Andrew

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 2,566 through 2,580 (of 4,195 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: Triplet Etude #33072
    Andrew
    Keymaster

    That sounds really cool, Lisa! Your songwriting is improving 🙂

    in reply to: Hello from Paris #33012
    Andrew
    Keymaster

    Welcome back, Frédérica! I look forward to listening to your performance in this month’s challenge 🙂

    Andrew
    Keymaster

    My pleasure!

    Andrew
    Keymaster

    rickeymike – Here is my feedback for you 🙂

    lisadmh – Here is my feedback for you 🙂

    ripley – Beautiful playing! I think you’ve got it down really well 🙂

    One thing I’d start thinking about, is adding a little bit of dynamics to your playing. For example, playing some parts softer and others louder. Check out Matt’s live lesson from a few months ago. It provides a really good introduction to this concept.

    And I dig the shirt, but it has to be a costume 🙂

    Andrew
    Keymaster

    cyukug – Great playing! I think you have it down very well, but here is the one thing that I would be working on: Dynamics.

    When I listen back, your playing stays even throughout. Try to experiment a little bit with playing softer and louder. Did you see this video feedback I left for Robin earlier this month in this post? It’ll give you a few ideas on how to work on this and structure it.

    Last tip, keep finger pressure held down when doing the barre chord slide up to the 7th fret. Gives it a really cool sound!


    @laurasil
    – Def, nice improvement! Very pretty tone overall. 🙂

    nerdjenni – Great job for only a few days! First time through sounds great. Keep working on the second time through. And as you continue to practice, work towards memorizing it, that way you can start thinking about the subtleties in your playing; which for those of you who are reading this feedback, is the big takeaway of this lesson.

    in reply to: Hey #32843
    Andrew
    Keymaster

    Welcome, Snehit! Glad to have you on-board. I just answered your questions in the other post, which will give you a lot to work on 🙂

    in reply to: Course Navigation Suggestions #32842
    Andrew
    Keymaster

    Hey Snehit, it sounds like you are interested in transcribing. Which means, figuring out music by ear and putting it on paper, i.e. notating it. To do this, there are few areas you will need to develop:

    1) General understanding of harmony. Start with our music theory course, it will provide you with the fundamentals.

    2) General understanding of rhythm. The best way to understand how rhythm and timing connect is to learn to read standard notation. Start with our course on reading, but after that you will need to begin to learn to notate. And for this, I’d suggest picking up a copy of this book.

    3) Lastly, you’ll want to start developing your ear. The best ear training tools can be found here. Start with the interval ear trainer (bottom of page).

    4) I’d also recommend picking up a slow-down program to aid in transcribing. This is the one I use:

    Here’s the download link for Windows.
    Here’s the download link for Mac.

    in reply to: Can't help falling in love covers #32714
    Andrew
    Keymaster

    hmm it’s night time, but where are my sunglasses??? haha

    in reply to: Can’t Help Falling… #32691
    Andrew
    Keymaster

    Pluck it, or you could form the full G chord shape there and strum it. Which would be 0775.

    Glad you dig the lesson! 🙂

    Andrew
    Keymaster

    peiching – Great playing! You have a very nice tone to your playing 🙂

    I have two suggestions for you. First, for the fingerpicking section, work on increasing the tempo. Start with 5 or 10 BPM faster than what you are currently at. Overall, you played this section very well, so the challenge for you will be to push yourself to play it just a little bit faster.

    Second, in the strumming sections, you speed up. But you only speed up when strumming, fingerpicking remains at the previous tempo. So I would practice this section at your current tempo, but play along to a metronome. That will help keep you in time.

    in reply to: What am I doing????? #32669
    Andrew
    Keymaster

    Way to go! Almost done w/ Theme 3. 🙂

    Andrew
    Keymaster

    @ultramom – Great start! 🙂

    in reply to: Vote On Our Next Arrangement! (Vote Off #2) #32642
    Andrew
    Keymaster

    Look like the Doors won by a landslide! We’ll get on it 🙂

    Thanks to everyone for voting!

    in reply to: Concept lesson EP008 Bossa Nova #32626
    Andrew
    Keymaster

    OMG this is amazing, Jina!

    in reply to: Your opinions on Low G? #32615
    Andrew
    Keymaster

    Most of the time, yes it requires adjustments to be made.

    Pretty much any uke can be set up for high or low G. But some may be better for one or the other depending on scale size, nut width, etc.

Viewing 15 posts - 2,566 through 2,580 (of 4,195 total)