Forum Replies Created
-
AuthorPosts
-
June 20, 2019 at 3:33 pm in reply to: Participate in the June 2019 Member Challenge – LAST Chance to WIN a Kanile’a! #28308
AndrewKeymaster@surfnrz – Dang Ray, you killed those vocals! Excellent playing too 🙂
So I’ve noticed a few of you guys have trouble with the intro. Here are the hits written out (non hits or ties are in parentheses). Check out the video that I shot above for, johanna2509, which talks about the trickiness of the rhythm for the intro. I gave a tip in the video for how you can write the rhythm above the tab/notation and how to practice counting and clapping before playing to help get it down.
Keep in mind it has a swung 8th note feel.
(1) & 2 & 3 & 4 &
1 & 2 & (3) & 4 &
(1) & 2 & (3) & 4 &
(1) & 2 & (3) & 4 (&)
June 20, 2019 at 1:29 pm in reply to: Participate in the June 2019 Member Challenge – LAST Chance to WIN a Kanile’a! #28305
AndrewKeymasterbeebee & donovan – Way to go guys! Here is my feedback for you, Bibi.
Lessons I referenced:
1) https://rockclass101.com/proper-left-hand-ukulele-form/
2) https://rockclass101.com/proper-right-hand-ukulele-form/
stianukulele – Beautiful playing! Here is my feedback for you.
Lesson I referenced: https://rockclass101.com/swung-vs-straight-rhythm/
johanna2509 – Well done! Here’s a video for help with counting rhythms for the intro. Here is the lesson I referenced and our Reading Course.
lisamcc – That was awesome, Lisa! The only critique I can offer is to watch the tempo, as you sped up here and there. Keep up the great work 🙂
abaluyot – So awesome! Here is my feedback for you.
robinboyd – That was excellent, Robin! Check out the video that I shot above for, johanna2509, which talks about the trickiness of the rhythm for the intro. I gave a tip in the video for how you can write the rhythm above the tab/notation and how to practice counting and clapping before playing to help get it down.
AndrewKeymasterCheck out Paul’s video on this, it’s really good!
AndrewKeymaster@smudge – you are on the list, with [email protected]. May want to check your spam folder 🙂
AndrewKeymasterOhh sorry, I misread. To learn how to download lesson assets, please view the 2nd video on this page and jump 5 minutes into it.
June 14, 2019 at 4:40 pm in reply to: Participate in the June 2019 Member Challenge – LAST Chance to WIN a Kanile’a! #28227
AndrewKeymasterHi Ed, can you log out and log in and then try again. That usually fixes an issues like this.
June 14, 2019 at 12:31 pm in reply to: Participate in the June 2019 Member Challenge – LAST Chance to WIN a Kanile’a! #28222
AndrewKeymasterkirpuff – Beautiful take! I noticed a couple things that I wanted to point out.
1) I’d cut the fermata a bit shorter on the G in measure 2, as it felt a bit too long. Which in a way, looses the tension/release effect.
2) In measure 6, the D note (5 on st. 1) should be a quarter note, not an 8th. Double check the timing/rhythm there.
3) I really liked how you added dynamics, raising the volume/expression in measure 15. Very tasteful 🙂
AndrewKeymasterI see what you mean with the demo of the rhythm in the pt. 2 lesson. I’d follow the rhythm/notation of the on-screen tab viewer. Beat 2 needs to be an 8th note triplet.
AndrewKeymasterWelcome VK! That’s awesome that you live close by to so many. Is HMS one of them?
Keep at the strumming. We are actually working on a new course that’s all about Strumming 🙂
June 11, 2019 at 4:57 pm in reply to: June 10th, 2019 – Live Lesson Topic: Playing with Finesse #28166
AndrewKeymasterIf you missed the lesson yesterday, it’s up today! You can watch it HERE. Here’s a little snippet of what it covers. 🙂
View this post on InstagramA post shared by Rock Class 101 (@rockclass101) on
June 11, 2019 at 4:55 pm in reply to: Participate in the June 2019 Member Challenge – LAST Chance to WIN a Kanile’a! #28165
AndrewKeymaster@robinboyd – that works!
June 10, 2019 at 11:52 am in reply to: Participate in the June 2019 Member Challenge – LAST Chance to WIN a Kanile’a! #28148
AndrewKeymasterlildevil – You are a great player. 🙂 I liked the transition into Aloha ‘Oe, it fit perfect and flowed well. No worries on the ending, you can target your practice to touch up that part, but truly fantastic overall. I really enjoyed watching your performance!
June 9, 2019 at 2:32 pm in reply to: June 10th, 2019 – Live Lesson Topic: Playing with Finesse #28141
AndrewKeymasterHey Zion, it’s called Tremolo Picking 🙂
June 8, 2019 at 2:50 pm in reply to: Participate in the June 2019 Member Challenge – LAST Chance to WIN a Kanile’a! #28138
AndrewKeymasterplanetfink – That was awesome! Here is my tip for you 🙂
-
AuthorPosts