Forum Replies Created
-
AuthorPosts
-
AndrewKeymasterMost adults play tenor ukes, but I’d recommend trying all sizes and picking the one you like. I play concerts.
The harmonics should ring at a similar volume to a plucked note. Please post a video playing them so I can take a look at what’s happening and help you out π
AndrewKeymasterTechnically, C (1) is a C add 9 (D note).
C (2) is a triad, as the 7th fret is the 3rd in the chord, E.
January 19, 2020 at 2:23 pm in reply to: Participate in the January 2020 Member Challenge β Original Music! #34979January 19, 2020 at 1:10 pm in reply to: Participate in the January 2020 Member Challenge β Original Music! #34977
AndrewKeymasterI’d try to stick to an even number, but we break that rule every now and then.
January 18, 2020 at 12:40 pm in reply to: Participate in the January 2020 Member Challenge β Original Music! #34958January 14, 2020 at 12:12 pm in reply to: Participate in the January 2020 Member Challenge β Original Music! #34934
AndrewKeymaster@brettboy – Really cool composition, Brett! Good use of suspense, which ties into the title… any relation to the movie?
January 13, 2020 at 12:02 pm in reply to: Participate in the January 2020 Member Challenge β Original Music! #34910
AndrewKeymaster@annefgodfrey – That’s a beautiful melody, Anne. I think you’re brother would have loved it π
January 10, 2020 at 12:18 pm in reply to: Participate in the January 2020 Member Challenge β Original Music! #34889January 10, 2020 at 12:04 pm in reply to: Participate in the January 2020 Member Challenge β Original Music! #34888
AndrewKeymaster@lyndallk – Beautiful, Lyndall! Great connection of two themes! Love the jazzy influence in the first one π
January 9, 2020 at 8:42 pm in reply to: Participate in the January 2020 Member Challenge β Original Music! #34871
AndrewKeymaster@uku_on – well done, Caleb! Great timing – I’m really impressed with how well you did seeing as it’s your first jam track. Way to go!
I’d agree – the jumps to compensate on C are a lil crazy, but props for working around the low g hurdle π
January 7, 2020 at 10:17 pm in reply to: January 13, 2020 β Live Lesson Topic: Increasing the Sustain of Notes & Chords #34854
AndrewKeymasterIt’s coming out this Friday π
AndrewKeymasterWelcome, Dennis! Thanks for the kind words and glad to hear you are having fun! Please add that tune to our request list π
AndrewKeymasterWell done and welcome back, Sami!
January 5, 2020 at 8:33 pm in reply to: Participate in the January 2020 Member Challenge β Original Music! #34813
AndrewKeymaster@kelsey91 – not yet! Please add it to our request list π
January 3, 2020 at 6:59 pm in reply to: Participate in the January 2020 Member Challenge β Original Music! #34789
AndrewKeymaster@lyndallk – I would say at least 30-45 seconds. Don’t feel intimidated by anyone. The best advice I got for writing was this: The more you write, the better you get.
AND: Learn from as many as possible. I.E. music styles, genres, composers, diff instruments. Basically, study the greats π Tommy Emmanuel told me that in person.
-
AuthorPosts