Forum Replies Created
-
AuthorPosts
-
December 12, 2019 at 4:36 pm in reply to: Participate in the December 2019 Member Challenge – LAST CHANCE! Win Kanile’a! #34274
AndrewKeymasternthibode – Wow! what a backdrop 🙂 I loved your performance. Rhythm has the right feel with the staccato-y hits and great job on the lead and vocal!
brettboy – That was awesome! I always enjoy your montage vids 🙂 With the solo, make sure you start on beat 2; you started on 1 which put you a beat ahead on most of the licks. But overall, super fun to watch!
December 12, 2019 at 11:32 am in reply to: Participate in the December 2019 Member Challenge – LAST CHANCE! Win Kanile’a! #34259
AndrewKeymaster
AndrewKeymasterGlad you dig it, Sara! Evan wrote this one solo 🙂
I think I can make that idea work for a challenge. Stay tuned.
AndrewKeymasterThat’s awesome on OTJ. Let us know how it goes 🙂
And sorry to hear about the illness. Hope your voice improves!
December 7, 2019 at 1:15 pm in reply to: Participate in the December 2019 Member Challenge – LAST CHANCE! Win Kanile’a! #34183
AndrewKeymaster@laurakarr12 – Can you try to post again?
golf39 – That was super cool! I agree w/ @surfnrz, love the lively, upbeat feel you gave it. This is a great example of taking an arr. and making it your own! Keep up the great work 🙂
kirpuff – Great performance and love the Santa hat! It looks like you were reading as you played, so I’d recommend memorizing. Then you can focus more-so on how you are playing each section. For ex, the ending was well paced and phrased. I think if you can inject a little bit more rubato into other sections of the tune, it will increase the feeling. So that’s what I would be working on moving forward.
And thank you so kindly for you donation! Please email me and let me know the amount so I can add it to the tally 🙂
AndrewKeymasterKanni is spot on! Start w/ Learning Paths. I’d recommend creating a practice schedule that is 3 parts, for example:
1) Technique Building – For example, developing 3 and 4 finger fingerpicking. There are multiple exercises for this in our fingerpicking course.
2) Rhythmic Study – Rhythm is 1/3 of music and is almost always the part that is overlooked. Developing a good sense of rhythm and timing is best accomplished through learning to read music.
3) Songs – Pick 1 or 2 songs at a time to work on. Think of these as the cookies, they are what help to keep you motivated and having fun! Try to pick songs that reinforce the 2 other areas of your practice schedule. A good place to start is with the performance tunes contained in the courses.
December 6, 2019 at 4:19 pm in reply to: Participate in the November 2019 Member Challenge – 2nd Chance to WIN Kanile’a! #34170
AndrewKeymaster@barbecueblack – thank you! I added you to the list and wonderful playing. Keep up the good work 🙂
December 6, 2019 at 12:13 pm in reply to: Participate in the December 2019 Member Challenge – LAST CHANCE! Win Kanile’a! #34166
AndrewKeymasterplanetfink – Mouth kazzoo! I need to send this to Katie, she’d get a kick out of it! I loved it, creative intro and blended perfectly into the fingerstyle piece. Really dig how you slowed down with the last part of the tune, which added a lot to the overall emotion. Excellent job this month, Kathy!
cauer2 – Aced it, Chris! Great feel overall 🙂
December 6, 2019 at 11:15 am in reply to: Participate in the December 2019 Member Challenge – LAST CHANCE! Win Kanile’a! #34159
AndrewKeymasterRobin, I think I gave an alternative suggestion in the lesson video. Should be towards the end, when that part is covered.
December 5, 2019 at 1:38 pm in reply to: Participate in the December 2019 Member Challenge – LAST CHANCE! Win Kanile’a! #34153
AndrewKeymasterrickjava – Well done! This feedback is similar to what I left for Johanna earlier this month, which is on increasing sustain 🙂
December 5, 2019 at 1:19 pm in reply to: December 9, 2019 – Live Lesson Topic: Simplifying Arrangements #34147
AndrewKeymasterYes, it will help!
AndrewKeymasterI actually think that sounds really cool. For the 2nd half of bar 6, change the rhythms to:
3 & Triplet (8th note trip)
That will make it perfect 🙂
December 4, 2019 at 12:51 pm in reply to: Participate in the December 2019 Member Challenge – LAST CHANCE! Win Kanile’a! #34125
AndrewKeymaster@annefgodfrey – thank you so kindly for your donation, Anne! 🙂 Please email me the amount you donated so I can keep the tally up to date.
December 3, 2019 at 5:15 pm in reply to: Participate in the November 2019 Member Challenge – 2nd Chance to WIN Kanile’a! #34115
AndrewKeymasterI use to use PowerDirector for Windows. I liked it a lot and wrote a guide on how to use it for our recording course.
-
AuthorPosts