Forum Replies Created
-
AuthorPosts
-
October 25, 2022 at 7:45 pm in reply to: Participate in the October 2022 Member Challenge – WIN $6,000 Kanile’a #54280October 25, 2022 at 4:34 pm in reply to: Participate in the October 2022 Member Challenge – WIN $6,000 Kanile’a #54274
AndrewKeymaster@dianna – Great playing and I love the outfit and setting! My only suggestion is to try to keep the tempo a little more steady overall (barring sections you want to add rubato).
@june2020 – Timing sounds great! Excellent playing!
@jbmills07 – Super clean playing! Well done! 👏
@The_Bumble_Bard – Wow! I was really impressed by your performance. You’re making BIG strides in your playing at an unusually fast pace. Very impressive! The first half of the piece flows elegantly and smoothly. So I’d put the bulk of your practice in the last half to match the flow of the first half. Keep practicing just as you are, it’s working!
@karenj – This was so awesome! Love the outfit, setting, and especially that uke! Great playing and presentation 🙂October 23, 2022 at 4:06 pm in reply to: Participate in the October 2022 Member Challenge – WIN $6,000 Kanile’a #54238
AndrewKeymaster@mark1256 – Awesome job on the tempo, Mark! Playing sounds great overall. I do want to hear more connection with the pull-off note on the A string. I hear the first of the 2 notes clearly, but not enough of the second. Practice a little slower and focus on getting that note to ring at the same volume as the first.
@lhamilton – I love it! It sounds so cool on electric w/ delay. And of course, the great playing on your part 🙂
@mark65536 – Great dynamics in the build up! Another stellar performance, Mark! Bravo 👏
@katazumiri – I always found classical the hardest to memorize. Sometimes I read as I played, like in Canon. Other times I played from memory.But I understand there are folks who only read vs those who only play. For me, I prefer to fall somewhere in the middle 🙂
AndrewKeymasterThis was awesome! And I love the video effects 🙂
AndrewKeymasterModules 1 – 4 cover the fundamentals of playing. That information is interchangeable between either tuning. Module 5 & 6 contain the performance tunes. The 3 songs in module 5 should work fine for low G. The same goes for the first song in module 6, but the last 2 might have some “off” sounding notes when using a low G.
I’d keep the low G and jump in! Hope you enjoy the lessons and if you ever need help on them or have questions, please don’t hesitate to ask 🙂
AndrewKeymasterWelcome John and thank you for the kind words! Glad you found us and I’m looking forward to watching your performance for this month’s challenge 🙂
October 22, 2022 at 3:09 pm in reply to: Participate in the October 2022 Member Challenge – WIN $6,000 Kanile’a #54221
AndrewKeymaster@kidelozzi – Bravo Steve! You nailed the spooky vibes and I was really impressed with your timing throughout all four pieces. Hard work pays off and this performance shows that 🙂
@leb397 – I thought this was one of the best performances I’ve heard from you, Louisa! You did a great job relaying the eerie vibe of this composition. Keep up the great work!
@madz_about_uke – That was a great performance! It’s definitely a challenging piece for what the right hand has to do. Keep keep working on building speed and try not to rush the chord plucks that happen before the motif ends the piece.
@katazumiri – Brilliant performance and I really enjoyed listening to your bass accompaniment. I will send it to Steven to listen to 🙂My only advice for the uke is to memorize the piece. That way you can focus entirely on the performance.
@joannetala – Great performance! Well done on the timing. And very good job on the mix. Audio quality was superb!
@johanna2509 – Great playing, Johanna! The right hand is definitely tricky with this piece. Loop the tricky bars at a slower tempo to help build muscle memory in the right hand.
@jedart – Great playing, Jed! Try playing along with me in the tab player. Sometimes playing along with a guide gives you the push to connect sections/transitions. In other words, it forces you to move faster, especially with the jumps in this piece. Start slow then work on building speed 🙂October 19, 2022 at 8:20 pm in reply to: Participate in the October 2022 Member Challenge – WIN $6,000 Kanile’a #54196October 19, 2022 at 12:15 pm in reply to: Participate in the October 2022 Member Challenge – WIN $6,000 Kanile’a #54192
AndrewKeymaster@misterbones – Brilliant performance! It’s always a bit surreal to go from being a listener to a performer of the piece. I’ll have to check out that movie you recommended. You had me sold at blues bros meets classical loL!
Can you add that song request here?
@suekulele – Were you searching for Eddie? 😂I loved it! The backdrop was icing on the cake. Great performance! As you continue to practice, focus on keeping it steady.
October 17, 2022 at 2:57 pm in reply to: Participate in the October 2022 Member Challenge – WIN $6,000 Kanile’a #54178
AndrewKeymaster@didyyh_guitar – Beautiful performance. Great feel throughout!
@jebergeron – Great performance JP! I really liked the dynamics in the build up, but try to gradually increase the tempo throughout the run instead of at the start. I think that will create a bigger emotional impact.
AndrewKeymasterThe trick is to get your hands on auto-pilot. Which is another way to word what Robin stated. This takes time. Start by vamping (staying) on one chord with an easy strum pattern. It can be the island strum or something simple like:

Record yourself. Try talking over it. Go back and listen to see if you kept it steady and didn’t mess up the pattern. If you made a mistake, try to analyze your performance and figure out what’s tripping you. You can even post it here. We’d be happy to watch it to offer more feedback.
Run this exercise everyday. And try singing simple melody lines too. That way it’s not just “hello, I am talking” while you strum LOL
Keep at it. It takes time, but you’ll get it!
AndrewKeymasterWelcome, Krysia! Please watch the second video on this page and jump 10:42 into it. It’ll teach you how to sort and search for songs.
That page also gives you a lot of ideas on where to start and what to work on with our lessons. I hope you enjoy the lessons and if you ever have any questions on them, please don’t hesitate to ask 🙂
AndrewKeymasterThank you! I appreciate the kind words 🙂
October 15, 2022 at 10:44 pm in reply to: Participate in the October 2022 Member Challenge – WIN $6,000 Kanile’a #54141
AndrewKeymaster@clempek – Your playing was fantastic! Great feel throughout!
P.S. Don’t forget to tune up before you hit record 😉
@rafaela – Beautifully played, you nailed the haunting vibes 🙂The only thing I want to bring to your attention are the 8th note triplets in Melody D. You’re playing those really slow. Try playing along w/ Chris in the tab player. Focus on matching the rhythm.
@gmflin8 – Wow Grace! Your progress from your practice sessions to the performance was incredible! Bravo! Great job on the rhythm and timing 👏
@lisadmh – That was awesome Lisa! Great playing throughout. As you continue to practice, focus on measure 6. Everything else was rockin’. I’ve said it before, but I’m continually impressed by your progress. Keep up the great work!October 14, 2022 at 10:49 am in reply to: Participate in the October 2022 Member Challenge – WIN $6,000 Kanile’a #54103
AndrewKeymaster@marlongas – It was an awesome performance! I’m gonna feature it in our newsletter today 🙂
@lyndallk – Wow! That was fantastic, Lyndall. The build up was EPIC! I’d say you did a phenomenal relaying the emotion of the piece. -
AuthorPosts