Andrew

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 1,411 through 1,425 (of 4,195 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: Girl from Ipanema #50083
    Andrew
    Keymaster

    Can you upload it to YouTube and share the link here? Unfortunately, our upload feature can only handle photos.

    in reply to: Etude 3 plus #50081
    Andrew
    Keymaster

    Love it! Way to take it and make it your own 🙂

    Andrew
    Keymaster

    WE DID IT! WE RAISED $2,885 for The Ukulele Kids Club. The money we raised will donate 57 ukuleles to hospital based children who will be paired up with music therapists that TEACH THEM how to play!

    Thanks to everyone who participated and donated in our December Challenge.

    Together, WE GAVE the gift of music to children in need.

    null

    Andrew
    Keymaster

    Thank you so much for your generous donation and kind words, Lisa 🙂

    Andrew
    Keymaster

    Here’s the live stream announcing the winner if anyone missed it. Congrats, @myukemylife!

    Andrew
    Keymaster

    THANKS TO EVERYONE WHO PARTICIPATED THIS MONTH! WE HAD 97 ENTRIES! YOU GUYS ROCK! The challenge will run until Dec 31, but no more entries will count towards the giveaway prize.

    I’ll be announcing the winner of the Kanile’a Ukulele tomorrow LIVE at 12 pm EST (Check Your Local Time Zone) on our YouTube channel at this link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AVHh3Y0KD0c

    P.S. There may be a bonus trivia entry awarded tomorrow, so def don’t miss the live stream 😉

    Here is a list of everyone who participated. Please let me know if there are any discrepancies.

    —-

    lyndallk
    lyndallk
    planetfink
    planetfink
    debb1985
    debb1985
    melanieh
    melanieh
    katazumiri
    nthibode
    nthibode
    ccwuke
    ccwuke
    rebeca
    rebeca
    mark1256
    mark1256
    rafaela
    rafaela
    shmu88
    shmu88
    concan
    concan
    june2020
    june2020
    bibilele
    bibilele
    lhamilton
    lhamilton
    leslieb
    leslieb
    ferrouselm
    bomarkt
    bomarkt
    misterbones
    misterbones
    lbilkie
    lbilkie
    mkstewart67
    mkstewart67
    brettboy
    brettboy
    tules14
    tules14
    turkgoose
    turkgoose
    andyrose
    andyrose
    joe150
    joe150
    ukandrea
    ukandrea
    jbmills07
    jbmills07
    ukandoit
    ukandoit
    rickeymike
    rickeymike
    clempek
    clempek
    terryfallon3
    terryfallon3
    gstriph
    gstriph
    karenj
    karenj
    dividedsky
    dividedsky
    dennisdickens
    dennisdickens
    nelsonlin2021
    strlee
    lynnzo
    lynnzo
    robinl
    robinl
    kpurdy
    kpurdy
    mademoiselleannette
    robinboyd
    robinboyd
    xavierrahfael
    xavierrahfael
    zongozongo
    zongozongo
    seoulkim
    seoulkim
    ajk101
    ajk101
    evapaju
    evapaju
    johanna2509
    johanna2509
    ukule_lise
    ukule_lise
    laurajax
    laurajax
    bethany_guardiani
    bethany_guardiani
    bemarlie
    bemarlie
    yukalele
    yukalele
    lisamcc
    lisamcc
    riley_ukulele
    riley_ukulele
    janaq1
    janaq1
    laurakarr12
    laurakarr12
    addilein
    addilein
    ldarrow
    ldarrow
    felixhchan
    felixhchan
    patdrehu
    patdrehu
    akukes73
    akukes73
    dal08260
    dal08260
    andrewvh
    andrewvh
    maryjanew
    maryjanew
    antotonin
    antotonin
    coffeemug
    coffeemug
    lintuu
    lintuu
    rockster
    rockster
    richard_siegert
    ukealori
    ukealori
    kidelozzi
    kidelozzi
    themccoys
    themccoys
    biancak
    biancak
    stinyuke
    stinyuke
    smudge
    smudge
    rufio0
    rufio0
    celia21
    sarahd
    sarahd
    henri0
    henri0
    morrieuke1
    morrieuke1
    annefgodfrey
    annefgodfrey
    kelsey91
    kelsey91
    cstiber
    cstiber
    cimarronsailor
    
cimarronsailor
    beauke
    beauke
    isabelm
    isabelm
    sarrafina
    sarrafina
    treble_rebel
    treble_rebel
    santai
    santai
    kirpuff
    kirpuff
    mkstewart67
    mkstewart67
    puppylovesuke
    puppylovesuke

    Andrew
    Keymaster

    Here’s everyone I hadn’t left feedback for yet 🙂

    —-

    annefgodfrey – I’m so glad you joined us this month, Anne. Your performance was gorgeous. I know Tom is smiling 🙂

    kelsey91 – Beautiful performances, Kelsey! And I love the vocal ending you came up with for the NYE tune. Well done this month, keep up the great work!

    And thank you so much for the donation!!

