Andrew

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 1,996 through 2,010 (of 4,195 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: Freight train #41231
    Andrew
    Keymaster

    Sounds great, Joel! I still play that one from time to time, such a fun melody 🙂

    Andrew
    Keymaster

    @henri0 – Well done! I agree, performance had a great feel! Keep up the good work 🙂


    @rebeca
    – bravo on the right hand technique! That was a great performance! I’d say practice a bit slower to help clean up your playing before trying that tempo, but you’re on the right path!

    in reply to: Music file in addition to Tabs file? #41226
    Andrew
    Keymaster

    Hi Pat, unfortunately that’s something we probably won’t do as our current setup (with Soundslice) keeps everything on RC101. Take a look at this page for an overview of how to use all of the features in Soundslice. It’s a fantastic tool 🙂

    in reply to: Malagueña #41204
    Andrew
    Keymaster

    Your take had a great feel, I think you’re being too hard on yourself. We all tend to be, at least I am LOL

    Andrew
    Keymaster

    @mark1256 – That was a great take, Mark! I love that you used the right hand technique! Check out the video feedback I left above for @effortless. It’s got some tips for increasing sustain.

    in reply to: Malagueña #41197
    Andrew
    Keymaster

    Bravo, Brian! That was very well played. Honestly, the only suggestion I have is to try to smooth out that 4 bar transition that leads into theme 2. Evan kept it pretty steady, but you could do a gradual rit. and fermata – that would sound cool too!

    Andrew
    Keymaster

    @godmustbecrazy – well done and I fixed your video for you. In the future, all you have to do is paste the url in its own line, like:

    YouTube Link

    And it will self-embed.

    As for the performance, my one suggestion for you is to lighten up your right hand attack. A lighter strum/pluck will produce a softer, sweeter tone.

    in reply to: Stranger Things Theme #41194
    Andrew
    Keymaster

    3 lines signifies a 32nd note tremolo, 2 lines would be 16th, and 1 line is 8th.

    Andrew
    Keymaster

    @effortless – Well done! Here’s my feedback you 🙂


    @shmu88
    – I’d struggle moving from form 1 to 2 on that song too. For my playing style and what I would do, I’d stay in form 2 throughout all of it. That’s the only way I’d be able to maintain neck stability. Try that and if you struggle, post a video and I’ll see if I can help troubleshoot.

    in reply to: New joiner from London, UK #41178
    Andrew
    Keymaster

    Welcome, Marco! Glad to have you on-board 🙂

    Andrew
    Keymaster

    @mozcyc – Well played! Here’s one tip: Try to keep your pinky floating above the neck so that it’s ready to be used if needed. It should look this:

    null

    For example, if you watch your performance in the G7 chord section, you’ll see that it is tucked beneath the neck, which limits mobility if it’s needed.

    in reply to: Stranger Things Theme #41163
    Andrew
    Keymaster

    I notated it as a tremolo, but it’s not really that. To be honest, I’m not sure if/what the proper terminology is for the opening vamp on that chord.

    in reply to: Official RC101 Song Request List #41121
    Andrew
    Keymaster

    Wow, that was incredible! Thx for sharing/requesting it Robin!

    Andrew
    Keymaster

    Overall, we had 47 members participate in this month’s challenge! And I’ve got to give each and every one of you a big round of applause! Everyone played so well and it was amazing to see/hear so many original compositions. 🙂

    So without further ado, the winner of the Islander Super Concert Ukulele is:

    null

    null

    Our October Challenge is LIVE and it’s your first chance to WIN an $1,800 Kanile’a Ukulele! Hope to see each and every one of you in the October Challenge: https://rockclass101.com/october-2020-challenge

    —-

    Here is the last of the feedback that we hadn’t gotten to yet:


    @anne_cote
    – very impressive for 3 days! Well done! My only critique is to slow the tempo down, this is a song where you want the music to “breathe”, so to speak.


    @morrieuke1
    – beautiful phrasing, Michael! I’m a little bit envious of your take on the B Melody. I made this video for Daniel yesterday talking about how I missed the mark a bit in my performance for that section. And the way that you played it was exactly how I wanted mine to sound. Bravo!


    @turkgoose
    – excellent playing overall! Couple little pauses here and there that you want to target your practice on, but here’s the big one that I’ve heard a couple people struggle with:

    And it’s the hardest part of this song IMO. Compare the first bar of theme 1 to theme 2. Look at the end of it, in theme 1 the pick up starts on beat 4 and in theme 2 it starts before beat 4. The latter feels very unnatural, b/c it’s quite syncopated. Double check the lesson video for that part, I remember going over it quite a bit cause it’s tricky.


    @funtime2018
    – I like it, it’s a cute song. Keep writing!


    @henri0
    – nice composition! Sounds like something you can play outside on a nice relaxing sunny day 🙂


    @emiliano
    – wonderfully played! I really like the subtle changes you through in, like sliding up on the diminished licks in theme 1 and the change in the walk-down on theme 2. Keep up the great work!


    @themccoys
    – Here’s my suggestion for you. And here is the lesson I referenced.


    @lissid
    – well done, I think that song is at a good level to challenge where you’re at in your playing! And I thought you played it very well. I do have 1 suggestion, which is to break it into little sections and focus on mastering that before trying to tackle the entire song. Focus on keeping the flow steady.


    @santai
    
 – congrats, Marvin! I’m happy for you and the song is absolutely beautiful. Hope you write more 🙂


    @mac1984
    – well done! I thought you did a great job. Don’t forget to lift the (right hand) index finger up after you do the harmonic so that the string resonates.

    Andrew
    Keymaster

    @oldan_ – Well done! Here are my thoughts for you 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 1,996 through 2,010 (of 4,195 total)