Forum Replies Created
-
AuthorPosts
-
AndrewKeymasterFor that part, you want to hug the neck so that you can reach around with the thumb to lightly touch the G string to mute it.
AndrewKeymasterWhat part are you talking about, Lisa?
AndrewKeymasterOr…. Teach a member’s original arrangement if they’re game! There are some great originals in this month’s challenge. How cool would it be to teach us one of those??
@lisadmh – I totally had that idea this week too! Let me see what I can do. I also had an idea that would add a twist to it 🙂
AndrewKeymasterWelcome, Jim! Glad you found us. I’m always around if you need help on the lessons. Don’t hesitate to email or post questions on the forum 🙂
AndrewKeymasterI’d recommend using it. There will be other chords/songs you’ll play that require a similar fingering, so think of it as adding a new capability to your playing repertoire.
AndrewKeymasterHere is the lesson, folks 🙂
AndrewKeymasterHere’s my feedback 🙂
AndrewKeymasterDo you mind posting a video? I’ll be better able to help if I can see/hear how you are doing it.
AndrewKeymasterVolume doesn’t change, but timbre does change depending on picking location.
AndrewKeymaster@lhamilton – Check out this lesson, it covers single note and chord vibrato.
AndrewKeymaster5 rings quieter. I’d keep moving forward but continue to work on it.
AndrewKeymasterHi guys! People Are Strange is coming out Friday 🙂
It’s intermediate level and a lot of fun to play!
AndrewKeymasterFor finger, up and towards you. You could grow your thumb nail out and use that. That’s what I did throughout the course and if you watch Evan’s playing, he also does this.
AndrewKeymasterThanks for the kind words! Try to pluck with a finger instead of the thumb. The thumb tends to produce a softer attack then fingers.
AndrewKeymasterIt’s a roll off. Try that and if you still have trouble, post a video and I’d be happy to take a look and make sure form is correct.
-
AuthorPosts