Forum Replies Created
-
AuthorPosts
-
July 17, 2020 at 8:29 pm in reply to: Participate in the July 2020 Member Challenge β Theme: Vintage Tunes! #39683
AndrewKeymaster@brettboy – I love the melodic & percussive changes you threw in there AND the vocal! Great idea and so much fun to watch! Will def share this performance on our social. Bravo π
@lisamcc – WOW! Your speed is amazing Lisa, well done! I only have one tiny suggestion, which is to work on getting the outer string (1 and 4) melody notes to pop more in the split stroke section.You may wanna recap Chris’s lesson on that from our Strumming Course.
It’s more of a “stick your index out like it’s a pick” technique over a traditional strumming technique.
July 16, 2020 at 4:09 pm in reply to: Participate in the July 2020 Member Challenge β Theme: Vintage Tunes! #39651
AndrewKeymaster@pippin105 – Glad to hear you are enjoying the lessons! π
@milana – I use Aquila. I like them a lot! They last a long time and sound great IMO.
@turkgoose – I thought you did great with the rhythm! Everything was played with the correct rhythms. I think, maybe the issue is that you have the first theme down at a much quicker tempo than the others. From what I heard, I think it’s just a matter of time and continual practice until you get the others to match the first. So, I’d say: keep up the great work!! It sounds awesome and you’ve got the playful feel of the tune down, which is a big part of that song!
AndrewKeymasterCheck these guys out. It’s from the same folks that run Drumeo – one of the best Drum learning sites & communities π
But, I haven’t looked through it, so not sure how similar or not it is to us.
AndrewKeymasterNice job, Rickey! And nice shirt, too π
AndrewKeymaster@smokealot – Sorry, I must have missed this video. Everything sounds normal π
@johnnyrotten – Yes, you will make contact with the metal fret. The key thing is the quickness and preciseness of the tap. It should be dead on and happen within half a second.July 12, 2020 at 2:35 pm in reply to: Participate in the July 2020 Member Challenge β Theme: Vintage Tunes! #39545
AndrewKeymaster@pippin105 – Your video is set to private, can you make it public?
@yukalele – It’s actually the Porsche logo. They look very similar tho π I wear the hat a lot in my vids too. Guess you could say I’m a bit of a fan boy LOL
AndrewKeymasterWelcome, Bob! That’s a great idea for a low g blues tune! I’ll keep it in mind π
July 9, 2020 at 10:59 am in reply to: Participate in the July 2020 Member Challenge β Theme: Vintage Tunes! #39479
AndrewKeymaster@schaap123 – Well done! I’d recommend slowing the tempo down the first time through to match the the other ones. The others were well paced and playful sounding, which is perfect for this tune π
July 8, 2020 at 7:56 pm in reply to: Participate in the July 2020 Member Challenge β Theme: Vintage Tunes! #39476
AndrewKeymaster@shmu88 – that was awesome! Great feel overall π Keep working on the ending, but I’d also suggest working on getting the outer string (1 and 4) melody notes to pop more in the split stroke section.
You may wanna recap Chris’s lesson on that from our Strumming Course.
July 8, 2020 at 6:54 pm in reply to: July 11, 2020 β Live Lesson Topic: High G vs. Low G Ukulele #39471
AndrewKeymasterHeads up: We’re doing Saturday this month at 12pm EST π
July 7, 2020 at 7:56 pm in reply to: Participate in the July 2020 Member Challenge β Theme: Vintage Tunes! #39446July 7, 2020 at 1:08 pm in reply to: Participate in the July 2020 Member Challenge β Theme: Vintage Tunes! #39436
AndrewKeymaster@rucha11 – well done! Sounds great π One tip, try not to pull the strings down when you fret notes. For example, if you pause your video at 12 seconds, you’ll see the C strings is pulled down quite a bit. This causes the note to sound sharp. Try to keep the strings parallel at all times.
For the ending tap harmonic, you need to do a quick tap. Check out the video I left above to see this demonstrated/explained. But, I’d recommend starting out by learning to tap single note harmonics instead of chords.
You can learn to do single note tapped harmonics in Module 3, Unit 2 of our Harmonics Course.
July 7, 2020 at 12:09 am in reply to: Participate in the July 2020 Member Challenge β Theme: Vintage Tunes! #39431
AndrewKeymasterMy pleasure!
July 6, 2020 at 2:14 pm in reply to: Participate in the July 2020 Member Challenge β Theme: Vintage Tunes! #39425
AndrewKeymaster@cncamacho – well done! I’d sub out that tapped harmonic-chord for the same single note harmonic that you play earlier in the tune. But, overall sounds awesome!!
@qiuyan – Here’s my feedback for you and the lesson I referenced.
@elixir123 – Wow! That was awesome, Elixir! π -
AuthorPosts