    P.S. You forgot to add the premium tag for your October entry, but I got you down for double entries for that month and this month 🙂

    cstiber – I sent it to AJ, Cody. He’s gonna love it because it was a great performance! You played it well and your dedication month after month to improve is inspiring to me and our community 🙂

    Thank you so much for the donation!

    cimarronsailor – Lovely performance and the uke sounded fine to me. No worries on the ending, I sang the last 2 chords out-loud lol 🙂

    beauke – Beautiful playing, Bea! I think with a little bit more practice you’ll have it where you want it to be. But it already sounds lovely. Keep up the great work!

    isabelm – Fantastic performance, Isabel! Watch out for that chord change at 55 seconds (first chord of the bridge). Sounds like you were a half step down. Other than that it was flawless. Great job this month!

    sarrafina – Bravo, your playing has such a great feel! And I love the arpeggiated strum technique that you use.

    So a tip on pacing and timing: Your best friend is the metronome. Try playing along with it or the on-screen tab viewer in synthetic mode with the metronome activated. Either option is a great way to work on those two areas.

    Keep playing, you have a lot of talent!

    treble_rebel – Wonderfully played and love the outro you came up with 🙂

    santai – Fantastic performance and thank you for the kind words, Marvin 🙂

    kirpuff – Beautiful playing as always, Sara! Thank you so much for your generous donation 🙂

    mkstewart67 – Playing sounds great, Melissa! And I love the fireplace backdrop. Just a little more practice and you’ll get it smoothed out. You’re almost there! Great job this month 🙂

    puppylovesuke – Great job on the intro! It has a great feel. Melodies sound are well played too! Just a couple pauses to work out as you keep practicing. But it was awesome overall! Great work this month 🙂


    @uku241
    – So sorry to hear you had trouble with Soundcloud. Great job on the tune! Unfortunately, you submitted past our deadline so we won’t be able to give you an entry for the prize for this month. I tried to give everyone a friendly reminder last night. I’m sorry!

    in reply to: Hello ukulele verse #50042
    Andrew
    Keymaster

    Welcome, Charles! Please add that tune to our request list. We do vote-offs from that list just like we did a couple weeks ago 🙂

    Andrew
    Keymaster

    Here are the rest of the folks on page 11.

    rufio0 – Great playing, Ilija! Only thing I’d suggest is to work on the areas where you had little pauses and the outro – which is the trickiest part of this tune. But overall it was awesome, keep up the great work!

    celia21 – Beautifully played! I loved listening to your performance. Keep up the great work!

    sarahd – What a lovely performance, Sarah. Well done!

    henri0 – Beautiful performance, Rhian! I’m so sorry to hear that you aren’t feeling well. I hope you feel better soon and thank you so much for the donation!

    morrieuke1 – I would rock that sweater it looks awesome to me! Now I gotta see if they make one for RATT lol!

    I gotta tell you, you’ve been knocking these last few challenges out of the park! Amazing job, keep up the great work Michael!

    Andrew
    Keymaster

    Here’s everyone on page 11 so far.

    kidelozzi – Brilliant take, Steve! And your Kanile’a sounds incredible! You’re playing was excellent throughout. But there is one section that I would suggest altering. When you get to the chorus, the rhythms change a bit as it introduces half notes and quarter note rests. So watch out for that change in feel as it’s more drawn out.

    Thank you so much for your generous donation!! 🙂

    themccoys – You should definitely sing more, Emily! What a lovely take. Great job this month!

    biancak – Beautiful playing! My only suggestion is to slow the tempo down a little bit. This is one of those songs that I think breathes better at a moderate pace.

    stinyuke – I thought you played it beautifully! This song has such a great melody that it never feels like work to practice more 🙂

    Thank you so much for the kind words and for your generous donation!

    smudge – I actually really like the pace that you played it at. And the fills you through in, love them! I also have to say great job with the swing feel. Such a cheerful take, well done!

    Andrew
    Keymaster

    @patdrehu – Thank you so much for the donation! Please send me an email with the amount so I can update our tally 🙂

    Andrew
    Keymaster

    Here are the folks on page 10 we hadn’t gotten to yet.

    rockster – Great playing, Rocco! And thank you for the kind words. I want you to try playing along with the tab player (in synthetic mode with the metronome on). Take 4 or 8 bar sections at a time and try to match your playing to it. The playback will act as a guide to help keep you locked in and strengthen your timing.

    richard_siegert – Well done, Richard! One melody change: For the third bar, which plays out of A minor, you want to vamp on the E string, not the A string.

    A couple times you messed up a little section and then restarted. Always play through your mistakes. Pretend like you’re performing with a band, if you mess up, they don’t stop, they keep going.

    Now that you have your performance recorded, it’s always great to go back and note where you struggled. Because then you can target your practice in those areas.

    ukealori – I loved your performance, Lori! And don’t worry about the nerves, it hits all of us when we hit record. I noticed there were a couple tricky chord transitions, so just target practice on those spots. But great job overall, keep up the good work!

    Andrew
    Keymaster

    We’ve SMASHED through our participation goal of 72 members! So I went ahead and made our donation of $500 to The UKC today 🙂

    This means we’ve also SMASHED our fundraising goal and have now raised $2,540 for the charity! AMAZING!

    Let’s set a new goal and go for $2,750!

    P.S. The Kanile’a winner will be announced tomorrow at 12PM EST at the link below:

    Friendly Reminder – The deadline for receiving feedback and an entry into the giveaway is tonight at 11:59 PM EST (check your local time zone).

    Andrew
    Keymaster

    @ukandrea – thank you so much for your generous donation, Andrea 🙂

    in reply to: Introduce Yourself #50000
    Andrew
    Keymaster

    Welcome, @miscmargaret! Happy to have you on-board 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 1,411 through 1,425 (of 4,195 total)