Andrew

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 1,111 through 1,125 (of 4,195 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • Andrew
    Keymaster

    @jbmills07 – That was awesome, Justin! I’m sure your grandfather would have loved it ๐Ÿ™‚

    2 things to work on as you continue practicing. First, try not to overly tug the strings down when doing the pull-offs. Check out this lesson for more detail on the mechanics. Likewise, try not to pull down on the strings when fretting chords. For ex: 2nd string, 3rd fret at 50 seconds in your performance. Doing that makes the note sound sharp.


    @deadbuggy
    – Beautiful performance, Sara! I will send it to AJ to listen to. I’m sure he’ll love it! ๐Ÿ™‚


    @marlongas
    – That was a great performance! You nailed the vibe!

    Andrew
    Keymaster

    @rebeca – That was awesome! And I agree with you. I remember having to practice a lot b/c the right hand kept tripping me up lol.

    in reply to: We wish you a Merry Christmas by my 6 year old boy #54031
    Andrew
    Keymaster

    He’s amazing! His sense of timing is incredible. I’d continue teaching him as you are. You’re doing a phenomenal job!

    in reply to: Singing and strumming #54030
    Andrew
    Keymaster

    We’ve got you covered here. This lesson came out last year and goes super in-depth on how to sing and strum at the same time ๐Ÿ™‚

    Andrew
    Keymaster

    @shmu88 – Beautifully played, Sam! I will send it to Chris to watch, I’m sure he’ll love it ๐Ÿ™‚

    Andrew
    Keymaster

    LOL

    in reply to: IM LATE FOR AN IMPORTANT DATE! #53914
    Andrew
    Keymaster

    That wasn’t rough, that rocked! And the chuck sounds great! Keep working on the verse to bring it up to the tempo/fluidity of the chorus. And keep up the great work! I always enjoy watching your performances ๐Ÿ™‚

    Andrew
    Keymaster

    Overall, we had 30 members participate in this month’s challenge! I’ve got to give each and every one of you a big round of applause! Everyone played so well and it was a complete joy to watch each performance. ๐Ÿ™‚

    So without further ado, the winner of the Pineapple Ukulele is:

    null

    null

    Our October Challenge is LIVE and it’s your fourth chance to WIN a $6,000 Kanile’a Ukulele! Hope to see each and every one of you in the October Challenge: https://rockclass101.com/october-2022-challenge

    Andrew
    Keymaster

    @gi_gi_ – Fantastic job on the technique! Timing was great! Performance was great! Well done this month, GiGi ๐Ÿ™‚


    @sarahmusic
    – Love to hear when y’all play along to a click! Performance was great! As you continue to practice, I’d focus the most on the verse. Try a slower bpm to focus on nailing the rhythm and keeping it steady.

    Thank you for the suggestion on YouTube videos and for the kind words. I will look into it. In the meantime, we always label sections on the top right of the screen. So you can hover over the play bar to find the section you are looking for ๐Ÿ™‚


    @sarrafina
    – Beautiful playing Sarrafina! In the past, I’ve recommend you jump into our reading course. I’m going to recommend it again. Your playing of notes and chords is wonderful, but I want to see more focus being put towards rhythm. Rhythm is 1/3 of music. The other 2/3’s being melody and harmony, which you are crushing! Turn your focus on rhythm and timing and you’ll be unstoppable ๐Ÿ™‚

    Andrew
    Keymaster

    @tessiert – Speed was perfect! Keep doing what you’re doing and you’ll be Sonic in no time lol. But seriously, great job this month Trace!


    @nelsonlin2021
    – Amazing job! You aced the timing! Incredible for your first run with a band. Bravo!

    Technique sounds great! Make sure to keep your wrist and forearm loose. Thatโ€™s the key to making this technique effortless. And I love the new uke, tone sounds great!

    Andrew
    Keymaster

    Here’s everyone on page 5.


    @moonshine
    – Bravo! That’s a really tough tune to play with all the syncopation. I thought you did a great job on the rhythm and your performance nailed the fun, feel good vibes ๐Ÿ™‚

    Only thing I’d recommend to continue working on is timing. See if you can keep it a little more consistent throughout. Keep practicing with a metronome, that should get you there in no time (pun intended lol).


    @bibilele
    – Great performance! I loved it ๐Ÿ™‚


    @mac1984
    – Bravo! I thought you did an excellent job with timing and rhythm, which are the hardest parts of this song! My only suggestion is to memorize it, that way you can put your full focus into your playing. Very impressive job this month, Marc!


    @jody_hendrickson
    – Excellent performance! Great feel throughout! So there’s a couple hesitations here and there, but it sounds like a little more practice will smooth that out. Keep up the great work Jody and thank you for the kind words!


    @tric_o_tronic
    – I loved the video! Especially the big chair and the jump shot lol. Performance sounded great! My only suggestion is the same advice I gave @moonshine above: which is to continue working on timing. See if you can keep it a little more consistent throughout. Keep practicing with a metronome, that should get you there in no time (pun intended lol).


    @andrewvh
    – Amazing job this month, Andrew! Great feel and impressive speed! In regards to the H/Oโ€™s & P/Oโ€™s, try removing the chords and playing just the melody notes so you can focus on the technique. When you’re comfortable with that, add the chords in again but work on them at a slower tempo than your performance tempo.


    @ukandrea
    – That’s awesome to hear, Andrea! I took a screenshot of what you said and sent it to Matt ๐Ÿ™‚


    @june2020
    – Way to go, June! You nailed the melody. For the Riff, I want you to play along with Matt in the tab player. Try to count the rhythms out-loud as you play. That should help you get locked into the groove more.


    @biancak
    – I thought you did a great job on the rhythm and timing! Great performance overall! My only suggestion is to slow the tempo a little bit. I think the song grooves more at a slower tempo.


    @lynnzo
    – I hope you and your family are safe. My thoughts are with you and everyone in FL.

    Performance was great! With the tremolo technique, try to keep your right hand at a consistent down/up movement to keep the flow of notes steady. Make sure to keep your wrist and forearm loose. That’s the only way to achieve this.

    Andrew
    Keymaster

    Here’s everyone on page 4 I haden’t gotten to.


    @leb397
    – That was a fantastic take! The only thing I’d recommend is to practice slower to focus on the clarity of each note/chord. Then slowly build it back up to the current tempo. As for the clicking sound, do you mean your right hand finger nail(s)? If so, that’s natural. I wouldn’t worry too much about it. But you could trim your nails if you want to lesson the impact sound they create when hitting the body/neck.


    @mark65536
    – Another one knocked outta the park, Mark (and twin lol)! And bravo on the tempo, very impressive!


    @brettboy
    & @shmu88 – Bravo! Amazing take guys! Was an honor to share it in our newsletter today ๐Ÿ™‚

    Andrew
    Keymaster

    Friendly Reminder – The deadline for receiving feedback and an entry into the giveaway is tonight at 11:59 PM EST (check your local time zone).

    Andrew
    Keymaster

    @riffyk – Please scroll up to the first post and see: GROUND RULES FOR PARTICIPATION. It answers those questions ๐Ÿ™‚

    Andrew
    Keymaster

    Unfortunately, AJ’s out of the country until late October so we wouldn’t be able to. If you jump to 39:40 in the lesson, I covered how to voice the chords on ukulele to turn it into a ukulele only duet. Hopefully that gives you some ideas on how to voice the chords on piano ๐Ÿ™‚

Viewing 15 posts - 1,111 through 1,125 (of 4,195 total)