Forum Replies Created
-
AuthorPosts
-
AndrewKeymasterHi Emil, I don’t think that’s something we’d create a lesson on. But, it is something Stephen could help you with in a Skype lesson.
February 17, 2020 at 6:45 pm in reply to: Participate in the February 2020 Member Challenge β Technique Toolbox Courses! #35735
AndrewKeymaster@smokealot – Wonderfully played and well phrased! Def gonna share this in our email this week π
AndrewKeymasterFor something that high, I’d try this fingering: middle for G, barre with index and ring for A. Should make it easier, but you’re really fighting against the edge of the body/lack of space. A cutaway would make it much easier.
February 16, 2020 at 4:14 pm in reply to: Participate in the February 2020 Member Challenge β Technique Toolbox Courses! #35716February 16, 2020 at 11:51 am in reply to: Participate in the February 2020 Member Challenge β Technique Toolbox Courses! #35710
AndrewKeymaster@annemarie – You can def slow it down π
February 13, 2020 at 9:53 pm in reply to: Participate in the February 2020 Member Challenge β Technique Toolbox Courses! #35695
AndrewKeymaster@andrewvh – Bravo, Andrew – that was well done! What I’ve noticed with this technique is that it’s all about articulation. You’ve definitely got the clarity and feel down in the first half, but when it starts to get more complex in the second half, it becomes a little muddy. So what I would do is slow it down and focus on getting that crisp attack throughout the last half. Keep up the great work!
@marygrace – Looks great to me, Mary Grace! Right hand form looks great and the sound is spot on for this technique. I look forward to watching the next one πFebruary 10, 2020 at 3:07 pm in reply to: Participate in the February 2020 Member Challenge β Technique Toolbox Courses! #35657
AndrewKeymaster@lisadmh – Bravo, Lisa! You’ve got it down. Great natural feel, very well played π
AndrewKeymasterThanks so much for the video, Renee! Here are my thoughts π
February 6, 2020 at 9:41 pm in reply to: Participate in the February 2020 Member Challenge β Technique Toolbox Courses! #35560
AndrewKeymaster@jinajupiter – they would be contained within the chord. They don’t always fall on string A, so it can become “blended” to the ear over typical arr. writing that usually places them there.
February 6, 2020 at 5:20 pm in reply to: Participate in the February 2020 Member Challenge β Technique Toolbox Courses! #35555
AndrewKeymaster@johanna2509 – WOW that was beautiful! I love how you paced it – it gave it a very natural feel/sound. I have no constructive feedback other than: let the last note ring out till it fades π
And the G strings harmonics sound great to me! All of them did. Well done!
AndrewKeymasterYou’ll want to resolve on the 1 chord. Just keep an eye on them – so def play from memory.
For cowboy chords – you’ve formed a habit that you’ll have to break. Try to be conscious of your hand position while playing.
AndrewKeymasterHi Becky, unfortunately this falls outside of our support scope, but it is something that Stephen could help you with in a Skype lesson.
AndrewKeymasterWell done! Here are my thoughts for you. Let me know if you have questions and here are the proper form lessons I mentioned: right hand and left hand.
February 4, 2020 at 11:50 am in reply to: Participate in the February 2020 Member Challenge β Technique Toolbox Courses! #35522
AndrewKeymasterYou’d have to reverse everything, Cory – but you already do this. I’d give it a shot.
-
AuthorPosts