Forum Replies Created
-
AuthorPosts
-
October 14, 2019 at 1:26 pm in reply to: Participate in the October 2019 Member Challenge – WIN a CUSTOM Kanile’a! #32598
AndrewKeymasterYou def can, Dhruv! Start here with our lessons and let me know if you need any help. I’m always around to help! Have fun 🙂
October 14, 2019 at 11:39 am in reply to: Participate in the October 2019 Member Challenge – WIN a CUSTOM Kanile’a! #32590
AndrewKeymaster@deadbuggy – That sounds better! But I would still work on getting it 100% accurate to the arrangement.
October 13, 2019 at 1:54 pm in reply to: Participate in the October 2019 Member Challenge – WIN a CUSTOM Kanile’a! #32572
AndrewKeymasterjohanna2509 – Great job! Here is my feedback and the lesson I referenced.
AndrewKeymasterThanks for your support, @parkin73! If you need help on the lessons, please don’t hesitate to post ?’s on the forum. Happy to help! 🙂
October 12, 2019 at 11:27 am in reply to: Participate in the October 2019 Member Challenge – WIN a CUSTOM Kanile’a! #32565
AndrewKeymasterlaurasil – Beautiful playing! At this point in your playing, I’d start thinking about adding accents and dynamics. Most of your playing has a very even range, but you can really make the piece pop in certain places by using either of these concepts. Check out this live lesson that Matt taught for an idea on how to incorporate this into your playing.
AndrewKeymasterJina is spot on!
Arranging takes a diff approach if low or high G. Neither is more difficult, but one is usually the better choice to arrange on, depending on the tune. For example, Moonlight Sonata needs the bass movement heard on the piano. So Low G was the obvious choice.
I’d recommend one of each. We hit low G lesson content hard this year and have 18 arrangements out atm.
October 10, 2019 at 9:10 pm in reply to: Participate in the October 2019 Member Challenge – WIN a CUSTOM Kanile’a! #32444
AndrewKeymaster@lisadmh – You are pulling the strings down. Try to form the chord so the strings remain as straight as possible. I would remove the phrasing and just practice the chord change with the above as your goal.
October 10, 2019 at 12:52 pm in reply to: Participate in the October 2019 Member Challenge – WIN a CUSTOM Kanile’a! #32429October 8, 2019 at 5:10 pm in reply to: October 14th, 2019 – Live Lesson Topic: Triplet Picking Technique! #31179
AndrewKeymasterHere is the PDF for the live stream. 🙂
Please make sure you are logged in to download it.
October 8, 2019 at 1:13 pm in reply to: Participate in the October 2019 Member Challenge – WIN a CUSTOM Kanile’a! #31169
AndrewKeymaster@anirbaf – Can you post a video playing just that part? I’ll be better able to help if I can see/hear what you are doing.
October 7, 2019 at 8:40 pm in reply to: Participate in the October 2019 Member Challenge – WIN a CUSTOM Kanile’a! #31160
AndrewKeymasterMy pleasure!
October 7, 2019 at 12:19 pm in reply to: Participate in the October 2019 Member Challenge – WIN a CUSTOM Kanile’a! #31155
AndrewKeymasterdeadbuggy – Great job, Sara! So I think you have a good base established, but with this song you really want to work on getting every note correct. I spent a lot of time with this arrangement on note selection, specifically the B melodies.
There is movement in the bass (which I talked about in the lesson), and this movement is intertwined between the harmony; which helps to make this a very cool sounding tune. Now a lot of times, arrangements have a “filler” harmony, and therefore you are free to switch up picking patterns, etc. But IMO, it does not work for this song.
nthibode – Bravo, brilliant!
robinboyd – Great job! Here is my feedback for you 🙂
AndrewKeymasterWelcome, slij02! Thanks for the kind words! I’m always around if you need help or have ?’s on the lessons 🙂
AndrewKeymasterWell done! Very beautiful playing 🙂
-
AuthorPosts