Forum Replies Created
-
AuthorPosts
-
December 20, 2019 at 7:38 pm in reply to: Participate in the December 2019 Member Challenge – LAST CHANCE! Win Kanile’a! #34446
AndrewKeymasterHere is everyone on page 11.
dal08260 – Well done! I think you’ll find this feedback interesting 🙂
ukuleleluke – That was fun to watch! You have a real cheerful vibe to your playing. The only thing I can suggest is to memorize it so you can focus 100% on how you are playing it. Keep up the great work!
peiching – Definitely not painful, quite the contrary! It was very beautiful 🙂 You have a great feel and tone. As far as that tricky transition: any time you have trouble going from one chord (or measure) to the next, apply the 3 steps from our practice guide to that section and you’ll get it down in no time! Keep up the great work!
And thank you so much for your donation! Please email me the amount so I can keep the tally up to date 🙂
joannetala – Thank you for the kind words and your continued support, Joanne! I have to say that I am very impressed with how far you’ve come with understanding rhythm and timing. I remember in previous challenges, that that was the area I recommended you work on. And it’s clear to me that you are really starting to understand duration of note values. Well done this month, keep up the great work!
mfaske – Here is my feedback for you. And here is the lesson I referred to.
December 20, 2019 at 6:52 pm in reply to: Participate in the December 2019 Member Challenge – LAST CHANCE! Win Kanile’a! #34444
AndrewKeymasterHere is everyone on page 10.
armiefox – Great job! So earlier this month I made a couple videos for members on increasing sustain. Here’s the first one and the second one. Check out those videos and see if you can apply it to your performance, especially in measures 5 and 6. Other than that, watch out for the timing. Try and play along with the tab player for that.
stfesta – Nice job! I recommend keeping the timing a little bit more consistent. Some songs lend themselves to sounding well when you speed up and slow down in sections. For example, one that comes to mind is “Malagueña”. But for this song, I think it would sound a little better with a steady and slow paced tempo.
rickeymike – Great job lining up the lyrics to the melody! I know we talked about this back and forth in email, but I really can’t tell that you even struggled with it. Major props!
turkgoose – Well played, great feel! The only critique I have is that there are a couple pauses in the music, so go back and address those spots. But overall that was awesome, keep up the great work!
dorabr – Bravo, that was an excellent first entry! If I have to really nitpick your performance, I’d say this: I want you to listen back to it and notate where the notes or chords cut short, instead of sustaining into each other. Now this doesn’t happen all the time, but at the times it did, you want to fix it by keeping finger pressure applied for the entire duration of the note value, instead of lifting up prematurely. But overall, awesome job and I look forward to watching your next one!
jonathan_gabel – Here’s my feedback for you 🙂
nosferatu – Very well played! Love the laid-back feel.
December 20, 2019 at 6:05 pm in reply to: Participate in the December 2019 Member Challenge – LAST CHANCE! Win Kanile’a! #34441
AndrewKeymaster@elixir – I’ll be working on feedback tonight 🙂 Sorry we’ve been MIA. I’ve been working on future lessons and Stephen’s out for the count… he’s got a bad bug. AJ’s gonna help out this weekend!
December 20, 2019 at 11:13 am in reply to: Participate in the December 2019 Member Challenge – LAST CHANCE! Win Kanile’a! #34429
AndrewKeymaster@smokealot – sorry! sometimes they get stuck in “needing approval”.
December 18, 2019 at 9:01 pm in reply to: Participate in the December 2019 Member Challenge – LAST CHANCE! Win Kanile’a! #34401
AndrewKeymasterYes, Mary.
December 18, 2019 at 5:28 pm in reply to: Participate in the December 2019 Member Challenge – LAST CHANCE! Win Kanile’a! #34398
AndrewKeymasterHi Mary Grace, after you upload it to YouTube, follow this step when posting it on this forum:
To post YouTube video links (in which they appear embedded on the forum), simply copy and paste the video URL in its own line. For example:
YouTube URL
AndrewKeymasterWelcome, @CedarWonder! We can def help you with that. Start here and if you ever need help on the lessons, please don’t hesitate to ask 🙂
December 14, 2019 at 1:28 pm in reply to: Participate in the December 2019 Member Challenge – LAST CHANCE! Win Kanile’a! #34315
AndrewKeymasternerdjenni – Wonderful job! Sounds great with singing on top 🙂
One thing I’d suggest is to memorize it, that way you can focus completely on your performance. But overall, it was awesome! Keep up the great work!
AndrewKeymaster
AndrewKeymasterWelcome, @travelchick! Glad you found us and we can def help you move beyond 3 chords!
Check out my reply to your other post as it suggests where to start with our lessons 🙂
AndrewKeymasterGreat question! I’d recommend starting with Learning Paths. It’s our guide that helps you answer 2 big questions:
1) Where do I start?
2) What do I work on?The second video on that page gives a run down on how to navigate the site. One of the features covered is the search bar. You can use that to find lessons that cover different topics.
With that said, the most common beginner topics are covered in our Beginner’s Course. Such as the 2 lessons you mentioned about proper holding technique.
I’m always around if you have questions too. Please don’t hesitate to ask 🙂
December 13, 2019 at 9:16 pm in reply to: Participate in the December 2019 Member Challenge – LAST CHANCE! Win Kanile’a! #34305
AndrewKeymasterDecember 13, 2019 at 4:23 pm in reply to: December 9, 2019 – Live Lesson Topic: Simplifying Arrangements #34301
AndrewKeymasterThank you so kindly, Mary Grace! Merry Christmas to you, too 🙂
December 13, 2019 at 2:09 pm in reply to: Participate in the December 2019 Member Challenge – LAST CHANCE! Win Kanile’a! #34299
AndrewKeymaster@nthibode – thank you so kindly for your generous donation 🙂
isabelm – Here is my feedback for you. And here is the lesson I referenced.
joe150 – Here is my feedback for you 🙂
jpag7242 – Here is my feedback for you; And thank you so much for your donation! Please email me with the amount so I can update the tally. And here is the lesson I referenced.
willymac – Here is my feedback for you 🙂
-
AuthorPosts