian! I dig the upbeat tempo. Works really well with this tune πŸ™‚

    akukes73 – Very well played! So you want to double check the rhythm on some of those measures where there’s a dotted quarter note. So: 10, 12, and 14 for example.

    We naturally want to play them as all quarters. But those middle notes should last an extra eighth note (beat and a half total), with the last note being an 8th.

    bethany_guardiani – Here’s my feedback for you πŸ™‚

    simonalexander – It’s amazing how playing it with a different feel gives the arrangement such a different sound. I dig it and I love when you guys take it and make it your own πŸ™‚

    felixhchan – Awesome job! For the first measure, make sure that you’re playing that first hit as a quarter note. This measure also pops up again in the arrangement.

    I’d also recommend slowing the tempo down. This is one of those songs where the music breathes and flows better at a slower pace. You may also want to play along with Matt in the tab player. His performance will act as a guide and help keep you a bit more consistent with your timing.

    kidelozzi – Here’s my feedback for you and the lesson I referenced πŸ™‚

    lhamilton – Here’s my feedback for you πŸ™‚

    in reply to: HELLO from New England! #48943
    Andrew
    Keymaster

    Happy to have you on-board, Justin! And TY for the kind words πŸ™‚

    Andrew
    Keymaster

    @jbmills07 – No worries, I added it to your original post πŸ™‚

    in reply to: October Contest Challenge #48934
    Andrew
    Keymaster
    Andrew
    Keymaster

    Here’s everyone on Page 6 and 7.

    rafaela – Elegantly played, absolutely beautiful πŸ™‚

    joe150 – Great job, Joe! I’d like you to try playing along with Matt in the tab player. That should help keep you in time. Try 4 bar sections at a time and build it from there.

    patricia81 – Well done! So I’m hearing a little bit of hesitation in some sections. But it sounds like something that can be fixed with a little bit more practice. So I’d listen back to your performance and target your practice in the areas where you’re hearing pauses.

    whollyprofit – Your feel at the end of the pre-chorus going into the chorus is amazing! Great playing and singing all around πŸ™‚

    mademoiselleannette – This is the best performance I’ve heard from you, Annette! Beautiful playing with accents, dynamics, & rubato. Well done, keep up the great work!

    clempek – Excellent playing! But I do have one suggestion. Try slowing the tempo down a little bit. This is one of those pieces where the music breathes and flows the best at a slow pace.

    in reply to: Link not working for me #48919
    Andrew
    Keymaster

    I see what happened. If you post 2 links or 2 videos in a single post, it gets stuck in spam. We have spam protection for the forum, but it can be way too aggressive sometimes!

    in reply to: October Contest Challenge #48876
    Andrew
    Keymaster

    That feature isn’t built into the forum, but there could be an aftermarket plugin that implements it. I’ll add it to my list of things to look into πŸ™‚

    in reply to: Hello from Southampton, England #48813
    Andrew
    Keymaster

    Happy to have you here, Paul! And thank you for the kind words πŸ™‚

    in reply to: Aloha from Kona #48787
    Andrew
    Keymaster

    Welcome, @kpurdy! Glad to have you on-board! I’m excited to watch your performance πŸ™‚

    in reply to: Hello From Upstate NY #48696
    Andrew
    Keymaster

    Welcome, @lynnzo! Glad to have you on-board. I look forward to watching your performance in the October Challenge πŸ™‚

    in reply to: Slap vs Chuck / I’m Yours #48665
    Andrew
    Keymaster

    The chorus uses Matt’s chunking method for the first hit. The second hit is a muted up strum, although I only hit the A string when I come up. But you can hit more or all strings.

    This video breaks down what’s happening in that section:

    If you want to make it easier, you could replace the chunk with a muted down strum.

    Slap, chunk, chuck, backbeat are interchangeable – they all mean the same thing. And Matt is correct, there is no upward chuck.

    in reply to: Moondance #48660
    Andrew
    Keymaster

    Thanks for the kind words, Ole Martin πŸ™‚

    in reply to: Beginner’s Course request #48659
    Andrew
    Keymaster

    Update! Looks like I have the ability to reset students. You should be good to start again πŸ™‚

    in reply to: Moondance #48657
    Andrew
    Keymaster

    I know he’s got a lesson for it on his channel, but I’m not sure if it’s the same bass line.

Viewing 15 posts - 1,516 through 1,530 (of 4,195 total)